Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago
So, after an almost countless number of different tobacco flavoring companies I've tried, (flavourart, TFA, German, TA, VZ SC, ect....) I've settled on Hangsen. But one I haven't really gotten into that I see mentioned on here from time to time is Inawera. How do those flavors compare in the realism to Hangsen? Should I give them a shot, or save my money? Thanks.

Edit: I just looked at my stock, and I do have a bottle of DNB, but I understand that is more of an additive than a tobacco, supposed to make it taste ashy, in reality, makes the juice taste like old, unused gasoline. :)

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
I've been a 90 - 95% Hangsen user and just stepped a little out of my normal comfort zone, and ordered FA Shade & Tuscan Reserve, and INW Gold Ducat. I just tried the Gold Ducat last night, and thought it was very very good. I was impressed. I'm going to order a bigger bottle in the future.

You might do a search on it and read some reviews to see if it might fit the flavor profiles you like. I know that is still a crapshoot, but it might give you an idea. It's only $2.99 for a 10 ml bottle at BCV, so it might be worth checking out, the next time you place an order there. It's a unique blend of flavors, to me, so I'd have a hard time describing it.

On a Hangsen note, I tried Magic Mix for the first time, and thought it was very good. I'll be adding a bigger bottle of it to my stash in the future.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago
Thanks Brian, Doug and Danny. I think I'll use up my Hangsen for now, and then try an Inawera when I'm low.

How's that Flavourart for you DD? I'm looking at my stash right now and trying not to calculate how much money I've wasted on mine. Good luck to you on those :/

I only like a couple as a top note in a couple of my mixes, namely a splash of Cam-T in my RY4. Adds a bit of spicyness.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I'm liking the FA Shade a lot. That one is going to be a regular as well.

I hope to sample the Tuscan Reserve sometime later today.

I'm a hardcore splasher myself. I love tank mixing. I've found my favorite mixes doing that.

I have tried several Flavor Art tobaccos and some of them are very good. 7 leaves ultimate is my ADV. Cubana Supreme is also good, but only if you like cigar type flavors. As I understand it, FA supplies some of Inawera's flavors. I hear for example that their 7 Leaves are reportedly identical. I will know for sure when the IW sample I am currently steeping is ready. I did not care for Shade at all but some like it a lot. I did enjoy their Max Blend and Royal tobacco - both of which have a very tiny bit of vanilla. Royal will give you a menthol sensation at any level above 2.5%. Of course neither IW nor FA are made from tobacco leaves as HS is. DNB is the only exception.

Last edited:

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
Maybe the 3% is too much for me, but I'm not a big fan of the Tuscan Reserve. Too much of what I would describe as a floral taste. The first word that popped into my head, after the first taste, was a bit perfumey.

I tasted it in a dripper, for convenience. I have to say, I've never really gotten along that well with drippers. I'm a relatively low power vaper, and drippers are usually a little too potent for me. Maybe that, combined with the 3% made it overpowering.

I'll revisit it soon, at a lower percentage and in a tank. Hopefully that will help.

Reactions: nostradadus

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Maybe the 3% is too much for me, but I'm not a big fan of the Tuscan Reserve. Too much of what I would describe as a floral taste. The first word that popped into my head, after the first taste, was a bit perfumey.

Mix it at around 2 or 3% with .5 to 1% of some DNB or Shade. Go through whatever mixing/steeping process you want, but don't vape it until the 4th week of steeping. See how you like it then. Yup....it takes a bit of steep time with some FA and INW tobaccos.

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
just tried the Gold Ducat last night, and thought it was very very good.

Speaking with you earlier about the GD flung a craving on me to mix a batch up myself; hadn't use it in months, but now I remember how tasty it can be! Mixed mine with a tiny bit of INW rum and FA fig; hope it turns out well!

Reactions: Detroit Doug

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
Mix it at around 2 or 3% with .5 to 1% of some DNB or Shade. Go through whatever mixing/steeping process you want, but don't vape it until the 4th week of steeping. See how you like it then. Yup....it takes a bit of steep time with some FA and INW tobaccos.

Maybe I've been spoiled by the minimal steep times needed for the Hangsens. Thanks much for that info!

mechanism

Jan 6, 2013
UK
Maybe I've been spoiled by the minimal steep times needed for the Hangsens.

Same here! I really enjoy the immediacy of most of the Hangsen Essences. I mixed up some INW Gold Ducat a week ago at 3% and it's still... to me not so good... almost unvapable even, just the way the FA flavours used to be for me before a month-long steep. I also decided to try out some Hangsen's Cohiba for the first time (@4%) and it was good on day 2. At day 7 I don't want to put it down!

Now I have 4 Hangsen ADVs. I found that a sweet almond flavour (I used Salub Arome Sweet Almond but likely any brand would do) goes well with HS Cohiba, just 2 drops to 10ml is good.

I've been using Hangsen tobaccos almost exclusively for the last year.... I'm definitely well spoiled by the HS flavour and hardly any steep time. There hasn't been a single one yet that I didn't like (tobaccos that is, there are plenty of non-tobacco HS flavours I haven't liked so I tend to stick with tobaccos now).

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
I've only been DIY for about 5 - 6 months. I feel very fortunate that I chose Hangsen to get started with, after a lot of web reading, trying to learn as much as I could about tobacco DIY, in preparation. A lot of that prep reading was here on ecf. A big thanks to the Hangsen loving,long time posters here. You folks got me pointed in the right direction before I ever attempted my first mix.

Because of that, I feel like I avoided so many of the pitfalls and speed bumps that I read about so often, from others starting in DIY. I ordered 4 or 5 of the popular Hangsens in these threads, mixed them at suggested percentages here, and I was off and running with a big stupid grin on my face. I thought to myself sheeeeeit, this DIY is a piece of cake!

Now I understand why it was so easy for me. I found this great source of info, and people that were passionate about Hangsen tobaccos.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
i like 50/50 fa 7leaves and fa turkish......
its not hangsens, but has a good flavor once you steep it for 3 weeks

Did you mean FA Desert Ship? I've not been able to find Turkish in the FA line. You probably meant the HS version.

Last edited:
Reactions: nostradadus

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago
Not me! I went down the long HARD road and wasted a bunch of money and time. I wished I had read this thread in Dec 2014!

Same here, Noz! :D

Anyone wanna buy some used FA Crapxxboro? :lol:

For real though, this board has been a tremendous help, great info on here. Glad there's a good hanful of tobacco lovers.

mechanism

Jan 6, 2013
UK
Me too, I've got 2 shoe boxes full of flavourings (large ones as I've got big feet!), about 1/2 of them are tobaccos from various companies. I started with FA and I must have tried every single one of the FA tobaccos :eek:

I stumbled across the HS tobacco essences via a retail site where I bought some premixed eliquid and I discovered that all their eliquids were HS and they renamed them.

It was mainly this thread that helped me hone down my choices to a few favourites and for that I'd also like to say a big thank you to the regular contributors, I've been lurking here for at least a couple of years now, reading pretty much every single comment. My ADV Hangsens are Indian, Magic Mix and Arabic. With Cohiba coming in a close fourth place. There are a few others that I use occasionally as well. All are good.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I've only been DIY for about 5 - 6 months. I feel very fortunate that I chose Hangsen to get started with, after a lot of web reading, trying to learn as much as I could about tobacco DIY, in preparation. A lot of that prep reading was here on ecf. A big thanks to the Hangsen loving,long time posters here. You folks got me pointed in the right direction before I ever attempted my first mix.

Because of that, I feel like I avoided so many of the pitfalls and speed bumps that I read about so often, from others starting in DIY. I ordered 4 or 5 of the popular Hangsens in these threads, mixed them at suggested percentages here, and I was off and running with a big stupid grin on my face. I thought to myself sheeeeeit, this DIY is a piece of cake!

Now I understand why it was so easy for me. I found this great source of info, and people that were passionate about Hangsen tobaccos.

Once I tasted a DIY HS Desert Ship it was pretty well game over. I found a taste I like now its just making the vape better, best of all my wife liked it also and I use it as a base for her flavors and waved bye to her commercial juice habit.
My wife and I's vape experience has now reached nirvana thanks to Hangsen tobac concentrates.

brianc11111

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
cincinnati
Did you mean FA Desert Ship? I've not been able to find Turkish in the FA line. You probably meant the HS version.

a local b+m said it was fa turkish, he sells rebottled flavorings,
so, who knows....
i kinda doubt its hs.....it has to steep far too long to diminish the grassy taste to sweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread