Status
Not open for further replies.

brianc11111

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
cincinnati
Once I tasted a DIY HS Desert Ship it was pretty well game over. I found a taste I like now its just making the vape better, best of all my wife liked it also and I use it as a base for her flavors and waved bye to her commercial juice habit.
My wife and I's vape experience has now reached nirvana thanks to Hangsen tobac concentrates.

i wish i could make something my wife likes....
all she wants is "the standards g-35"
i think there are only a handful of 3mg bottles left in the country....
i believe ive come real close to cloning it, but she knows its mine and says its not good.
picky picky......

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I added some Perique to Red USA, and this combination is divine. It almost taste like a burning cigarette with some added nutty-chocolaty flavor. Too bad HS does not make Perique. I had to use a NET instead - just like you would with any tobacco absolute. 1.5% did the job for me.

Last edited:

Metal Storm

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2015
Mid TN USA
I have tried several Flavor Art tobaccos and some of them are very good. 7 leaves ultimate is my ADV. Cubana Supreme is also good, but only if you like cigar type flavors. As I understand it, FA supplies some of Inawera's flavors. I hear for example that their 7 Leaves are reportedly identical. I will know for sure when the IW sample I am currently steeping is ready. I did not care for Shade at all but some like it a lot. I did enjoy their Max Blend and Royal tobacco - both of which have a very tiny bit of vanilla. Royal will give you a menthol sensation at any level above 2.5%. Of course neither IW nor FA are made from tobacco leaves as HS is. DNB is the only exception.

I've had trouble getting in ballpark with the 7 Leaves flavoring. Mind if I ask what % you use? Add anything else to it? How long to steep? It seems like it could be really good but I've failed with it so far. Thanks

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I've had trouble getting in ballpark with the 7 Leaves flavoring. Mind if I ask what % you use? Add anything else to it? How long to steep? It seems like it could be really good but I've failed with it so far. Thanks

I use it at 2% - 2.25% and get plenty of flavor. A highly concentrated flavor typical of Flavor Art line.

As the name implies, 7Leaves is a combination of flavor profiles from 7 different tobaccos. I only know 3 or 4 of them - Virginia, Latakia, Perique and others. I've heard people say it has a faint taste of Anise or plums, but I think that comes from the Perique component. The flavor is synthetic of course, not from tobacco leaves as HS.
I love the flavor, but it needs a very long steep - one month or more. Heat and plenty of shaking help, but you will still need time. If you're in a hurry for a quick vape, this one is not for you. You need plenty of patience. For me it is worth it because I love the flavor.

Last edited:

jumphour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2014
CT, USA
So boys, anyone know of a honey flavoring that doesn't taste like feet or smell like cat pee?

Edit: To mix with a Hangsen tobacco of course :D

I have DIYflavorshack's currently.
BAHAHAHA!!! When I first started vaping, I was all excited about a honey flavor, and sent for some Hangsen Honey flavor from China. My room did NOT appreciate the effort. I haven't checked for another honey since. But hopefully there's something out there.

Reactions: Mattdogg

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
anyone know of a honey flavoring that doesn't taste like feet or smell like cat pee?

I should have held off reading this thread until after I had dinner. Perfect way of killing your appetite - one way to lose weight I guess ...

Last edited:

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Fa- honey, but use a drop or two per 10ml

I haven't tried the INW Honey 'cause I stopped with FA Honey. It's the only one I have used and for me it's a spot on honey flavor. A little dab will do ya! The recipe below is pretty much an ADV for me! Mmmmm.....beer!

image.jpeg

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
So boys, anyone know of a honey flavoring that doesn't taste like feet or smell like cat pee?
Flavor Shack Honey is probably the mildest I have tried, but it requires a higher % to taste it.
Since I don't like to use high percentages in my recipes, I just add a bit to fruits, tobaccos, etc, that use a low percentage, due to their strength, then I can use enough honey to help the recipe.
I won't be buying anymore when it's gone.

Anyways, I've been reading around, it's looking like Inawera honey is the #1 candidate.
I like INW the best too ... it only requires a small % and has a good flavor
It has the real taste of honey, but without the sweetness .. that was a surprise :w00t:
It's the pick of the litter for me.

Fa honey, but use a drop or two per 10ml
I tested the FA (solo) a little stronger than that, (half dead taste buds) but yes, it is super strong.
That in turn makes it hard for me to use in recipes since I don't make 30ml at a time of anything.
Besides, FA honey doesn't measure up to INW to my taste buds.

So I go along with others ... INW is the best
I have some VZ that I haven't tried yet, but as far as I'm concerned, I've found the best already.
Just my :2c: worth[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago
I just got a 10m sample of Hangsen "Smooth" flavoring in the mail. When I opened the bottle and took a sniff, smell reminded me of tobacco absolute. I'm talking about the Eden botanical/ECX variey. I mixed it up @ %4 50/50 and tried it on a used coil, though light in color, it appears to be strong.

I will report back on this when I'm able to re-coil my atty. I think she's got potential.

Last edited:
Reactions: brianc11111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread