Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago
Ok, wrapped me up a new single coil, exactly .70, 3.8 volts or so.....

Smooth is weak on the tobacco flavor, yet has a strong throat hit....Hmmmmmm, maybe I'll try to combine it with my favorite, Magic Mix which has a great flavor, but weak sauce on the throat hit. But remember, this is at %4...

Of course I'll wait until my wick is broken in and the Smooth has time to steep by itself.

Reactions: mechanism

SailCat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2009
Beaverton, OR
www.SailCat.com
Regarding FA honey, some mixers are making a 10 percent. solution (9:1) then using. That diluted. solution in thier recipes.

I tried Inawera honey in a recipe a couple of days ago and found it worked well. But possibly of equal importance,it didn't send the wife off to check the cat's litter box. :)

I haven't seen FA SoHo mentioned here and it ain't a big, bold tobacco but the soft, slightly toasted flavor is delightful at 8:1 or so with FA Meringue. One of the execs at FA suggested this combination.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Smooth is weak on the tobacco flavor
I gave up trying to use it as a tobacco, as there are others that are SOOo much better.
BUT ... I have found that adding a tad of Smooth to my fruit mixes, gives them a lot of "body" and seems to bring the flavors together ... even just using with a solo fruit, it adds body to the flavor.
So, it has left the tobacco collection of flavors, and has joined the "additives" collection.

Just a thought for you to try.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Right on the money Slots!
So what % smooth would you go with?
I would start with 1% and see what you think ... you can always add a little more.
I don't know how much juice you make when doing a test ... but to really test it ... just make your sample without any Smooth, and then just add a drop at a time. Sometimes it needs to sit overnight to give the Smooth a chance to do it's thing ... tobacco are that way :?:
Just keep going until you notice the difference, and it makes your taste buds happy.
:nah: or :thumbs:

SailCat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2009
Beaverton, OR
www.SailCat.com
I can't get the screenshots up, but my mix is:

%5.0 HS Flue Cured
%1.3 DIYfs Honey
6mg

Some (myself included) consider taking a moment to write it out rather than posting a picture from another website to be a courtesy. In this manner, it's possible to copy and paste into our notes to save your brilliant ideas to try for ourselves! :)

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago
Those "pictures" from another website are actually screenshots of the eLiquid calculator that the members wrote out themselves to share their recipes. We're very lucky to have this forum, especially this thread to help each other out with flavoring percentages and flavor profiles ect. So, when we see someone C&P from a website, that's actually their trial and errors they're sharing with us.

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
I appreciate everyone sharing their findings & recipes (successes & failures), no matter what format they are in. Hell, I don't care if they are in Morse Code. I'll figure out how to input them into my favored recipes, calculator, or notes.

I've learned a lot here. Keep 'em coming.

SailCat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2009
Beaverton, OR
www.SailCat.com
Those "pictures" from another website are actually screenshots of the eLiquid calculator that the members wrote out themselves to share their recipes. We're very lucky to have this forum, especially this thread to help each other out with flavoring percentages and flavor profiles ect. So, when we see someone C&P from a website, that's actually their trial and errors they're sharing with us.

I never meant to offend in stating a preference. Yes, this website is a blessing as it was catalyst to my own conversion when I joined in mid-2009 as sources were scarce then.

If you'll re-read the post about which you're complaining, however, my humble preference was for a text version rather than a picture. In referring to a website, I was thinking of those such as e-liquid recipes from whence users post their own creations as a screen cap. I considered mentioning pics from calculators but thought that was a given. I also consider just lifting a third party recipe from another website of minimum value in furthering the creativity of the DIY community here, as do you. I also have a great deal of admiration for anyone able to craft a combination of flavorings worthy of sharing. While I've been vaping a while, I've only been mixing for about a year and have yet to put together something I feel is worthy of sharing (but I'm getting closer).

Short of collecting jpegs of others' creations, I was just suggesting that creators put forth the minimum effort of writing out their recipes which would make it simple for others to format, try, enjoy and comment here about them.

Once again sincere apologies for the butthurt. :)

Reactions: Slots

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I don't think you offended anyone and I understand your preference. In my own humble opinion the fact that someone is willing to share a recipe is in itself a great contribution. I don't care if it's a C&P, written out long hand or sent to me snail mail. I'm always thankful for there effort.

Last edited:

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Combo.jpg
Here is one I really like. I used all my HS flavors to see what I'd get, and it's not bad at all. I'm not good at describing these things, but it has a slight nuttiness to it.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
View attachment 525224 Here is one I really like. I used all my HS flavors to see what I'd get, and it's not bad at all. I'm not good at describing these things, but it has a slight nuttiness to it.

the highway and desert ship gave it that nuttyness.

Reactions: oplholik

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey

Yiana

Ultra Member
Nov 20, 2015
Planet Earth
Not offended, just saying that that IS us writing them out. I don't get much simpler than that eLiquid calc.

Here's the link if you never tried it :)

http://..................../

Shoot, won't let me post the link....

it's e - liquid -recipes .com

I really like that site.

Reactions: Detroit Doug

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I was lucky to receive a lot of hangsen pre-made to try. Thanks @awsum140 & @brianc11111. I will post a review of each new flavor. And a comparison of the percentage on the couple I have concentrates of. As to the pre-made %.

Trying hangsen CH right now. The chesterfield flavor.

First off has an almost rum alcohol taste, sweetness like a rum, with a background of a USA red.

I would put it in a category with USA red or Arabic. One the coloring is similar, golden brown. Two the strength of flavor is high. Three it also has a similar tobacco taste as the USA red. Picking up ash on the exhale. It may also have some background similarities to Arabic as the rum taste was my first impression on that to. (which went away with proper % and steeping, but ch is pre-made and well steeped, so it has more of that note.)

I will say CH has a much stronger alcohol taste. A hint of the sensation on the tip of the tongue of taking a shot of rum at inhale. Not a bad alcohol I don't think, like alcohol flavorings have, but the taste of a rum.

The first impression is usually not the same as a few tries with the flavor.. I would put this in the 50/50 category. Would be able to vape it all day occasionally, if I had to, but not loving it. Sweetness and rum not for me regularly.

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Today in trying some HS mild blend. Lung hits, 40w

Wierd touch of something on inhale, soft fruit maybe, very slight sweetness, not sure. Tastes A Lot like a cigarette on exhale. Like that filter taste you get, with a light smoky ash finish. Maybe a little roasted.

That's all I got so far. It's vapable for sure. Maybe too much like a cig for me anymore.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
DE tobacco or Davidoff tasting today. It's not bad at all. I'm not great at describing or picking out flavors. But I can say it reminds me of TU or turbosmog. I pick up a similar note. The DE color is translucent redish brown tobacco leaf color. TU is black The TU has more of a liquorice taste to it though, and stronger.

DE is a pleasant, slightly sweet smooth vape. I can probably vape this all day with no problem. Nice change up. (edit, the after taste gets to me after a while)

Leaves a familiar after taste, don't know what that is though. bit of a liquorice type taste, but not really. Not overpowering. Maybe like the red liquorice not the black. ? I'm going out on a limb and say I think I taste a slight bit of the Indian taste. Maybe, but it's far in the background.

I more so believe the factory flavors are mixed @ 3.3% flavoring.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread