Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I just looked up Sally Beauty Supply and found one locally. It was $12.99 or something like that, for a box with 500 ft in it. You can order it online as well. Be careful though, the Cellucotton comes in 100% Rayon and 100% cotton. The boxes look almost identical.
What's the cotton like? Anyone tried that?

Reactions: JD1 and Slots

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
I've decided to go on a Hangsen cig-a-like spree. Got a few new concentrates from BCV to help me out:

PE tobacco
SE tobacco
Congress
Flue Cured
Instrument
Red USA mix

Doing my research on these, but, if anyone has an opinion on any of these they've tried.....throw it out there, I'm all ears! :)

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
I love R.USA and Flue Cured. Sorry you bought instrument too. :(

The HS Instrument (Drum) kinda reminds me of INW Gold for Pipe when I smell and taste of from the bottle; haven't mixed it yet. I'm getting a bright Virginia note? On the right track?

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
@Mattdogg - thank you so much for the Caterpillar Vapes idea - I use 5% of most already made e-liquids to make my DIY juices. :confused: Took me a good long while to figure out what I did not like because of it. :laugh: I already have 10 Hangsens saved to my Wish List. :nun: Hopefully I will like at least 3 of them. :toast:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I've decided to go on a Hangsen cig-a-like spree. Got a few new concentrates from BCV to help me out:

PE Tobacco
SE Tobacco
Congress
Flue Cured
Instrument
Red USA mix

Doing my research on these, but, if anyone has an opinion on any of these they've tried.....throw it out there, I'm all ears! :)
I haven't tried any of those yet. I had the PE Tobacco in my cart this last time but ultimately went with an SC flavor. I couldn't find much info on it except it's supposed to be Hangsen's take on Peter Stuyvesant cigaretts (sometimes called stuyves). I'm looking forward to your review, especially how strong at around 4 percent or so.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I haven't tried the cotton but you'd have to separate the cotton out to make a wick, and I'd think that a bag of those large Swisspers cotton balls like you can pick up at Walmarts would be better and cheaper as well.

When it comes to cotton though, I really like the Japanese facial pads. They cost a little more than cotton balls, but you can cut them into strips and they wick really well.

Last edited:

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago
The HS Instrument (Drum) kinda reminds me of INW Gold for Pipe when I smell and taste of from the bottle; haven't mixed it yet. I'm getting a bright Virginia note? On the right track?

If you're getting some sort of tobacco out of it, more power to you :) I guess my expectations for that one were a bit different. A couple years back, Mister E Liquid had this delicious RYO tobacco that smelled and tasted like opening a pouch of Drum, I figured Instrument had to be the flavor. It was not. :D To be honest, the taste test threw me off of it a bit. If you mix it up, let me know what you think. I'm on a "new flavor break" for the time being so I may get to it, have a lot of flavors that I need to revisit. Is it sad that I have more flavorings than actual empty bottles? :laugh:

Edit: I just tasted the Virginia and Insturment side by side, they definintely resemble each other. The instrument however is slightly sweeter and.....sharper? Both are in the "grassy" column for sure.

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago
@Mattdogg - thank you so much for the Caterpillar Vapes idea - I use 5% of most already made e-liquids to make my DIY juices. :confused: Took me a good long while to figure out what I did not like because of it. :laugh: I already have 10 Hangsens saved to my Wish List. :nun: Hopefully I will like at least 3 of them. :toast:

3 out of 10 is a good day for me! Hope so. You might like more than that as I seem to be turning into the resident tobacco snob around here :) (sorry guys) :oops:

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA

PE Tobacco
SE Tobacco
Congress
Flue Cured
Instrument
Red USA mix

Have you tried Turkish? It's always in my rotation. I've grown quite fond of it. Tastes pretty much like a fresh pack of Camels smells when you open it. I mix with and without 1.5% AP. The added nut from the AP makes a really nice pairing but I like it standalone too.

Desert Ship remains my all time favorite HS tobacco. I don't think I will ever grow tired of it. I use my other HS tobaccos as a palate cleanser in between 30ml DS binges. lol .

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
I'm on a "new flavor break" for the time being

Know what you mean; this latest round of tobaccos will hold me for a while. I haven't counted all of the tobaccos I have in my stash in a while, but there's a bunch. Now, I just need to cool my jets and enjoy what I have at hand.

Mattdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Chicago
Know what you mean; this latest round of tobaccos will hold me for a while. I haven't counted all of the tobaccos I have in my stash in a while, but there's a bunch. Now, I just need to cool my jets and enjoy what I have at hand.

Or (like me) suffer through it to save a few bucks! :lol:

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
image.jpeg
Have you tried Turkish? It's always in my rotation. I've grown quite fond of it. Tastes pretty much like a fresh pack of Camels smells when you open it. I mix with and without 1.5% AP. The added nut from the AP makes a really nice pairing but I like it standalone too.

Desert Ship remains my all time favorite HS tobacco. I don't think I will ever grow tired of it. I use my other HS tobaccos as a palate cleanser in between 30ml DS binges. lol .

Yep.....both of those are very tasty. I think the above recipe is one of my favs for the Desert Ship; simple, but very good.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
View attachment 546391

Yep.....both of those are very tasty. I think the above recipe is one of my favs for the Desert Ship; simple, but very good.

We seem to have similar tastes then...lol

I'm pretty much stuck on DS/Turkish/Indian in a regular rotation but also like Deluxe/Flue Cures/G&S/VA from time to time. But those 4 don't work for ADVs (when I say ADV's I mean like 5+ days in a row straight).

I mixed my wife some Highway w/ 2% HS Vanilla last week and she broke it out last night. I took a couple vapes and loved it. I'm going to mix 1% vanilla in mine. Hers was a little too vanilla heavy for my palate. a year or 2 ago I was addicted to vanilla + tobacco but grew out of it. I might grow back into it for a spell...haha

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I haven't tried the cotton but you'd have to separate the cotton out to make a wick, and I'd think that a bag of those large Swisspers cotton balls like you can pick up at Walmarts would be better and cheaper as well.

When it comes to cotton though, I really like the Japanese facial pads. They cost a little more than cotton balls, but you can cut them into strips and they wick really well.
Yeah, I use those now. Was just wondering about the other.

Reactions: Slots and JD1

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com

I can't tell you about the regular cotton version but the rayon fiber version is a fine stranded type of rayon which is much more absorbent then regular cotton fiber and has no off taste like regular cotton. This does not have to be soaked or rinsed before using and my wicks seem to stay cleaner longer with it. There is a huge improvement in taste in my vapes since switching to it from regular cotton. The cotton version I would assume is the regular drug store cotton version that we are all familure with.

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
I am going to ask a question in here that may be weird but please bear with me - OK? I can use 5% of a ready made e-liquid to make my own juice. That being said I tried to find some recent reviews of a couple of Hangsen tobaccos that I can not get in a concentrated version. Hopefully someone in this thread has tried them - Hotel (Hillington) and Smooth (Silky). I am going to order them from Caterpillar Vapes next month. Thank You for your time.;)

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Ran myself dry of mixed Arabic :eek:

So I've got some Cohiba at 4% that's been shelved for 3-4 months..

It's pretty darn good, at first didn't taste it much, after an hour started picking up the cigar paper, and now it really is very close to a cigar. The mouth feel is all there, get that tingle, tastes like a Cohiba I think or cigar paper. Getting decent th right now too. Definite cigar taste. The after taste is pleasant, not a strong after taste but slight cigar taste.

You've got to give it half a day before you make up your mind on it. Like many hangsens imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread