Not open for further replies.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Ok, just gave the RY1, and Highway a try. Not getting much out of it at this time, seems like I'm vaping unflavored nic,so will let it set for a week and see how it is.

Did you follow the previous recipe of 3% RY1 and 2% Highway that I posted earlier in the thread for Detroit Doug. That recipe was formulated for that particular OP's taste which may be to light for you. What do you usually vape hangsen at?

For my taste I would do something like
3% ry1 4% Highway 2% chocolate.

Detroit Doug

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Detroit
Did you follow the previous recipe of 3% RY1 and 2% Highway that I posted earlier in the thread for Detroit Doug. That recipe was formulated for that particular OP's taste which may be to light for you. What do you usually vape hangsen at?

For my taste I would do something like
3% ry1 4% Highway 2% chocolate.

My RY 1 & Highway combo was tank mixed, from single flavor mixes (ea 5%), that had 3 or 4 months steep time under their belts.

I just did 3 parts RY 1 and 2 parts Highway.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I went to 4% Highway, and 5% RY1, and it has set for 10 days now. Yeah, it's starting to get good. As a matter of fact, I loaded an RTA and started using it. :)

10 days may still be a bit early but flavor will only improve from here on out.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hangsen Highway for me is a good flavor to keep around. 5% is my usual mix strength.

Anyone have a good multiple flavor mix for Hangsen Tobacco Blended? By itself it's a weak tobacco flavor for me. It used to be my favorite from Madvapes. Apparently they add some additional components to their vendor mix version. HS RY4 is the same way ... weak flavor. I mix both at 7%.

I've learned to be stingy with AP in my tobacco mixes. 1% after steeping turned out to be way too much for my tastes. I'm more likely to stay at the .5% range.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Highway will be the next one I'm gonna try, so I'll keep my eye on what you do with yours Dave.

Right now I'm working with Arabic HS and am almost there, I think. I'm using it at 3% (after testing, up from .5%) with 1.75% FA Flash and am liking it but, I wonder If I should go up even more on the Arabic as I don't know what everyone else uses it at for themselves on average, right now I have it in a 50/50 mix and planning on going to a 60/40 or even a 70/30 PG mix to see if that will change it so I get a bit more of that sweetness from the Arabic, which I really like.

Reactions: JD1 and DaveP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I totally agree on the AP. It seems to get stronger with time. It can completely take over a good tobacco recipe. I might phase it out altogether.

AP can very easily take over a juice and turn it into corn chips. I enjoyed my AP till I got sick of the taste. I just add @.5% into 20mls and enjoy it for a short time. I don't put it into a larger mix to steep but in random feel-like-it times into a jug.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
AP can very easily take over a juice and turn it into corn chips. I enjoyed my AP till I got sick of the taste. I just add @.5% into 20mls and enjoy it for a short time. I don't put it into a larger mix to steep but in random feel-like-it times into a jug.

I've dropped from 1% down to .5% and lower with AP when I use it. It seems to grow in strength with extended steeping, so I just add a few drops to 50ml and adjust over time as needed.

Lately, I've been doing small batches of 10ml and 15ml to test new juices. I always make 200ml of unflavored juice when I DIY and those are my unflavored vape as well as a nic/pg/vg mix to test new flavors.

I've greatly reduced my throwaway mistakes! If I don't like the 10ml batch I don't take it to the 50ml level. 10ml is enough for a couple of full tanks over time and that's about the point where I decide whether I like it or not.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
I've learned to be stingy with AP in my tobacco mixes. 1% after steeping turned out to be way too much for my tastes. I'm more likely to stay at the .5% range.
I took some of my AP and put it in another bottle .. I then diluted it by half.
I found it's a lot easier to work with, but I still have the full strength if I need it.:blush:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Hangsen Highway for me is a good flavor to keep around. 5% is my usual mix strength.

Anyone have a good multiple flavor mix for Hangsen Tobacco Blended? By itself it's a weak tobacco flavor for me. It used to be my favorite from Madvapes. Apparently they add some additional components to their vendor mix version. HS RY4 is the same way ... weak flavor. I mix both at 7%.

I usually use either SC Real Cig or Cigar to bump up my weaker Hangsen flavors. Of the Hangsens I've tried, Highway and Arabic are the only ones that are stout enough to suit me. But for example, Hangsen Ry1 at 4% and SC Real Cig at 2% is a great Marl type mix, for my buds anyway.

Edit to add: Also, Rustica TA works really well with some of the Hangsen flavors. Again, imo, ymmv, etc. :vapor:

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I usually use either SC Real Cig or Cigar to bump up my weaker Hangsen flavors. Of the Hangsens I've tried, Highway and Arabic are the only ones that are stout enough to suit me. But for example, Hangsen Ry1 at 4% and SC Real Cig at 2% is a great Marl type mix, for my buds anyway.

Edit to add: Also, Rustica TA works really well with some of the Hangsen flavors. Again, imo, ymmv, etc. :vapor:

HS Highway and FA Virginia are frequent flavors I make in a DIY batch. I'll have to try SC Real Cig.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I took some of my AP and put it in another bottle .. I then diluted it by half.
I found it's a lot easier to work with, but I still have the full strength if I need it.:blush:

I probably need to do that, too. Mine is so thick that it's hard to shake it enough to break it up into something that drips easily. It's a 10% solution from MFS, so 5% would be about right.

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
I know this thread's Re. DIY but do any of You guys know (or can take an educated guess thru' experience...!) what % of flavouring is used in Hangsen pre-mixed juices?
I ask 'cos I could n't resist getting a few (11!!) from a Dealer over here heavily discounting as the TPD gets close!
I've really bought them in order to mix down/mix with NETs....They're 18 & 24mg. (I vape at 6 now..)
I'm ok with getting from 18/24 down to 6mg. via a calculator but will I be diluting the flavour too much?
I'm encouraged by posts on here quoting 3/5/7% flavour in Their mixes as 5% is what I use when I mix using BCL (a UK Brand), but if HS themselves are tipping in only 5%, My final juice is gonna be weak...even for Me!
TIA!

Reactions: Slots

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I know this thread's Re. DIY but do any of You guys know (or can take an educated guess thru' experience...!) what % of flavouring is used in Hangsen pre-mixed juices?
I ask 'cos I could n't resist getting a few (11!!) from a Dealer over here heavily discounting as the TPD gets close!
I've really bought them in order to mix down/mix with NETs....They're 18 & 24mg. (I vape at 6 now..)
I'm ok with getting from 18/24 down to 6mg. via a calculator but will I be diluting the flavour too much?
I'm encouraged by posts on here quoting 3/5/7% flavour in Their mixes as 5% is what I use when I mix using BCL (a UK Brand), but if HS themselves are tipping in only 5%, My final juice is gonna be weak...even for Me!
TIA!

Flavor concentrations vary wildly among flavor makers. Flavourart and other brands can be in the 1% to 2% recommended range. Within those same brands there will be less concentrated flavors. The best way to figure out the percentage to use is to google the maker and flavor and judge from the recommended percentages where you should start.

Most Hangsens should start at 5% to 7% with a few exceptions. Flavourart flavors vary somewhat, but 2% is common. Search in DIY here on ECF for the vendor name and keyword "percent" and you'll find long lists of flavors and percentages in threads. It's convenient to print those and stick them in your DIY box for reference.

Before starting DIY I ordered my Hangsen juice from Madvapes. I have no idea what their final recipe was, but it made me really like Hangsen juices. They were clean with no chemical aftertaste. Flavorings were used moderately to create something that matched my taste. The color of the juices I got from Madvapes was about the shade I get from my Hangsen DIY flavors, so I'm doing similar percentages from lists here on ECF.

So when I started DIY my first flavors were Hangsen. Then I branched out into several other flavor makers and discovered a whole new world.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I just got thru shopping at BullCity and picked up some Highway, Desert Ship, RY1, and some AP. I have my Arabic at 4% and things have really picked up with that one, Love it in a 60/40 PG mix with 1.7% FA Flash. Gonna try some others now to see if I like them as well. I've been reading some back posts and will try some of Ya'lls recipes just to get me going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread