The Innokin iTaste VV V3 owners group

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I bought two more iTaste V3s (pearl white & plain black) to replace my old and dying V3s (silver & chameleon). They were on sale domestically for about $17 a pop, which is less than what they are available for from China right now. I don't need the longer length and feature list of the V4 - which I still feel is way too pricey for what the device is overall. I have and like an istick 30W as well, but find I still use my V3s very frequently, so I bit the bullet and got some more. I'll probably get another chameleon one as well. The plastic finish V3s seem to provide a better grip than the metal finished ones - which I find to be just a bit to slick and slippery for my tastes. I don't plan on getting another istick 30W - though I like that its overall length is less than the V3 or V4, and its much higher charge capacity is nice too, but for everyday use it is just a bit too bulky for me. A shorter but fatter equivalent of the iTaste V3 would be nice, but the sub-ohm craze may keep a device like that at bay indefinitely.

I tried the RTA and sub-ohm thing. It just wasn't for me. I'm cool with a decent eGo clearomizer topper. So far I keep coming back to the 2.1 ohm iClear 16 as my preferred clearomizer after trying just about everything currently out there. Heck, even the old T2 isn't bad, and the older Aspire BDC clearomizers are alright too - when the replacement heads are working right. I've spent way too much as it is in experimenting with new equipment, and now I just want to pleasantly vape what works for me without disappointment. Even an old 650mah eGo battery works fine for me (though I do prefer a variable voltage/wattage device). I always have several 650mah eGo batteries on me as easily portable backups. They work just fine, and the size is hard to beat just for running a fairly standard clearomizer on. I don't find the oversized, complicated, high power and high heat stuff enjoyable to run at all, though I can certainly see and understand the attraction to at least some of that gear. We could use the equivalent of a better V3, not a longer and more powerful V4, V5, etc. Am I strange in thinking this way?

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I would say no, you're not at all. Lately, with a few of the newer mods at my disposal, I have been returning to the V3 fold. It's so light in weight, so thin, and great hand feel. The portability can't be beat. A lot of the newer, even itty bitty mods, are HEAVY. When I'm home, and don't mind heavy, I'll always opt for my Provari and my EPM rather than pick up an iStick or the like.

billy, you're a true Tootle Puffer. You know where to find us. ;)

Reactions: gnees

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
and now I just want to pleasantly vape what works for me without disappointment. Even an old 650mah eGo battery works fine for me (though I do prefer a variable voltage/wattage device). I always have several 650mah eGo batteries on me as easily portable backups. They work just fine, and the size is hard to beat just for running a fairly standard clearomizer on. I don't find the oversized, complicated, high power and high heat stuff enjoyable to run at all, though I can certainly see and understand the attraction to at least some of that gear. We could use the equivalent of a better V3, not a longer and more powerful V4, V5, etc. Am I strange in thinking this way?

And that, to me, is also what vaping is all about - a pleasant vape and no smoking!

Happened to "be" at MFS stocking up some nic when that deal came through, so picked up a couple as well... re-build all my bottom coils to 1.7ish, and they perform quite nicely within the power specs of the VV3 and similar adjustables. And, while I do really like replaceable battery mods and Kayfuns (all built to 1.7 as well), I never go out without at least two freshly charged devices with full toppers - insurance and flavor change - and one of them is likely to be a VV3.

(But personally, I don't have anything fixed voltage anymore. Even my vape-apocalypse mechs have Kicks....)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
(But personally, I don't have anything fixed voltage anymore. Even my vape-apocalypse mechs have Kicks....)

Same here -- and I picked up 3 more Kicks as spares/insurance in that great sale at Hoosierecigs. :thumb: Paid $17.95 for my first Kick; $12.95 for my second... and $8 each for the 3 new ones! :D :thumb:

Andria

Reactions: DavidOck

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
:bday: to you,

:bday: to you. :)

:bday: little iTazte...

:bday: to you!

20150531_130547.jpg

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
My VV V3 sits ignored. Just doesn't make the vapor I want...maybe time to PIF it.

They're great for utility mods... dry-burning, ohm checking, etc...

They actually *will* check (and fire!) coils down to .7Ω ... they just don't last very long at that low a resistance, hence, great for utility mods.

But all mine are having that problem with the battery post getting pushed down, with anything I put on them, so lately I've been using my sigelei zmax more as a utility mod. Tired of popping that post back out.

Andria

Reactions: gerrymi

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
They're great for utility mods... dry-burning, ohm checking, etc...

They actually *will* check (and fire!) coils down to .7Ω ... they just don't last very long at that low a resistance, hence, great for utility mods.

But all mine are having that problem with the battery post getting pushed down, with anything I put on them, so lately I've been using my sigelei zmax more as a utility mod. Tired of popping that post back out.

Andria

.7ohms? People still vape that high? LOL

PennyLynn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2014
Rockledge, FL, USA
I guess my "ooh, shiny" gene just doesn't kick in here. It does get exercised with my lifelong hobby of sewing, though...fabrics and supplies sing to me and a person could get seriously injured walking into my sewing room!
I just returned from a two-week trip to New York, and my itastes served me very well. I was actually dismayed at how many smokers I saw, and how few vapers. I actually used my little vv3 discretely all over the place (even sneaked a puff or three in the very empty plane I flew home in).
Best part of it all was not stinking up my sister's apartment!

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
But all mine are having that problem with the battery post getting pushed down, with anything I put on them. Tired of popping that post back out.

Probably been mentioned (243 times?)...but these (spring-loaded) have made my VV V3's much more user friendly (no more looking for a screwdriver/paperclip):

510 to eGo Adapter with Well

Reactions: DavidOck

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
Hey all - Just wanted to pass on a little tip. I've had the vv3 and now a couple
vv4's, the the vv4's were occasionally (not always) getting hot at the bottom.
Welp googling in the past didn't find out much but tonite eureka I solved it
and I'll pass along the tip just in case anyone else runs into this. On the vv4's
back (the opposite side of the display), there is an etched innokin logo, and
that doesn't look like it but it is the vent for the batt. If you cover that up
those puppies will get pretty warm. Make sure to keep that set so it
can get proper ventilation. Cheers!

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
Hey all - Just wanted to pass on a little tip. I've had the vv3 and now a couple
vv4's, the the vv4's were occasionally (not always) getting hot at the bottom.
Welp googling in the past didn't find out much but tonite eureka I solved it
and I'll pass along the tip just in case anyone else runs into this. On the vv4's
back (the opposite side of the display), there is an etched innokin logo, and
that doesn't look like it but it is the vent for the batt. If you cover that up
those puppies will get pretty warm. Make sure to keep that set so it
can get proper ventilation. Cheers!

How are the vv4s holding up in general for you? I have a v3 and are thinking about getting a v4. I drip with a 510 atty and also want get a better tank. .but want to make sure i get a compatible couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread