The Innokin iTaste VV V3 owners group

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes

Yeah, my very first one was bad, only charged to 3.7. Great time for a no hassle quick return. Replacements lasted several month tho until they both started to auto-fire.
    Sure beat our old egos tho.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    Watertown, NY
    UPDATE: Okay, so I plugged in my new Forest Vine iTaste VV V3 and it did charge. Fully! Didn't take all that long (in the grand scheme of things) really. I gave it a test spin last night and it's working flawlessly. Not draining too fast. No jumpy connections or "auto fires". It seems to read my ohms and volts/watts accurately. Just a sweet little vape! So glad to have another of the Forest Vine ones. I love that pattern! I use the iTaste VV V3s for my going out and about and to vape in bed while reading, mostly. Use the box type mods for at home around the house.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    I just got my Nature Edition iTaste VV V3 Forest Vine today. Came dead as a doornail! haha! I decided to plug it in anyway and see if anything lit up. Nope. Nada. But I left it plugged in..just because. About a full minute later the red light came on. Guess it's gonna charge now! Hope it'll work when/if it does get fully charged!

Yaay! I'm so glad to hear it worked! Love my green vines. Welp, you know that already. :lol:

Good to hear! Yeah, I broke out one of my old 3.7v Riva 650's the other day and the pen style is so small and light.

What? RIVA? Oh mem'ries. That was abstolutely one of my faves. I just kept buying them and buying them and buying them. I still have an "expired" one in the drawer....... cuz I still feel such fondness for it.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    I just got my Nature Edition iTaste VV V3 Forest Vine today. Came dead as a doornail! haha! I decided to plug it in anyway and see if anything lit up. Nope. Nada. But I left it plugged in..just because. About a full minute later the red light came on. Guess it's gonna charge now! Hope it'll work when/if it does get fully charged!

Quite interesting 4throk...that's exactly how my "Silver Shell" arrived..."DOA".

I had purchased (yet another) pair of them and figured..."Oh well...no sweat...$30 (for 2) is what I paid awhile back for 1"...

But I decided it wouldn't hurt to plug it in => NOTHING => then after 1-2 minutes => red light => ended up charging fully.

Has been in my rotation for 2 weeks...working normally...:thumbs:

Innokin iTaste VV 3.0 Express Kit Nature Edition (acrylic box) - Best Price & Reviews

glointhedark

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 5, 2013
    Antelope, CA, USA
    I am thinking about getting my daughter the vv3. From reading the first few pages of this thread, I gather that it is 510/Ego threaded, and will work with our Evod Glass tanks with no adapter. Is this correct? I have checked 2 sites so far: Mt. Baker Vapor says it is 510/Ego threaded; My Vapor Store only mentions 510 threading.

In addition, what color exactly is the Chameleon? In the picture on the My Vapor Store site, it just looks like a plain black battery with some grey here and there.

Thanks for any help and/or advice anyone can give me.

Reactions: fourthrok

corn flakes

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2014
    Brant County Canada
    I am thinking about getting my daughter the vv3. From reading the first few pages of this thread, I gather that it is 510/Ego threaded, and will work with our Evod Glass tanks with no adapter. Is this correct? I have checked 2 sites so far: Mt. Baker Vapor says it is 510/Ego threaded; My Vapor Store only mentions 510 threading.

In addition, what color exactly is the Chameleon? In the picture on the My Vapor Store site, it just looks like a plain black battery with some grey here and there.

Thanks for any help and/or advice anyone can give me.

They are 510 ego threaded.

the Chameleon is mostly black with a bit of green mixed it that shows in the sun.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    I am thinking about getting my daughter the vv3. From reading the first few pages of this thread, I gather that it is 510/Ego threaded, and will work with our Evod Glass tanks with no adapter. Is this correct? I have checked 2 sites so far: Mt. Baker Vapor says it is 510/Ego threaded; My Vapor Store only mentions 510 threadin

Her 510-threaded tanks will fit the "inner threads" on the VV3. Her Ego-threaded tanks will fit the "outer threads" on the VV3.

Best VV3 prices I'm aware of...

Little itty bitty mods under $100.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    Watertown, NY
    I went ahead and ordered another green Forest Vine! I like to have these for when I'm away from the house...I carry a couple of them in my purse. I love the Forest Vine. Would love a box mod with that pattern! Hey Innokin...ever think of doing that? I'd be first in line to get one (put it on the CF4, maybe?)

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
    Jan 10, 2015
    Kent - United Kingdom
    Back in 2013 I bought a total of six VV3, they were (and still are) a perfect balance between size and functionality. More important, I like their shape and look. Two vv3 ended in the sink soon after I bought them and they were damaged by water beyond repair. The other four lived until the battery inside gave up of old age, after six months of fairly heavy usage. Basically, the voltage was jumping -while on charge- from 3.6 volt to 4.2 in few seconds. Last week I was cleaning up and found the four old vv3. On two of them, I was able to remove the rivets and had access to the internals. It was rather easy to replace the battery, using as spares the cells from 650 mAh eGo batteries. So I now have two"new" vv3, they works in excellent manner. What killed them at the time was using them "vape while charging", it seems that over-stress the battery, so I'm avoiding that. Very nice piece of vape gear to enjoy.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
    Jan 10, 2015
    Kent - United Kingdom
    Yes, the vv3 were designed and built with generic programmable microcontrollers, before the wave of vape-specific microprocessors -used by Provape, eLeaf and all others - soon after. They were overwhelmed by the task at hand, by use of resource-intensive NMI calls, the MVP2 even more than the vv3. It is more for the hobby side of vaping rather than the "need" of an old style APV, that drove me to spend one afternoon in my lab to "resuscitate" an old vv3...

Reactions: Katdarling

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Yes, the vv3 were designed and built with generic programmable microcontrollers, before the wave of vape-specific microprocessors -used by Provape, eLeaf and all others - soon after. They were overwhelmed by the task at hand, by use of resource-intensive NMI calls, the MVP2 even more than the vv3. It is more for the hobby side of vaping rather than the "need" of an old style APV, that drove me to spend one afternoon in my lab to "resuscitate" an old vv3...

Soooo you put a Provape style chip in a VV3?

Reactions: Katdarling

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia

I think that's just ever so cool that you did your afternoon resusitation for the vv3! Ray, what is resource-intensive NMI?

Soooo you put a Provape style chip in a VV3?

Ahhh, the dream...

Two of my (several) 'Taztes go out with me daily, without fail. Are they back up back ups? Yes, but they live in my purse, and I would not be without them. They've been flawless since day 1, and I'm always conscious and appreciative of that factoid.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread