The Innokin iTaste VV V3 owners group

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
Well...bc96...I think it may depend how many mods one has in their "rotation"...

When I started vaping and had one mod...it would have seldom shut off automatically.

But now...after 2+ years and slowly adding different Mods to try...I have 7 Mods in my "active rotation" and suspect I'd have to "six-click" it every time I picked it up... :shock:

Yeah, that sounds annoying. But 6 or 7 devices in rotation, all at the same time, really? I mean, jeez, make up your mind on what you want to use already!

Reactions: Burnie

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I have at least that many going all the time. All have different flavors.

For me, that's one of the nicest things about vaping - I CAN have different flavors, I'm not locked into the one brand I used to smoke.

Don't eat the same food all day, every day, either... and don't think I'd want to! ;)

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
yeah baby -

I might have 3 to 6 devices up and running in front of me (or sitting around)

different juices ~ different coil wire ~ wick materials

Ω's ranges ~ tank styles ~ air flow ~ power outputs -- it's never ending, and I like it...

can't have caviar & wine EVERY meal (pizza & beer really) (maybe even oatmeal and bottled water)

:evil: :rickroll: :evil:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Well...bc96...I think it may depend how many Mods one has in their "rotation"...

When I started vaping and had one Mod...it would have seldom shut off automatically.

But now...after 2+ years and slowly adding different Mods to try...I have 7 Mods in my "active rotation" and suspect I'd have to "six-click" it every time I picked it up... :shock:

I have at least that many going all the time. All have different flavors.

For me, that's one of the nicest things about vaping - I CAN have different flavors, I'm not locked into the one brand I used to smoke.

Don't eat the same food all day, every day, either... and don't think I'd want to! ;)

yeah baby -

I might have 3 to 6 devices up and running in front of me (or sitting around)

different juices ~ different coil wire ~ wick materials

Ω's ranges ~ tank styles ~ air flow ~ power outputs -- it's never ending, and I like it...

can't have caviar & wine EVERY meal (pizza & beer really) (maybe even oatmeal and bottled water)

:evil: :rickroll: :evil:

I run a minimum of 5 each day. I have 12 different flavors in rotation.
When "WE" Smoked "WE" Smoked one brand of Cigarette (or at least most of us did), and I see no reason to have so many different tanks and flavors, one does nicely for me for an ADV. I do every now and again try something different, but it is not often. I vape to not smoke, not to vape every flavor in the rainbow. JMHO

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
When "WE" Smoked "WE" Smoked one brand of Cigarette (or at least most of us did), and I see no reason to have so many different tanks and flavors, one does nicely for me for an ADV. I do every now and again try something different, but it is not often. I vape to not smoke, not to vape every flavor in the rainbow. JMHO

I guess I kinda get vapors tongue so I need to make a switch now and again

but mostly I think it is just PLAYIN' with different builds and set-ups
that makes me have & keep several around and running...

:)

upload_2016-3-6_23-25-16.png

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

And that's fine :)
And I prefer the ability to change flavors at will. I like the options I didn't have as a smoker.
And that's fine, too :)

The important part is that we're both EXsmokers, not how we got here. Different strokes, eh?

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
At most, I run one or two devices, two or three toppers, and maybe 2 flavors max on any given day. Most days it's just one device, one topper and one ADV flavor (albeit maybe a mix). I enjoy vaping (like I did smoking), but so many devices and flavors sounds like too much work to keep up with for me! (Which is why I probably hardly ever wrap and wick my own coils anymore.) More power to the rest of you though if you are enjoying whatever else you're doing. Vape on.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
So I am needing help to spend my (non-existent) money. I haven't been around much lately do to various incursions of real life, and having come to the conclusion that the VV v3 and 4 are my ideal APVs and Davides my favorite toppers for my tootle puffing needs, so there's no need to keep up with the latest and greatest.

But I am now sitting here using what may be my last two VV V3s. :grr: I had two die a while back, one of old age (2+ years on a disposable device isn't bad) and another from Sudden Electronic Death Syndrome - I was using it, then between puffs it just quit. No problems before that, not turned off, looks like it is taking a charge but the light never went off and no increase in the amount remaining, wouldn't work with any of my toppers.

So, no problem, I had backups (a special call out to our own KatDarling who had found and sent to me a green vine nature edition - just because she knew mine had died and I loved it) so I just pulled out my backups and vaped on. All the while realizing that these are my my very favorites - the square shape, the easy to push button and the light weight just work best for my dysfunctional hands and tootle puffer tastes. So I kind of had it in mind to get some more once heating season was over, and had done some casual looking around.

Then, this afternoon I had an incident involving a swing away chair table full of electronics, a pushy cat and a full glass of water. :eek: I'm pretty sure that the VV4 is shot - it went immediately to blinking green-yellow-red and couldn't even be shut off. The two VV3s I was using didn't show any problems despite being wet, so I immediately turned them off, and all three VVs are now sitting in a rice bed ICU, along with my very favorite trackball, bought as an Amazon lightning deal or I could never have afforded it. At least the laptop itself came through okay.

The cat is still alive and glaring at me because she also got soaking wet, and I'm about done swearing, :censored: at least until everything comes out of the rice, but I'm now vaping on the backups to my backups. So if anyone knows of any other deals like the one David Ock posted (and which is still available, but knowing my luck lately will be gone by next Wednesday when I'll have money again) I'd sure appreciate knowing. Most of the places I've found that still carry them sure haven't reduced the price because they are old tech.

Just an FYI for those looking.

VV3 for $9.99

Link is to black, they may have others.

Innokin iTaste V3 VV/VW Express Kit Black: Vapor Bank - Evansville, Indiana E-Cigarette Store

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
So I am needing help to spend my (non-existent) money.
So if anyone knows of any other deals like the one David Ock posted (and which is still available, but knowing my luck lately will be gone by next Wednesday when I'll have money again) I'd sure appreciate knowing. Most of the places I've found that still carry them sure haven't reduced the price because they are old tech.

bummer, sorry to hear of your plight...

wondering if you have seen the hot deal everybody is talkin about (old school)

- Specials of the week

just in case you're interested and are not aware...

:)

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
So I am needing help to spend my (non-existent) money. I haven't been around much lately do to various incursions of real life, and having come to the conclusion that the VV v3 and 4 are my ideal APVs and Davides my favorite toppers for my tootle puffing needs, so there's no need to keep up with the latest and greatest.

But I am now sitting here using what may be my last two VV V3s. :grr: I had two die a while back, one of old age (2+ years on a disposable device isn't bad) and another from Sudden Electronic Death Syndrome - I was using it, then between puffs it just quit. No problems before that, not turned off, looks like it is taking a charge but the light never went off and no increase in the amount remaining, wouldn't work with any of my toppers.

So, no problem, I had backups (a special call out to our own KatDarling who had found and sent to me a green vine nature edition - just because she knew mine had died and I loved it) so I just pulled out my backups and vaped on. All the while realizing that these are my my very favorites - the square shape, the easy to push button and the light weight just work best for my dysfunctional hands and tootle puffer tastes. So I kind of had it in mind to get some more once heating season was over, and had done some casual looking around.

Then, this afternoon I had an incident involving a swing away chair table full of electronics, a pushy cat and a full glass of water. :eek: I'm pretty sure that the VV4 is shot - it went immediately to blinking green-yellow-red and couldn't even be shut off. The two VV3s I was using didn't show any problems despite being wet, so I immediately turned them off, and all three VVs are now sitting in a rice bed ICU, along with my very favorite trackball, bought as an Amazon lightning deal or I could never have afforded it. At least the laptop itself came through okay.

The cat is still alive and glaring at me because she also got soaking wet, and I'm about done swearing, :censored: at least until everything comes out of the rice, but I'm now vaping on the backups to my backups. So if anyone knows of any other deals like the one David Ock posted (and which is still available, but knowing my luck lately will be gone by next Wednesday when I'll have money again) I'd sure appreciate knowing. Most of the places I've found that still carry them sure haven't reduced the price because they are old tech.
I feel your pain. I've been there!

These appear to still be in stock and are $15...VV3 Nature Edition. Maybe this will help? Innokin iTaste VV 3.0 Express Kit Nature Edition (acrylic box) - Best Price & Reviews

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

billybc96

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Reno, Nevada, USA
I dropped a fully loaded V3 in a full tub once. It survived and soldiered on for another year, so there is hope. It sounds like the old V3s are still out there, and at great prices, though maybe not always in the color you happen to prefer. That probably won't last forever, so stocking up on a few when you get a chance might be a good idea.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
I dropped a fully loaded V3 in a full tub once. It survived and soldiered on for another year, so there is hope. It sounds like the old V3s are still out there, and at great prices, though maybe not always in the color you happen to prefer. That probably won't last forever, so stocking up on a few when you get a chance might be a good idea.
That's why I had already been planning to get some more - this just pushed that part of my budget ahead a little. I'm still holding out hope for the v3s once they get done with their trip to the rice spa, but I've never seen anything come out of the red-yellow-green-red...cycle.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
I feel your pain. I've been there!

These appear to still be in stock and are $15...VV3 Nature Edition. Maybe this will help? Innokin iTaste VV 3.0 Express Kit Nature Edition (acrylic box) - Best Price & Reviews

Oh amoret, that sucks!!!!!!! I'm so sorry to hear about the cat and the water incident!!!

Right now, what I'm seeing is the V3 for 14.95

Innokin iTaste VV 3.0 Express Kit Nature Edition (acrylic box) - Best Price & Reviews

Perhaps gerrymi will be able to find some others for you.

I've got that site bookmarked for next week - especially nice that it's the nature series. That and the 9.99 for the black.

There's still some hope for the v3s in the rice pack. Either way, as a followup to a thread a bit ago, I definitely do not like having a limited number of choices. I'm currently "getting by" on two vv3s and an MVP for my three main flavors. I just keep swapping one of the v3s at a time to a charging cable.

Unfortunately I was so smug with my charging hubs and plenty of vv3s to cycle through, that I wore out or gave away my long charging cables. It's a little hard to charge and vape with a 3 ft cable from a hub that's 2 ft away. I could use a USB port on my laptop, but It just doesn't seem right to use my main computer as a charging station.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Just to let give you a glimmer of hope, two falls ago I lost a VV while doing fall clean up on a property. The next spring I found it after having spent the winter bellow our record snow. I charged it up and it worked for another 7 months.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
Rice to the rescue again. One of the VV3s is dead, but that was also one of my oldest ones. The way the V4 had been flashing I didn't expect it to make it, but it did, and the other VV3 is going strong. Of course just to be sure that I have backups for my backups I did order three more Nature Series @ 14.95 each. Innokin iTaste VV 3.0 Express Kit Nature Edition (acrylic box) - Best Price & Reviews
I figure it's an investment, since the VV V3s are my day in, day out devices of choice.

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada
Rice to the rescue again. One of the VV3s is dead, but that was also one of my oldest ones. The way the V4 had been flashing I didn't expect it to make it, but it did, and the other VV3 is going strong. Of course just to be sure that I have backups for my backups I did order three more Nature Series @ 14.95 each. Innokin iTaste VV 3.0 Express Kit Nature Edition (acrylic box) - Best Price & Reviews
I figure it's an investment, since the VV V3s are my day in, day out devices of choice.

Glad it worked out for you. They are my goto device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread