Not open for further replies.

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
Warning:

My Joker's light had quit working again earlier. Just a few minutes ago I took a hit from it with the light not lighting, and after I released the button, it stayed fired up. I noticed the vapor coming out of the tip and took a draw to find it was still lit. I quickly unscrewed the atty and hit the button a few times then the light started working again and it powered off. Lesson learned, don't keep using it if it's not working properly!

Yeah, I would definitely contact whoever you purchased it from and get it sent in for repair as soon as you can. Bummer!

paco

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Chino CA
what!! sorry to hear that tasteles, mine did that this morning, light didnt turn on and No vapor, so i was mad at my self for being so stupid and not changing the batterys, but i found out that the battery cap was a little loose, so i just tighten it and it worked fine, but hope it goes well with the return, i might have to think about it, since the only problem i had was blowing a LR atty,(which they do say not to do) but ill see what happens with mine, theres what like a 90 day return with vaprlife.

SSOD

Mar 23, 2010
Owasso, OK
I'm a little concerned about My Joker. It Killed 5 atty's after one draw on each. It took me 5 attys in a row doing this to give up. (I really wanted it to work) For $169 you think this would be top quality!
MY vaprlife pass thru is awsome ( I vape it at least 8 hrs. a day Mon-Fri. and use it in the car on road trips, and have had it for a while now and have only killed 3-4 attys, and the quality is the best of all the stuff I have.:(

Tasteles

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Ohio, USA
I got a response to my email that I had sent them but I sent it before it stuck on. They told me to email them again when I would be ready to send it in for repair and they will give me an RMA number. I'll wait till I get ready to go home before I send them another emaill about the new problem. They had originally said they thought something was wrong with the LED and I should have no problems using it till I could send it in. But,, I think it's a little bit deeper than that seeing that it's stuck on now. LOL

Last edited:

GrandPoobah

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
Brooklyn, New York
3. i placed a LR atty on mine to SEE the cut off feature, and well it blew my atty and didnt shut off like in the youtube videos??
4. atty connector was all brass color when i got it, now the outside has started to turn sliver? is that normal? inside is still brass color.

Mine wont shut off with an LR either. All the lights go out, but I can hear the atty continue to sizzle. If i let it go any longer, I'm sure it would pop.

After the long weekend, my atty connector is completely silver. It didn't chip off, but rather faded away.

Last edited:

GrandPoobah

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
Brooklyn, New York
I'm a little concerned about My Joker. It Killed 5 atty's after one draw on each. It took me 5 attys in a row doing this to give up. (I really wanted it to work) For $169 you think this would be top quality!
MY vaprlife pass thru is awsome ( I vape it at least 8 hrs. a day Mon-Fri. and use it in the car on road trips, and have had it for a while now and have only killed 3-4 attys, and the quality is the best of all the stuff I have.:(

Wow, thats crazy. Do you have any way of testing the voltage? Even if the proper resistance wasn't there, you'd only be vaping at 6v, or slightly higher. That really shouldn't be popping attys.

If you can check the voltage, I'd love to know.

SSOD

Mar 23, 2010
Owasso, OK
Wow, thats crazy. Do you have any way of testing the voltage? Even if the proper resistance wasn't there, you'd only be vaping at 6v, or slightly higher. That really shouldn't be popping attys.

If you can check the voltage, I'd love to know.

Dont have any of that stuff. I though that I just got in some weak atties but with 2 diffrent brands I just put it down. Shipped it back with an RMA# today... sorry. You would think with just 6V max of battery power that is all you would get. My other 6V and 5V devices never killed an atty's like that. Have a few last only a day but this was wierd!

paco

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Chino CA
Well some wierd things i found out today, so i was shopping around to SEE if i could find these batterys for the joker in stores, and i ended up in a small watch shop ect. type store called battery time, so the guy inside did have the CR123's but after a little talking about charging and what not, he then pulled out his tester to test volts, so one battery gave us 3.27 which is normal, now i asked him to test the joker, so just the joker under no load gave Me 6.52 volts, now my big/main question is:: Is the Joker suppose to give out 5v with no load? or About 5v with an atty? since the atty will drop the volt, if not then that means im vaping at 6+ volts and using the joker without any pertection!!

So sad to think i might be sending in my joker for repair, or maybe even a refund if i can, but first i have to order LR attys for my tornado before i do send anything away.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Well some wierd things i found out today, so i was shopping around to SEE if i could find these batterys for the joker in stores, and i ended up in a small watch shop ect. type store called battery time, so the guy inside did have the CR123's but after a little talking about charging and what not, he then pulled out his tester to test volts, so one battery gave us 3.27 which is normal, now i asked him to test the joker, so just the joker under no load gave Me 6.52 volts, now my big/main question is:: Is the Joker suppose to give out 5v with no load? or About 5v with an atty? since the atty will drop the volt, if not then that means im vaping at 6+ volts and using the joker without any pertection!!

So sad to think i might be sending in my joker for repair, or maybe even a refund if i can, but first i have to order LR attys for my tornado before i do send anything away.

I think the reading are about right for 5v when atty is connected, 6+ volts would be correct without a load.(atty) attached.

Tasteles

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Ohio, USA
There's a thread started at the vaportalk forum about the issues similar to mine, LED not working but still producing vapor. So far I haven't seen anyone talk about theirs being stuck on though. Looks like there's still issues with the unit. If it's bad parts or quality control, I don't know.

I have noticed that my connector has faded some also now, not that much of a big deal to me as it is not working! The big question is, will it last now once it gets fixed again? That's a lot of money for something that's not gonna last long.

paco

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Chino CA
Yes, tell me about it the only reason i got it was cause of the safety, but now im thinking about just getting a Chuck mod, alot cheaper and as long as your careful with the batterys it shouldnt give any problems, but first i have to think up a way to make the button a little more pocket friendly, maybe cutting a piece of rubber with a hole to fit around the button, just level with it, then using some of that shrink rubber tubing to hold it in place. Ill have to think about it.

paco

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Chino CA
yea i still use mine, but i just placed an order for a Chuck, why do i feel i should have done that first? .... i could have had 2 for less then the price of the joker, and by now id probably** (have a big headache and dont feel like spelling .... right) what like 4 chucks? oh well, i have a friend looking into vaping and i might just let him borrow the joker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread