The Joyetech Ego-CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sze5003

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
U.S., PA
Sounds like "mister...." only got the cc clearo, so when you say 'does any 510 clearo work on it', I'm guessing you mean does any work on the battery that comes with the CC kit. The answer to that is 'yes'. It's a regular eGo-c battery and any clearo or atty/carto with 510 threading will fit. Those with 'eGo skirts' or that use the eGo cone threading are better looking but you can get sleeves to cover up plain 510 threads on attys/cartos.

Both the eGo-c A and B type 'heads' (coil units) will work with the CC but it comes with the A type. There is a slight difference in design but not in 'fit'/sizing of the A and B heads. I'd stick with A types if you haven't any of the B's around but I'll be using B's as well because I have a few in stock. So far, I haven't had to change the head but I'll put a B on next just to see if there are any issues.

As far as price goes, you're probably better off with the Kanger T3S - more capacity and 1/3 of the price.

I was just making sure because this will be my first ego coming from the smokeless image spinner 650 battery and their t3 bottom coil clearomizers. I know they won't fit on my Ego for sure so I'll stick with your suggestions for the t3s and other clearomizers. Since I'll also be buying a mod soon like a vamo v3 I'm hoping I can use the same clearos on the vamo and my ego CC.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I was just making sure because this will be my first ego coming from the smokeless image spinner 650 battery and their t3 bottom coil clearomizers. I know they won't fit on my Ego for sure so I'll stick with your suggestions for the t3s and other clearomizers. Since I'll also be buying a mod soon like a vamo v3 I'm hoping I can use the same clearos on the vamo and my ego CC.

T3's fit on the eGo. Not sure what how the vamo v3 is designed but earlier versions wouldn't accept the eGo skirt without an extended adapter.

misterholidayhouse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2013
Central Oregon
I was able to grab mine soon after the mail arrived this morning and I have been vaping it hard ever since.
I immediately found that the only way I'm going to mess around with filling it is to pop out the silicone piece that the atty spike goes through. Do that and you could fill it from a bucket. :D So I get it filled and together, atty primed, ready to go, and head for work. Couldn't get three draws in a row without a dry burnt hit. Those darned finicky Ego-C atties! I got a tight one.. I pulled the wick out and removed two tiny strands of silica and reassembled. Vapes like a champ now with huge clouds and great flavor. It's all about the atty when it comes to performance. I often have to fiddle with them in my eRolls. Nice vape and I love that it is virtually leak proof by design, and tough too. These babies are long and heavy. I wouldn't want it on anything longer than my 650 Twist.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I was able to grab mine soon after the mail arrived this morning and I have been vaping it hard ever since.
I immediately found that the only way I'm going to mess around with filling it is to pop out the silicone piece that the atty spike goes through. Do that and you could fill it from a bucket. :D So I get it filled and together, atty primed, ready to go, and head for work. Couldn't get three draws in a row without a dry burnt hit. Those darned finicky Ego-C atties! I got a tight one.. I pulled the wick out and removed two tiny strands of silica and reassembled. Vapes like a champ now with huge clouds and great flavor. It's all about the atty when it comes to performance. I often have to fiddle with them in my eRolls. Nice vape and I love that it is virtually leak proof by design, and tough too. These babies are long and heavy. I wouldn't want it on anything longer than my 650 Twist.

Glad you got it running. :thumb: Never had dry hit problems with the eGo-c but I was running mostly B types that had three slots in spike rather than one as with the A's. I also split my vaping with 6 flavors, so that helps on the 'wear and tear'....

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Vamo 3 has 510 threading only--no eGo threads. If you want to use your eGo-threaded toppers on the Vamo, you'll need a 510>eGo adapter. Or get a mod with dual 510/eGo connection, like Sigelei Zmax or eVic.

sze5003

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
U.S., PA
Vamo 3 has 510 threading only--no eGo threads. If you want to use your eGo-threaded toppers on the Vamo, you'll need a 510>eGo adapter. Or get a mod with dual 510/eGo connection, like Sigelei Zmax or eVic.

I can get the evic for $80 bucks but I've heard that t3 bottom clearomizers don't work on it. I'll also look at the zmax since it would be nice to be able to use the same clearos on both devices.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I can get the evic for $80 bucks but I've heard that t3 bottom clearomizers don't work on it. I'll also look at the zmax since it would be nice to be able to use the same clearos on both devices.

I don't own an eVic so I'm not familiar with the threading, but I do own a stainless mini Sigelei Zmax and can vouch for it--it accepts all 510 and eGo threaded toppers.

eVic comes with dual threading--on paper--so it should work... :facepalm:

http://www.vapealotshop.com/GENUINE-Joyetech-EVIC-KIT_p_27.html

With 510/eGo threading and is compatible with all Joyetech 510/eGo/eGoT/eGoC atomizers and most clearomizers with 510 threading.

Maybe that's why it won't play nice with Kangers.

Last edited:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

sze5003

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
U.S., PA
T3 fits the eVic. See:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/evic/383487-does-kanger-t3-fit-evic.html#post8701166

...but check the other posts for what not to do ;)

Awesome...thanks a lot for the link. Decisions, decisions..I figure since I'll have the ego CC I might as well get the evic too and use similar clearomizers. Also, I will definitely get a pro tank and use it on both systems. I dunno maybe it's just me but having to buy only one type of clearo for both devices is a lot easier to maintain.

I haven't done my homework on the protanks but I've read on here that they work great on ego batteries too.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Awesome...thanks a lot for the link. Decisions, decisions..I figure since I'll have the ego CC I might as well get the evic too and use similar clearomizers. Also, I will definitely get a pro tank and use it on both systems. I dunno maybe it's just me but having to buy only one type of clearo for both devices is a lot easier to maintain.

I haven't done my homework on the protanks but I've read on here that they work great on ego batteries too.

The regular protank looks better on tube mod - it's diameter is bigger than an eGo.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/20/azy9u3ah.jpg

The mini protank II (vaping one right now) fits the eGo better but yeah, both will fit on both the eGo and the eVic.

http://www.deluxevapes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/kanger-protank-mini.png

sze5003

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
U.S., PA
Kent, thanks a lot for the help. This is turning into a hobby now :)

Going to look for some deals on the evic and get the protank II for the evic and the mini for the ego CC which should be here Friday. Really getting tired of the volt spinner and all the clearo heads I have cleaned and gone through. It's a great device for starters but now I'm going to branch out some more. Keep the SI stuff for a backup.

Edit: I was able to get an Evic from mikeusa.com, the starter kit for around 70 bucks :)

No tank for it yet but I'll try using the ego CC clearo that comes in tomorrow with it. Still need to get a protank 2 and I should be good.

Last edited:

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Sova starts a really intriguing thread, Kent does a great review and I had to order one up. Enablers all!

Received the Smart Kit last night from Cignot and indeed, Vicki is TOP NOTCH! Faaaaaast processing and shipping!!!
Also ordered a couple of the needle tip bottles from Vicki and they make filling the clearomizer easy peasy.

Shiny and sleek. Since last night I've almost put a full tank through the thing and I couldn't be happier. Took a bit to get the atomizer fully primed and flowing but so far so really good. Talk about solid construction. First impression is it's built like a tank, I look forward to seeing how well it holds up over the long haul.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hi! I am vaping from Vapor Girl, Vanilla Custard. It's a 50/50 mix. I tried the other coil that came with it and things seem to be much better! Thanks!

Hmm... maybe the first one was LR or had a flaw that dropped the ohms. Glad this one worked. It is one thing where the eGo-cc was different than the eGo-t especially and also the eGo-c (on lighter flavors). They tended to burn the ejuice and the eGo-cc hasn't done that or even darkened the ejuice, for me anyway. I'm guessing the LR attys won't work well with this one though.

Anne99

Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Virginia
Just an update:

Still getting burnt taste half the time. Tried a different 50/50 juice also. Most of my juices are this ratio. Also vaped with the battery it came with and an itaste vv at 3.7v. Maybe I just don't care for these sorts of heads/coils. Love the idea of this but I am not sold on the atomizer heads themselves. Maybe I am doing something wrong but for newbies I would think that a kanger t3 has less fiddly burnt issues. I'll likely keep the battery as a backup but not sure I will use the cc unit much itself.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Just an update:

Still getting burnt taste half the time. Tried a different 50/50 juice also. Most of my juices are this ratio. Also vaped with the battery it came with and an itaste vv at 3.7v. Maybe I just don't care for these sorts of heads/coils. Love the idea of this but I am not sold on the atomizer heads themselves. Maybe I am doing something wrong but for newbies I would think that a kanger t3 has less fiddly burnt issues. I'll likely keep the battery as a backup but not sure I will use the cc unit much itself.

The eGo batt that came with it is most likely a regulated eGo-t or c and 3.4v underload. The itaste vv would likely burn vanilla custard at or above 3.7v even on a 2.2ohm T3. If vv - try a 3.3-3.4v level. If you vape coffee, tobacco, menthol, ry4 or chocolate the cc might do better with those flavors.

Did you remove the one piece to fill the clearo? silicone with a hole?? Some have removed it for easier fill but it acts as an insultator around the spike too as does the 'head cap'.... anyway thank for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread