The Joyetech Ego-CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sze5003

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
U.S., PA
Well I got my unit today. It's charging right now so I'm finishing off some liquid using my volt spinner. I was able to open the unit into three pieces as shown in the instructions. The silicone plastic covering with the hole which is on the clearo looks like will fit my juice bottle so I won't need to remove it to fill.

If you want to remove the piece you may need tweezers. Do you have some type b attys to use in this unit and see how that works ? Or put a different clearo head on there and see how that goes.

I'll post an update once it's done charging and I have it up and running. Also, make sure not to over tighten the atomizer head piece that holds the atomizer into the bottom base piece.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Working on the 3rd tank full through my CC and I'm more and more impressed with this.

This device is my first go with the Ego-C style of atomizer and I initially got some almost dry hits and burning taste. I'm of a mind my issues had to do with this particular atomizer and getting it fully primed up.
After p'raps 10 or so hits though I scoped out just how this setup hits and it's been nothing but fine vapor since. For myself at any rate, a solid priming hit before hitting the button has worked like gold every time.

Dayhum but I'm like how this clearomizer is delivering!

sze5003

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
U.S., PA
Ok so I filled the tank with some apple frost nicquid. Made sure not to tighten the atty head too much either.

Turned it on and held the button a couple of seconds until I heard hissing. Took a few hits and I initially tasted some metal. From the metal tip I suppose. A couple of hits later and I have a crazy buzz. This is 12mg nic level which I've been using for over a year. But it never tasted like it does on this ego compared to my volt spinner. On the spinner, it tasted mild and airy.

This thing gives me plumes of vapor and a smooth taste. Pure flavor and the air flow is great. The draw is a little tight but the redesigned air flow from the top is a winner.

Also, no more dry mouth anymore for some reason. I always got that with the volt. Almost done this tank and I will probably refill it before going to bed.

I have to say this battery, for a 650 is smaller and more powerful. I'm really enjoying it. Do you guys normally clean the atomizers or just buy new ones?

I get nothing but smooth flavor from this thing. I'm really suprised how well it works. I've got some halo shamrock liquid coming next week that I can't wait to try. I think with this device I will need to drop my nicotine level which is fine by me.

I also can't wait to try the evic. The device is sturdy and built well. I really can't get over how awesome the airflow is. Definitely enjoying this. For those getting a burnt taste maybe the attys are a little old?

Last edited:

sze5003

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
U.S., PA
I got mine, vapes great, but the metal mouthpiece seems cold and, well, metallic to me. Does anyone know if any other mouth pieces will fit or if the black ones that come in the complete kits are available separately?

Looks like a standard head piece. Mine came with a black plastic one. Any ego head unit that has removable mouth pieces should work. I think the plastic head cone things will work too.

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
I just got my CC a few days ago from local shop and i love it. I cant believe it but it is better than my vivi. I have been a religious vivi user for years and this is actually better. I do have dry hits if i dont do hard pulls but other than that it is awesome.

Yeah, it's great, isn't it!

Just got my ego cc in today. Love it!!! I put in a lr atty in it and it vapes great!!!!!!!!!! I'm so liking this much better that my mini nova!!!!!!!! I wasn't to crazy about the drip tip so I just switched it out with one of my 510 drip tips. Vaping Bobas Bounty with no issues at all ;)

Yeah the drip tip is very heavy. Switched it with a ismoka mini bcc tip. Not as tight but still holds strong when hanging from my mouth.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
The T3 mini (or the T3S/MT3S) can't accept the protank/evod coils. But the protank/evod will accept the T3S coils. The T3 mini can be converted into a 'T3S mini' by using the T3S base and coil.

I was wrong about this. The baby T3 can't take the T3S base and coil. The tube inside the baby/mini T3 stops the post on the coil unit from fully seating.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Yup, they are on the upper side of price LHB. In as much as they are a new product, hopefully we might see a price drop down the road.

I tell ya true though, worth every penny spent on it to me.
Along with the fit and finish, no gaps at seams, tight, smooth threads and so on, the engineering on this one is such that I can't see how it would every leak. Prolly could but I can't imagine how.
Several user comments cite the stainless steel tip as uncomfortable, I prefer it myself over the Delrin.

I've been using mine since the 12th of this month now. Averaging 1 to 1.5 tanks a day every day on an assortment of Ego style batteries.
Coupled with the Ego-C type A atomizer there has yet to be a dry hit or leak of any kind.
The flavor has been all I could want but you'd have take that for what's it's worth in that I only vape unflavored (-;

The only drawback I find to this particular device is the finagling required to separate the base and tank. This is actually easy enough to learn so this point is really minor in my estimation.

Pricey yes, but as in all things (usually) you do get what ya pay for. As soon as Vicki over at Cignot gets them in black you can be assured I'll snag another one!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I was wrong about this. The baby T3 can't take the T3S base and coil. The tube inside the baby/mini T3 stops the post on the coil unit from fully seating.

Additional note. Even though the above is correct - the Baby T3 CAN take the Evod/PT coil with the T3S base. But not the T3S coil. odd... I also tried using the T3S knurled base with all coils for the mini protank - no go, although the T3S coil works with the mini PT base.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Got mine and lovin it so far. I prefer a 3.7 vape so enjoy the type A with erolls. On my egos, I use clearos in both regulated and not and, so far, prefer the T3s mini over the Evod if that gives an idea for my preferences other than this. The egocc, to me, is more like it than the EVOD. The draw seems a bit tighter than either of the other two but not as tight as the eroll. I don't get a gurgle on either the T3s mini nor this egocc but I do get a crackle with both. It is a bit long but looks classier than the T3s mini.. more like an EVOD in that sense but with more juice level visibility which I really, really like. That's exactly why I decided to buy it in fact and I'm happy I did for that reason alone.

Edit: thinking some more... I would put the draw and vape about the same as my iSmoka which I also prefer over the EVOD. The EVOD is just too airy for me along with just impossible to see juice levels at night and sometimes during the day. The ego CC solves both the vape and the looks.

Last edited:

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Surprised I'm not seeing more rumblings regarding this clearo. Is it the price I wonder?

Just shy of 1 month using mine and I gots to say it's serving me extremely well!
Since I received the eGo-CC I've put at least 1 tank through it every day and not one gurgle, dry hit or hint of a leak.
The A type atty has been loving it's environment inside this clearo, wicking my VG more than fast enough to chain vape while sitting in front of this silly computer (-:

Absolutely, plenty of clearomizers and their associated heads out there for less money but this one is certainly proving itself worth every penny!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
There's still not a lot of vendors carrying them. The initial cost and the cost of joyetech type A attys may also be considerations. My favorite Tabac BCC is less than $5 for me at heaven gifts and just over a buck for the replacement coils (per unit in a 5 pack).

That said, my experience has been the same as you otd, I like them. Haven't checked on the black one lately.... they're in... I ordered :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread