Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I'll find out later this week when my order arrives from Cignot but I'm still wondering if the $14.50 box contains the assembled "tank" parts along with one atty, a silver tip, black flat-tip and an extra gasket. That's what I'm used to receiving in the box from another vendor. Thanks.

Not in box but I got 2 extra gaskets - perhaps one for my former purchase.... and I ordered the extra black flat tip.

cloudcity

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2013
Boston MA
Still waiting on mine, should be here tomorrow or Thursday...

How are you guys finding it vaping with thicker juices?

Also I've read about people replacing their Ego-c Atty Wicks with SS Mesh wicks.
Has anyone tried this, and curious if that helps with thicker juices...

(In my E-Cab I have to primer puff every few drags for thicker juice...)

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
There are alot of ego atty tinkerers over on the eroll sub-forum and some have used mesh as well as cotton, etc. So far I haven't tinkered myself. I sometimes use 50/50 with the atty as it comes with no feeding problem either in the CC or eroll. I haven't used 100% VG but have read, again over on that sub-forum, that others haven't had a problem with it.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

Also I've read about people replacing their Ego-c Atty Wicks with SS Mesh wicks.

I have vaped about three years with AG -aqueous glycerin from decadent vapours - (VG+H2O) nic base, AG blend (VG:H2O at 83:17) and flavoring -all DIY without any problems with the older eGo-c, then Tabac BCC's, and the Joyetech eGo-cc, mini protanks....

cloudcity

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2013
Boston MA
I have a few favorite juices that are pretty thick... Vapetrik stuff for example doesn't wick well in standard ego attys, and need primer puffs every few drags to avoid dry hitting ... unfortunately they also clog the attys over time and require lots of regular cleanings...
I've ordered some mesh wick so gonna give that a go.

Hopefully though the CC is designed in such a way where wicking thicker juices will play nicer than in the standard ego/e-cab cartridge-tanks...

I may venture into DIY juice, but I really love trying new flavors. It keeps vaping fun and interesting for me...

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW

I've been using nothing but VG at 90/10, vodka being the 10%. Using the A type atty, not modified, in both of the CC's I have and it wicks perfectly.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
I primarily vape unflavored cloud, though I have tried a bit of a menthol recently that I like. With that I can't speak to how much the vodka might mute flavors. I have tried thinning with water and the result tasted watery, go figure (-;
I don't taste the vodka but it does add a slight bit of throat hit, very slight but some.

cloudcity

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2013
Boston MA
All the credit goes to our good friends on the DIY forum, have fun cloud!

Thanks!

Also, I got my CC today. It vapes like a beast! So far this is my favorite Ego sized clearomizer and will probably become my go to portable for a bit...

It also has a nice balance of flavor & TH while still being leak proof... we'll see how it does after a few days in (when the draw usually starts to slow down... hopefully their design on this allows for more consistency out of the attys.)

Off the bat though, really impressed.

Joyetech seems to be moving into some really cool territory. The eMode looks s3xeh!

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Update:

Got my 5 Ego CCs from cignot.com. Not a single spare gasket or anything else for that matter received with them. For $1.45 more all future ordering will be done at litecigusa.com as that's way less than the extra stuff they include. Just the flat tip alone included there cignot charges $2.50 for. I'm still on the hunt now for spare gaskets though... wish I had ordered the CCs from litecigs so I would have them.

sze5003

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
U.S., PA
Update:

Got my 5 Ego CCs from cignot.com. Not a single spare gasket or anything else for that matter received with them. For $1.45 more all future ordering will be done at litecigusa.com as that's way less than the extra stuff they include. Just the flat tip alone included there cignot charges $2.50 for. I'm still on the hunt now for spare gaskets though... wish I had ordered the CCs from litecigs so I would have them.

Do the gaskets make a significant difference? Mine has been the original one since I've had my cc. Never noticed any issues, but thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Eventually, with reinserting the atty through it, it will wear out and spares are nice to have in case it starts leaking into the atty base. I haven't had it happen yet but the same atty inserting in and out of the eroll tank does wear out the hole. You're welcome... I always try to help other vapers in any way I can as others have helped me and its good to hear appreciation.:) I'm looking forward to the day vendors start carrying replacement gaskets for the Ego CC the way they do others.

sze5003

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
U.S., PA
Eventually, with reinserting the atty through it, it will wear out and spares are nice to have in case it starts leaking into the atty base. I haven't had it happen yet but the same atty inserting in and out of the eroll tank does wear out the hole. You're welcome... I always try to help other vapers in any way I can as others have helped me and its good to hear appreciation.:) I'm looking forward to the day vendors start carrying replacement gaskets for the Ego CC the way they do others.

Hmm I just have an ego cc kit so I'm not sure about the eroll. I'm waiting for atomizers to get cheaper. My main device now is the cc clearo and ego c upgrade battery and my evic. I barely ever use the protank 2..good to have but kind of airy for me. Unless I'm only vaping high flavored juices.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

villagejazz

Oct 1, 2013
London
Update:

So strange. I have ordered 3 ego-cc's from cignot and have received free gaskets and other freebies with each order.

Ive had nothing but outstanding service from cignot.com as well. I guess YMMV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Its been suggested I send an email and I may just do that in the next couple of days (doc appt today) if for no other reason than it doesn't feel good to place that size order (over $70.00) and not get treated the same as other customers... though, come to think of it, I don't know what size orders others placed. It could be I was under the limits set for freebies. Or, considering my case may be unusual, it could be that a new employee did the packing or, since it was a Monday when the order got filled, it was just one of those hectic days. Or, since I've only placed two previous orders there within the last 8 months, it could be freebies are only handed out to frequent customers. I guess there could be any number of reasons but I was disappointed none-the-less and am still hoping the gaskets show up for retail. I see the eroll tops just hit, seling for around $3.00 for 10 so hope the ego cc gaskets are just late arriving.

chartreuse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
The High Plains
It sounds like the ego-cc might be just what I'm looking for. I was been using Kanga MT3s on ego 1100mAh variable voltage batteries (from that starter kit that High Desert Vapes was selling a while back) but became discouraged by leaks and gurgling.

I'd like to get back to vaping, though, so I figure it can't hurt to try the cc. I do have one question: I've found the cc on cignot, but want to be sure that I'm getting the right atty heads. Are these Joyetech eGo-C Atomizer Heads Type A - Qty 5 the ones that I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread