• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudBurst

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Georgia, USA
Thanks, she just answered me, I guess there was a mix-up with the address getting lost again. Carlos asked for it a few weeks ago but I'm sure he's got a thousand emails to sift through to find it. Mine will be in Monday's mail!!! Can't wait!
Storminyte your JB is ready and I don't see you online. I e-mailed you to get in touch with juicy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
LOL!! Sorry, but that IS common sense. Are people buying mods as their first PV now? Any n00bs out there (comming from a fellow n00b) start out with a 510, 801, 901, KR808or any of the other fool-proof starter kits (just shop around and read some reviews... and not just the ones suppliers have on their sites either).

I saw a negative review of the prodigy V2 where someone was .....ing about killing their "antomizer" because they let it get dry and complaining that the people at PS told them they'd have to buy more "antomizers" to get it to work. Do a little research and start out with something simple. There is a learning curve. I've been doing this a month and I know there's a lot I still need to learn (I think I should be able to get the JB to work for me though ;)).

I followed the instructions to the letter. It works perfect. I didn't need a learning curve I just did what the paper said to do. This is different than any other mod but for me it was very easy. :)

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
I followed the instructions to the letter. It works perfect. I didn't need a learning curve I just did what the paper said to do. This is different than any other mod but for me it was very easy. :)

Ah, a paper saying what to do! Never got anything like that with any other ecig or mod and I'm still kickin, so that will be splendid! :D

Hi all, ordered a JB the first week of Jan. or so. Green sparkles, no LED or graphics. Lusted after red with LED but decided to go with more discreet, *sigh.* (Lots of folks walk down the street sucking on their PDAs or other unidentifiable electronic devices, right??)

Anyway, I mainly wanted it for its brilliant contribution to stockpiling purposes, so as long as it can still ship at all by the time it's ready, I'm really not in any hurry at all. But hmmm, I probably wouldn't sign my real name to that statement either lol. :rolleyes:

Snarkyone

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Your mom said not to say...
Keep up the patience people, I warned you in the first review to order ASAP as the orders would surely pile up fast, if I remember correctly the wait back then was about a month and that was when it was still unknown to the masses. When Carlos started selling these, he didn't think they would be nearly as hot as they have become. These are handmade, units with the atomizer being the most time consuming part of the process. This is not made in some manufacturing facility but by Carlos and his new assistant that he needed to hire.

On the bright side, once your JB arrives it will be all that you expected and more. You will save a ton of money on juice, your days of fiddling with carts or constant dripping will be far behind you. The taste you get from this unit will open up a whole new world of vaping for you. The way the JB hits you won't need a 6v mod since it hits like a 6v at 3.7 with the 18650 battery that last a couple of days. Juice bottle changes are about once a week or every 10 days or so for me.

From what I understand Carlos has suspended taking new orders until he is caught up with this batch. People also need to understand that it is not a simple matter of going to Radio Shack and grabbing a couple of hundred of project boxes off the shelf, he had to order them which caused some delay, and other parts as well I imagine. These are well worth the wait but you can't blame the builder who never expected such a high demand for these. Be patient and when it shows up it will be like all your childhood Christmases put together!

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
Well, I guess the update thread is as good a place as any to post that I received my Juice Boxes today. :)

I ordered December 2nd, and since I ordered from Carlos directly, I don't have an order number.

As others have noted, there is definitely a learning curve, and I expect it will be several more days before I can operate it with any serious level of competency.

That being said, it's a lovely device. The draw is very light and airy, which is actually a nice contrast to my beloved eGo. The liquid I'm vaping right now is E-Liquid Planet's Cigar-1 from its Essence line . . . the flavor is VERY nice and more complex than what I taste when vaping with my eGo.

I'm not getting much vapor at this point, but, as I mentioned above, I'm still trying to figure out what in the heck I'm doing. Surprisingly, though, even though there's not much vapor, there is a lot of taste and a very nice throat hit.

I'll report back in another week after I've had a chance to play with it some more. My preliminary reaction is, yeah, it was worth the wait. :)

Edited to add: Geesh. I'm such a goof . . . I didn't manage to post this in the Update thread. :oops:

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
I'm not getting much vapor at this point, but, as I mentioned above, I'm still trying to figure out what in the heck I'm doing. Surprisingly, though, even though there's not much vapor, there is a lot of taste and a very nice throat hit.

I'll report back in another week after I've had a chance to play with it some more. My preliminary reaction is, yeah, it was worth the wait. :)

That's encouraging to me -- vapor production is so low on my list that it's barely even there at all. :D (Yep I know I'm a lesser-seen variant of vaper on that count lol!)

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
That's encouraging to me -- vapor production is so low on my list that it's barely even there at all. :D (Yep I know I'm a lesser-seen variant of vaper on that count lol!)

Well, I'm quite certain that the vapor production will be present once I figure out what I'm doing. But, like you, vapor isn't all that important to me. In fact, in most places where I vape, I tend to hold in the vapor so as to vape discretely.

Maybe once the vapor production increases, I'll have to figure out how to deliberately screw it up to get back to stealth mode. ;)

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
Aw thanks Clyde. I've been watching the threads but havent been posting mainly just waiting to see when others have received theirs and how its going for them.

It does take a bit of working with to get use to vaping with it and after a few months I have to say that I havent mastered it completely. At times it works great and then sometimes I end up flooding the atty. I'm not entirely sure that most of the problems everyone seems to be having with it isnt the bottle and tube. I think it may be wanting to "self juice" itself and if you arent used to that, you flood it. Mine works wonderful for a week then one day I seem to flood it. Then it will work perfectly again.

Storm mentioned turning it upside down when it floods and actually that seems to have solved most of my flooding issues. Also i mentioned blowing into the atty while covering that small hole just below ..and that clears out the flooding as well.

I vape on it at home and still love it. I carry the SB with me when i go out or to work, just because the size is easier for me to carry around.

I see a few selling theirs and I hope they arent jumping the gun. It does take time to get used to it, the vapor is different than my SB...I have to still tone down the flavor because it will cough me to death if i dont. It has the most clear vape of anything I've used thus far. I cant even describe it other than saying it's " clean".

I still think it's an awesome product, have another on order if that tells you anything. I certainly wouldnt buy two of them if i didnt really love it.

Hoping that you love yours and that you guys receive it very soon so you can form your own opinion.

willowize

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
Tennessee
Received JB 3/10/09 ordered 1/4/10. Got it around 2:30 p.m. and followed instructions. Has great vapor and TH (using diy Joy 11mg nic, 60%vg 40%pg). Still has the new atty taste (reminds me of the smell of the epoxy) that I'm sure will disapate in a few days. So far no flooding. I love the JB at this point.

Last edited:

sl2222

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2009
NC-USA
Well, I've had the JB about 10 days now. I have used it exclusively for the last 3 days! Also, I vape all day long. I'm much worse than when I was on analogs. These damn things are too convenient. :)

I have been vaping for about 5 months now with 401's, 510's, 801's and 901's.

I'd give the CJB an 8 out of 10. minus 2 points for easy flooding.

Here is my first video review so flame away. :)

YouTube - CJB Review and Tips

sl2222

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2009
NC-USA
After using the JB exclusively for almost a week now I have to take another couple of points away. :(

Now taking into consideration that I know squat about these things I have come to the conclusion that Carlos' atty is one tough beast but...
I don't think the atty 'retains enough juice' when it's 'soaked'. I say this because there's definitely a 'sweet spot' for pressing that bottle. When u squeeze just a little too much and SLIGHTLY flood it you can clear it with a few good puffs but when it's vaping well again it doesn't seem to last for very many puffs before the flavor drops off and u need to squeeze again.
If you hit the 'sweet spot' then the same thing happens. Not many puffs before the flavor drops.

Now I know there's a learning curve but I think I've hit that thing a ton of times by now and also that atty has been 'seasoned' for sure.

Just my 2 cents.

sl2222

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2009
NC-USA
ok, ok I keep changing my mind about this mysterious CJB thingy. Since I'm not a pc person...call me a woman. :p

I've been pretty much chain vaping this thing and figured this atty was broken in a bit ago but no no no. Today this thing started to hold the flavor better AND is now a fog machine!
Also I've gotten pretty good at not flooding (albeit at the cost of extra burnt puffs due to favoring a light push at first and finding out I need a little harder push to juice it up). Once I have that feel tho, I can repeat it for a while till the juice in the tube gets to a different level.
The key is to know how far up the tube the juice is when it's just sitting there. If it's almost at the top where you can't see it you should probably clear it as in Carlos' video otherwise it's too easy to flood. I like when it's half way up cause it's a nice little push and you're good to go.
I needed to learn that the juice needs to rise about a half inch or so above the point where you can't see it rise. I hope that makes sense. :w00t:

Soooo...after becoming a believer in the large learning curve and the extra time for the atty break in, I'm giving back my 2 points I took away in another post for the atty not holding the flavor at all. I'm also giving back .5 on the easy flooding issue cause you do get better with more and more practice.

New rating is 8.5 out of 10 ! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread