Status
Not open for further replies.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
I'm definitely in for an 18650 based Kick mod. Is there any way to just add a small extension to existing P18's. A 15mm spacer with a drop in kick would be amazing.

I am hoping for the same thing, maybe even add a wheel for adjusting, a lcd would be awesome too but I dont think David would be down with that. I am pretty sure that the kick is setup so you can add things like a lcd or a adjustment wheel but I could be wrong.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
First things first will be determining whether the AW IMR 18350 will even adequately power the Kick. If so, even if the vape times are reduced, it might be viable. Time will tell.

I would be willing to bet that it can handle the load, the specs say that its max discharge is 8c so if my calculations are correct it would be capable of 6amps. I think we should be good but am curious to see how it goes and how long the batts last.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I'm wondering if that Brass pin contact on the "kick" could be shortened to allow for extra room as well as being replaced with the Rhodium and Gold Plated Contacts that your using David, thus allowing for a super contact point and also saving enough room for an 18650 IMR to fit, as well as a little room in the other PP+ models too ! I'm thinking a bit ahead here but I'm smelling nothing but win :2cool:

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
oh man David. Great news wipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i am totally swetoked man. best news all day. But i did manage to grab me a PP18650 about 2 hrs ago. From now on its all Super T. so i had good news twice today. Life is just starting to get better.
Classifieds??

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I think what appeals to me most about the Kick is it's drop in nature, which allows me to keep the PrecisePlus as envisioned: sleek, minamalist, ease of operation, efficient, quality, smallest form factor and most importantly, dependability. Since the Kick is non-integral with the unit, should you be in the middle of the bush and the Kick stops operating, you aren't stuck without a PV. You always have the all mechanical mode to fall back on, which is a darn sweet vape in and of it self!

Last edited:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I had a chance to duty cycle test the AW IMR 18350 and the AW IMR 18490.

Both were pushed hard at a 6amp draw, which is almost equivalent to running 3 Low Resistance 510 atomizers at once from one battery! The test was run in duty cycle mode with intervals set at 5 seconds On and 20 seconds Off , which simulates vaping.

The results with those test parameters were surprising and the little IMR 18350 did better then i thought it may. I suspect it may indeed work with the Kick, though only field testing will tell the tale of how much vape time you get. Please note, the minutes listed are not to be construed as Vaping Minutes. The minutes listed were how long the batteries lasted with a continuous duty cycle and an unrelenting high draw of 6 amps:

IMR18350vsIMR18490.jpg

Last edited:

Roi

Jul 29, 2011
Philippines
I had a chance to duty cycle test the AW IMR 18350 and the AW IMR 18490.

Both were pushed hard at a 6amp draw, which is almost equivalent to running 3 Low Resistance 510 atomizers at once from one battery! The test was run in duty cycle mode with intervals set at 5 seconds On and 20 seconds Off , which simulates vaping.

The results with those test parameters were surprising and the little IMR 18350 did better then i thought it may. I suspect it may indeed work with the Kick, though only field testing will tell the tale of how much vape time you get. Please note, the minutes listed are not to be construed as Vaping Minutes. The minutes listed were how long the batteries lasted with a continuous duty cycle and an unrelenting high draw of 6 amps:

IMR18350vsIMR18490.jpg

David, what piece of test equipment did you use to make this chart? It looks like a great way to analyze batteries and I need one. Thanks

Last edited:

Cari

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
Beach Dreaming
I've been waiting on a P+18500, and now I'm confused. The only other PV I own besides the Precise line is a VV mod that is shall we say "not pleasing to look at". I would never carry it outside of my house, but I love the versatility of VV with some of my favorite juices. I'm very anxious to see if the Kick will work with the P+18500 ~ the best of both worlds IMO! Small, refined, beautiful and versatile. Shorter battery life wouldn't be a problem for me. This is the best vaping news I've heard in a long time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread