the little things in life that change when you vape instead of smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightseeker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Illinois
I am so happy to be able to use left over wrapping paper. I would always toss it because it would eventually smell like smoke. In the past I didn't want to lend or give away things because they were so saturated with smoke. Now I can even borrow something from another person and not have to think about how to keep the stench off of it. Yay!

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Had to dig to find this again. But wanted to add to it and get it back on top. It's been 2 months now and things are still changing. My taste and smell are still going through it. Heck my whole body is still going through changes.
With the weather getting warmer I notice that when I have to unload at one of my stops that I don't sweat as much. And I stop sweating quicker and I'm not as winded when I done. I except the changes to continue in some form or another for some time. But hey I'll take it.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I had a funny one. Because when I was a smoker I always went out on the front porch to smoke, the neighbors kinda started counting on me being out there to grab their packages when they were not home. Yesterday a neighbor commented "Dang girl you have missed 3 packages in a row." I had to explain I quit and her response was "for that I don't mind going down to the post office to pick it up."

I love my neighbors.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Back in the days when smoking was acceptable everywhere it had a kind of nice thing going in the sharing and lighting up. You know? It was always kind of sexy when a guy wold offer to light your cig for you when you pulled one out. I miss that kind of thing. And when bumming a cig was no big deal because they werent all that expensive. Even a nice ice braker at a party back then. Or to try somebody's brand and cause it was free say oh man this is pretty nice! We had a little pride thing going in our choice of cig. Not that way. I guess if there were another friggen single vaper i saw in my town that would be nice to do a thumbs up anyway. So the community has changed. Its here on a forum but not in life!

chicknbemus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
SW NY
I made it half way thru reading all the posts and I too have noticed the same things. What a difference e-cigs have made in our lives too! I have seriously wanted to quit for years, but my hubby had no intention to, and as silly as it sounds I kept smoking with him because I knew how naggy and miserable I would be to him If I quit and he didn't. I couldn't stand the smell and it was less offensive to me if I smelled bad too.

He found these e-cigs, and I was jumping for joy and thank goodness he was able to enjoy them and we both could drop the habit. He never wanted to quit because he enjoyed it so much, my biggest gripe was the smell, I have always thought how revolting the smell was and even more so now that we don't do it. But don't get me wrong, as being an ex-smoker I will never disrespect someone who chooses to smoke, that's their own preference.

We have been cig. free for 5 months, and I am greatful every morning I wake up feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed. Instead of quitting cold turkey like I had intended(and I have done that twice before so I know how annoying that can be) I started vaping too, and I absolutely love it! I had all intentions to ween myself off of them but I find it more of a hobby we both can enjoy.

One thing I didn't see mentioned as an annoying side affect from anologs, and this could be because I live in a colder climate, is wanting to have a cigarette but the car windows are frozen in the winter....mega annoying, I remember driving to work and keep slamming my elbow into the window to try to break the ice loose...lol. Or how the cheap cig. lighters don't work when its cold.

Another thing that bothered me about cigarettes was I felt embarrassed that I smoked and would try to hide it if I could, but I highly doubt my efforts to disguise it ever worked out :p

The last few years that we smoked, we used to roll our own cigarettes...and we bought a $400.00 machine to make it easier, then it broke and we were doing it buy hand, again. What a royal pain in the carcass that was...we were making them for other people as well, so all my free time was dedicated to making cig. Altho it was cheaper to make ur own and less chemicals involved, I dreaded it everyday.

I don't get headaches all the time like I used to, they were a daily occurance, and by the time night came around my nose was so stuffed up, I had trouble breathing. My fingernails are stronger and grow longer which is awesome. And I know this was mentioned but everything smells so lovely and tastes so terrific, I have even started eating healthier and enjoy it.

Love this thread, and this forum lots of good reads. :) Congrats to everyone who was able to find success in quitting anologs and making the switch to e-cigs! I know it definately changed our lives for the better!

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
I love not stinking like smoke anymore. Vaping has become so much fun. Not only have I been off analogs for 5 weeks but I now have a new hobby! Just wish I could get my wife off the analogs. One step at a time though. :)

monkey see, monkey do.. like a lot of folks I know, she may be waiting to see how well you do with it, difficulty level, etc before trying for herself.

welcome to ECF! and good for you!

for me: taste, smell, circulation, breathing, energy, losing weight(!), I keep apologizing for not knowing how gawd awful I actually smelled all the time, my Jeep stays cleaner longer, no smelly, wet butts to pick up after the bucket overflows, no more .... bucket... I can go on and on.. love vaping!

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I no longer get yelled at about the smell of my smoke. Instead I get yelled at for the smell of my vapor. People fake cough and give me the stink eye as they walk by my vapor, instead of fake coughing and giving me the stink eye when they walk past my smoke. Eh, its not so different after all. :p

jfalbanese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Westport, WA
Great thread.
Can relate to quite a few of these posts.
In addition:

Hate that I can now smell the horrible stench left in my car from smoking in it. Had it detailed but can still smell it.
Love that I can now sing in car and hold the notes longer and voice doesn't sound like Froggy from Little Rascals.
Don't have to keep ceiling fans going constantly in house.
amazon sells ozium for that leftover stench.still haven't detailed my truck, but a healthy dose of ozium took care of the smell.

jfalbanese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Westport, WA
haven't had a migraine prior to vaping in a while. but i hear you on not wanting them ever again. hope the smoking had something to do with that. i hate the 12 hour puke fests. :mad:
update had the first migraine in 8 months. can't blame or not blame vaping, but still tobacco free. migraines suck.

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
GREAT thread!

1.) no more going to flick your cigarette out the car window, only to have it blow right back into the back seat of your car.
2.) no more going to flick your ash out the car window, but instead, hitting the glass with your lit cigarette, with the lit end falling onto the carpet, onto the seat, under your seat, or directly into your lap.
3.) no more frantic 'emergency stops' on the highway trying to find the burning ember somewhere in the car due to #1 and #2 above.
4.) no more going to grasp your cigarette in a very 'cool' manner from your lips between your index and middle finger, only to have the cigarette stick to your lips. In the meantime, your fingers 'slide' down the cigarette, burning your fingers and knocking off the burning ember right into your lap.
5.) no more flicking away your cigarette between thumb and middle finger, only to have it go in a completely different direction than you intended, usually landing on or near some highly flammable material....
6.) no more nonchalantly 'hiding' spent cigarette butts under a rock while no one is looking because there is no ash tray or receptacle available.
7.) no more starting a full, plastic garbage can completely ON FIRE (a RAGING fire!) because you didn't put your cigarette .... out completely before depositing it in said garbage can. (I can still see and smell the pile of burning trash and bubbling plastic.....). Fortunately, the trash can was outside and away from everything....

YES, I absolutely have done all of these things! :vapor: AND NO, I don't miss analogs...heheh

Last edited:

jfalbanese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Westport, WA
GREAT thread!

1.) no more going to flick your cigarette out the car window, only to have it blow right back into the back seat of your car.
2.) no more going to flick your ash out the car window, but instead, hitting the glass with your lit cigarette, with the lit end falling onto the carpet, onto the seat, under your seat, or directly into your lap.
3.) no more frantic 'emergency stops' on the highway trying to find the burning ember somewhere in the car due to #1 and #2 above.
4.) no more going to grasp your cigarette in a very 'cool' manner from your lips between your index and middle finger, only to have the cigarette stick to your lips. In the meantime, your fingers 'slide' down the cigarette, burning your fingers and knocking off the burning ember right into your lap.
5.) no more flicking away your cigarette between thumb and middle finger, only to have it go in a completely different direction than you intended, usually landing on or near some highly flammable material....
6.) no more nonchalantly 'hiding' spent cigarette butts under a rock while no one is looking because there is no ash tray or receptacle available.
7.) no more starting a full, plastic garbage can completely ON FIRE (a RAGING fire!) because you didn't put your cigarette .... out completely before depositing it in said garbage can. (I can still see and smell the pile of burning trash and bubbling plastic.....). Fortunately, the trash can was outside and away from everything....

YES, I absolutely have done all of these things! :vapor: AND NO, I don't miss analogs...heheh
reading the police blotter about a dumpster fire at work the other day. they attributed to cig butts. first time i can truly say, i'm not a suspect in that one. :toast:

JoJoVa

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2013
Washington, DC
I logged into my checking account the other day and panicked because my balance looked like I had forgotten to pay a few bills...oh, no that's just the $200/mo I would spend on cigs. I'm sure that there was additional spending that was occurring every time that I went to the store to buy a carton. I definitely don't miss that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread