• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The Lord Has Blessed Me This Week!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Now I'm not saying that there weren't some trials and tribulations, as usual, BUT, the blessings have out weighed the bad this week! :DMy housekeeper is soooo pregnant and I have not heard from or seen her in 2 1/2 weeks. You would think that common courtesy would prevail, but no. Okay, I need a new housekeeper as I've almost killed myself trying to do more than I usually do. I was weeping to Almighty God for help. Well, got a call from my sister, as I'd texted her some days ago, how many hrs a week and what the pay is. She told me that my step-niece is interested in it temporary. Well, this is the niece who just had a baby. Soooooooooooo, I get to play with Melody Grace! Wooooo Hooooo!!! I'm not cleaning poopy diapers. Tee tee is okay, but not the other. That's what Mommies and Daddies are for! My husband is nervous around babies since we weren't able to have children, so he may go and have lunch with his mom. They hardly see each other anymore because of him being sick.

Next blessing. I had an orthopedic appointment today and parking is crazy. I started praying for a good 'handicap' place in front, which aren't normally open. I began last night. I included the time I needed it. It was waiting for me today! Now THAT is a miracle!!! Got to the Ortho guy, sat for close to 4 hours, and he said he can cure my 'trigger thumb' pain that I've had for a month. Out patient......zip zap.........no pain and I can use my thumb again. It wouldn't be so bad if my tennis elbow and trigger thumb were all on the same arm, then I cut the whole thing off.....J/K!!!
:laugh:Anyway, am having the out patient surgery next Tuesday. Praise God this is one ailment I don't have to live with! I'm excited, as anything new, I wind up having to live with it. I get tired of those! Yep, I realize it won't be a walk in the park. Parks have dogs barking and children crying.....but the hotdogs are great!!!! "Two, please!" You can't beat the flavor of a Lucky Dog vendor on the street!

So, sit back and think. How has God blessed you this week? Please share!
:wub:We wouldn't laugh at anything and we need to share once a week or so, so others can Praise God with you. We can also pray with you during the sorrow. It makes sense to me. What does everyone think?:)

One other blessing......e-cig was clogged in the air take. Went to Vapor store and that's when the owner cleaned it out, oh man! All that drawing and drawing in and getting little for it?????? It was a blessing and I now know how to clean it!!!! Plumes and plumes of vapor!!! I like it!!!

Last edited:

Sonata Dusk

Mar 27, 2015
Taylor Mill, KY, USA
I like the idea a lot, I know i'm brand new, but I don't have a church in this area, and I seem to be on the forum quite *A LOT!*.

Without getting into a lot of detail, my in laws do not like me and have never accepted my marriage to their son. They actually threatened to disown him when he decided to be with me. I've been praying for about two years now for . . . their hearts to open up a bit. My husband called them two days ago, and while I don't think things will ever be a hundred percent fixed, we have opened our hearts to trying to heal a lot of what has gone on. There's been a lot of anger and hurt words and a very broken sense of family. I'm grateful as painful as it has been that we are trying and trying hard, and I hope God has put it on their hearts to try as well.

I've also been blessed that after a job loss the year before and losing a lot of things that we were able to pay our tax debt that we owe without having to ask for help or rely on our credit card. I'm grateful that our credit card is getting paid off and that my husband was lead to a job that has provided more for us than his original job.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I like the idea a lot, I know i'm brand new, but I don't have a church in this area, and I seem to be on the forum quite *A LOT!*.

Without getting into a lot of detail, my in laws do not like me and have never accepted my marriage to their son. They actually threatened to disown him when he decided to be with me. I've been praying for about two years now for . . . their hearts to open up a bit. My husband called them two days ago, and while I don't think things will ever be a hundred percent fixed, we have opened our hearts to trying to heal a lot of what has gone on. There's been a lot of anger and hurt words and a very broken sense of family. I'm grateful as painful as it has been that we are trying and trying hard, and I hope God has put it on their hearts to try as well.

I've also been blessed that after a job loss the year before and losing a lot of things that we were able to pay our tax debt that we owe without having to ask for help or rely on our credit card. I'm grateful that our credit card is getting paid off and that my husband was lead to a job that has provided more for us than his original job.

I am so very happy you have chosen to 'hang out' with us!!! Hmmmmmm.......Sonata Dusk is close to one of my favorite Beethoven pieces....Moonlight Sonata. Only I would pick that out!:laugh:

It's very difficult with inlaws....or outlaws as my daddy used to call them. They are different backgrounds, certain ideals, or different churches, speaks quietly, etc. You went to the RIGHT SOURCE with this problem! What gets weary is the waiting. The only person we can change is ourselves. Only God can change another person. Sometimes the waiting surpasses our patience. I HATE PATIENCE, but alas, Jesus is sooooo patient with me.

My husband and I still have problems with clashes from our rearing. I came from a loud family. My father was a New York Jewish musician, that turned into a Messianic Jew, Southern Baptist, salesman/business owner, and tomato grower for all of mankind. My mom was a shy, and insecure, never realizing how drop dead gorgeous she was. She always was! She came from a poor southern family. It was 1942, and my mom had a date to go dancing at the hotel ballroom in Mobile, Alabama and my father was in a small combo playing there that night. He took one look at my mom from behind, then turned around and told the drummer, "Hey, I'm going to marry that girl!" Now he says he set out looking for her the next day.....didn't have her name, walked into the drug store where she worked and said loudly, pointing a finger, "So there you are!" My mom hadn't noticed him, but thought he was handsome. Mom finally had to accept a dinner date just to get him out of there before she got fired. She was so nervous as they were going to eat spaghetti and she knew it would wind up on her lap. Daddy ate like a vacuum cleaner.....sucked it down. "Okay," she thought, he has no table manners. File that in the memory banks.

Six days later, he asked my mom, "Would you like to dine with me at the auto-mat in New York?" She said, "Is that a proposal?" He said, "Yes it is." She said, "I accept." So, they ran across the state line to Mississippi and got married. Then Mom was too afraid to tell her parents! (My grandmother still fought the Civil War in her heart, and Daddy was a Yankee!) Well, it was getting to be time for Daddy's combo to head back to New York and Mom HAD to tell her folks. :ohmy:So, my grandmother invited him to dine with them. Daddy was brought up Jewish....he wasn't devout....but he'd pray to God all the time. So, my grandmother asked him to say Grace. He blinked a couple of times and said, "Okay...Grace!" (If she had said the word 'blessing' he would have known what she meant.) Well, my grandmother said, "Oh my God she married a heathen!" :shock:Then they were off to New York! My grandfather, called him Paw Paw, stayed drunk for 2 weeks. My mom was 18 and my daddy was 30. Now if I had done something like that, my folks would have KILLED me! Mom eventually wanted to move back to the south as she found New York City to be as foreign as Venus (within the first 6 months) and told him, "If you love me, you will follow me." She left. It took him 2 weeks, but he followed her and had no regrets. They were married 65 1/2 years before Daddy died.

Mom's parents loved Daddy once they got to know him. They lived with us for most of my childhood/teen years. Daddy had such a big heart. He said we were to always take care of family. He didn't mind. The funny thing was that my grandmother would mostly side with Daddy. There was a time that my grandmother jumped on Daddy for some reason and Mom jumped on my grandmother. Next thing Mom knew, my grandfather stood in the door frame and said, "Sister, don't you talk to your mother like that ever again. You're not too old for me to put you over my knee!" My mother was 33 years old with 2 children at the time. But she never did that again. My grandfather died when I was 8 from cancer. Maw Maw lived with us until I was 18, then shared an apartment with her sister.

We would go and visit Daddy's family for 2 weeks during the summer. Man, it was awesome because to get to the den where the tv was, we had to walk through the kitchen. Maw Maw Bessie (Daddy's Mom) always said, "You hungry? Here, have a cookie!" Talk about a child's dream!!!! My sister and I had a ball! They had immigrated from Russia and Lithuania.

If anyone has a great story or memory about their life growing up, please share!:) I got a very warm fuzzy writing about this. If no one wants to hear about all of this, just tell me. I miss them everyday. They were great.:wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread