The Maganus by Vapeston: How an old dog learned some new tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDude

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2010
Oregon
I don't typically write reviews, but for this tank I really felt the need to write something special.

First let me say, this is absolutely the BEST vape I have exer experienced, and - if you read my long story and review below - you'll understand that is saying quite a bit. The flavor, when you vape direct to lung, is OUTSTANDING, the cloud is AMAZING, the materials are exceptional and high quality, the fill method (I can pour from my glass 60mg bottle directly into the tank) is great, the atomizer is durable (I've been using the first .5 Ohm atty for a month now with zero degradation in performance), the cotton wick keeps going and going. There is literally nothing I can call out as being a negative on this tank, other than you do have to unscrew the base to pour into the tank for refill and the threads may give out over time, but given the quality of the materials, I do not believe that is going to be an issue at all).

If you want a tank that produces CLOUDS of vapor, and leaves you with MOUNTAINS of flavor, then try this tank, seriously. I am not a tank user, I've been enjoying RDA's for the last couple of years. My wife does use tanks and, while I was on my favorite site for buying her supplies (Rock Bottom Vapes), I chatted with the owner to leave feedback for a previous purchase. While we chatted, he suggested that I try the Maganus, because of it's performance and quality, and it being sub ohm. I trust this fellow, he has always proven to be completely committed to satisfying his customers and has always been very honest. He also had to talk me into trying direct-to-lung vaping because, to be very honest, I told him that pigs would be flying on a cold day in heck before I lung hit. When I vape to lung using RDA's and my old juice, I get a sensation of suffocating under water. He explained that I am using too high of a nic concentration (@ 20+%) and that I could get the same satisfaction from a very low nic (3%) and vape direct-to-lung. I didn't believe it, but he had NEVER steered me wrong in the past, so I jumped on it. He even gave me a deal on a low nic juice to get me started - because I have only vaped a single flavor for 5 years now (good old captain black) that I mix myself at high nic concentrations. I think he wanted me to see just what "flavor" is using this tank.

When the tank arrived, it was not without some significant trepidation that I filled it and prepared to cough after a fit of drowning in a direct to lung hit. To my UTTER AMAZEMENT, the vape was awesome, there was no coughing, there was not drowning sensation, just the most satisfying vape I have ever experienced. If you have not tried direct-to-lung, I urge you to switch to a low nic juice and try this tank, it is unbelievable. In years past, people looked for throat hit to simulate cigarettes - which never really did. vaping direct to lungm, with low nic and high air flow, produces a satisfaction on exhale that is as close to smoking a cigarette as one can get, I think - with the added bonus of insane flavors. I can honestly say, that the Maganus and low-nic juice has opened up a new chapter in vaping for me, I can't imagine going back to high nic mouth-to-lung vaping. And I am over 50 years old, and I've been vaping for what I consider to be a very long time, trying most everything as it came along - this tank, is something entirely different.

So, try this tank, you will NOT be disapointed - and consider buying it from this fellow, because when it comes to honesty, customer satisfaction, and his just being there for the customer, there is none better that I've ever found.

Rock Bottom Vapes

Last edited:

SailCat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2009
Beaverton, OR
www.SailCat.com
Hey, McDude, fellow Oregonian here!

I'm using the Freemax Starre tank which is identical in every way (save price) to the Maganus. While I've not tried a great many sub ohm tanks, of the few I've test-driven, this is certainly the better of them. You might check out the Starre if you'd like another, however, as the Maganus costs $36 to $50 depending on vendor while the Starre can be had for a $20 bill with a little shopping around.

Another plus to either is the versatility when replacing coils. Since they're identical (some story about brothers producing the products but who knows?), either will take Starre and/or Maganus coils as well as Atlantis V1, V2, Melo and Herakles coils.

I genuinely enjoyed your writeup/review and hope you consider doing more in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread