RDA The Marquis

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwhitt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2013
Houston
VaporKings.com posted this RDA on their site for sale a few days ago and then removed it. I guess they were supposed to wait for a specific time to release it
I love my Veritas RDA, the best part about the devise is the juice channels that keep the juice from leaking out. It also has great flavor. Looks like the Marquis is based off the Veritas design with some obvious refinements and a lot of very nice machining work. Sure wish the juice channels were still there though.

If I did not already own a Veritas, I would consider this device.

markophonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Michigan
I watched the Busardo video last night and immediately ordered one from Avid.

I like my Veritas but only build single coils on it. This looks like it will be easy to get a nice dual coil setup on without fiddling with the center post and nut etc.

I think Busardo is right about milling out the area in the well...that way if you laid your mod over the juice would flow to that area and not up the side to the air flow holes.

Its a little bit pricey but I really do like the design.

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
I must say this has to be the best RDA I have ever bought when it comes to ease of build and more importantly FLAVOR. It easily out performs (flavor) my trusted Veritas which I didn't think was possible. The draw on it is very quite and smooth as hell. Top it off it is sleek and isn't gaudy like many RDA's these days.
d80eea84ca54ea23621f66cf6c0f72ae.jpg

5b5abba43db7d1f4d1a0ffb92d334a8d.jpg

7e55b9309ab4bcd3a1170c190178dbd5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
I've been using my Marquis for only a few days shy of a month and have yet to find anything about it that isn't top drawer. The exceptional build quality, ease of use and outstanding performance has been a pleasant surprise even when considering the considerable depth of talent, skill and experience of the Marquis creators.

I found these videos about the Marquis to be very informative and helpful.
The Marquis Dripper demo by one of the Marquis designers, Dino Ferrari (strprswpr)
Todd's Marquis RDA review
Field of Vapor (beta tester) Marquis review using Ni200
Marquis Dripper The Real American Muscle - bishop heals
The Marquis Dripper with Vapelyfe - vapingmonkey

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
I've been using my Marquis for only a few days shy of a month and have yet to find anything about it that isn't top drawer. The exceptional build quality, ease of use and outstanding performance has been a pleasant surprise even when considering the considerable depth of talent, skill and experience of the Marquis creators.

I found these videos about the Marquis to be very informative and helpful.
The Marquis Dripper demo by one of the Marquis designers, Dino Ferrari (strprswpr)
Todd's Marquis RDA review
Field of Vapor (beta tester) Marquis review using Ni200
Marquis Dripper The Real American Muscle - bishop heals
The Marquis Dripper with Vapelyfe - vapingmonkey

I'll need to watch those tonight. All of those qualities you mention were apparent when I first saw Phil's video and not knowing about the creators. Design is an evolution and they've advanced what's good about existing RDAs.

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Rick-
Thanks for the pics! Wish I could build like yours.

peraspera-
Great links! Many thanks.

I'm getting closer (piggybank wise) to getting one.

Save that money man, it worth it for sure. As for the build, the coil jigs that come with it make is SO easy. It also doesn't hurt the wraps are 24g which is easy to keep neat.

This RDA is AMAZING!

I'm thinking of getting one of these. I want to use it on a DNA40 using Ni200 wire and rayon for wicking material. Is anyone using this configuration? I'm thinking it's going to be very difficult to wick with rayon and ni200 wire.

That is my goal this weekend, ni200 builds. I figure with dual 4mm ID coils it should work pretty darn well with this RDA.

markophonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Michigan
My Marquis arrived yesterday and I just got a chance to put it together. Relatively easy to build on. The Marquis is a VERY nice and quality built RDA. Dual 28 gauge vertical coils on the 3mm rod...ending up at 0.63 ohms on my Hana DNA 40. I think my coils are a little low compared to the air holes and I think I'll try a 24 gauge build next. Holds a ton of juice and just keeps going...

Two Thumbs Up!

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
I've had one for almost a month now... The flavor is just not there for me ... And it's not great for ni200 builds as there is very little clearance and ni200 builds have a tendency to move and shift due to coil sag...

Gonna try it with kanthal and see if I have better luck

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
I've had one for almost a month now... The flavor is just not there for me ... And it's not great for ni200 builds as there is very little clearance and ni200 builds have a tendency to move and shift due to coil sag...

Gonna try it with kanthal and see if I have better luck

(Gathering knowledge for when I get a DNA40...) They sag in vertical and horizontal configuration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread