The most likely reason your DIY juice sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackH

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2014
United States
Mixing juice is very much like the cooking process. Start with a single ingredient and build flavors from there. If I'm making a pot of chili or spaghetti sauce, I start by sauteing onions in olive oil, then add everything else to the pot one ingredient at a time until I have my delicious dinner.

If I started with a rotten onion, both dishes will taste like crap no matter what I do. I can add more ingredients, reseason, try different seasonings, cook it longer, steep it for a week but it will still be crap because my very first ingredient was awful. If I didn't know my onions were bad, I'd try and try again, then ultimately give up thinking I'm just a bad cook then order in every night.

So many people write a lot trying to help folks who are starting to DIY their own juice with the best of intentions. Problem is they usually recommend you use rotten onions. Then they proceed to tell you how to fix it with saline, EM, AP, steeping, that you are over/underflavoring, not holding your mouth right, need to do a particular voodoo chant etc when all you had to do was wake up and smell your onions.

Making great juice is easy. Buy quality nicotine, PG, and VG. It's really kind of hard to make a bad juice with a good, neutral base. As a newbie, this is where you need to spend a lot of time doing research. If your nicotine tastes like pepper and you don't realize it, guess what... your strawberry cream delight juice tastes like crap. Oh I can help! Try a little EM, 2% saline and microwave it for 5 seconds, then put it in the ultrasonic cleaner to speed steep for 4 hours while standing on 1 foot while playing Beethovens 5th over and over. Wrong.

If you're having a hard time making good juice, I'd bet a lot you're using rotten onions. If you're getting ready to place your first DIY order, buy a clean, flavorless nic! I learned this the hard way. I couldn't make a good juice to save my ..... Then I bought my first clean nic and now I can't make a bad juice. So much time and money wasted!

Make your normal base with no flavors, just nic, PG, and VG and vape it. If it's very close to flavorless, you're good to go. If not, make sure your PG and VG are good by themselves. If so, your nic is the rotten onion. Don't cheap out here, it's the backbone of every juice you'll make. In my opinion, most nicotine isn't clean even though it seems like a majority of folks will tell you it's fine. Do some research, find a clean nic and save yourself all the frustration of dumping your crappy concoctions down the sink!

Now if you'll excuse me, I made myself hungry, gonna go make a pot of chili!

Last edited:

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
@JackH -----------------------------Very well said---I like your "Rotten Onions"-------------------way of describing this problem with making

your own juice-----------the idea of tasting you vg/pg mix without any nicotine or flavor to see if it tastes like GOAT SWEAT to begin with

is very important.....never thought of this myself................add the nicotine and find out by tasting if your mix now tastes like

grandpa's dirty socks----or a very tasty mix on it's own.

Now you begin to add your flavor little by little to see what tasty thing you can make.

BUT by NO MEANS should you make 55 gallons of this stuff with out knowing what it tastes like step by step......

and then pouring it all into the drain.

Great Info in your post------------Thanks............Credits to you!!!!!!

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Mixing juice is very much like the cooking process. Start with a single ingredient and build flavors from there. If I'm making a pot of chili or spaghetti sauce, I start by sauteing onions in olive oil, then add everything else to the pot one ingredient at a time until I have my delicious dinner.

If I started with a rotten onion, both dishes will taste like crap no matter what I do. I can add more ingredients, reseason, try different seasonings, cook it longer, steep it for a week but it will still be crap because my very first ingredient was awful. If I didn't know my onions were bad, I'd try and try again, then ultimately give up thinking I'm just a bad cook then order in every night.

So many people write a lot trying to help folks who are starting to DIY their own juice with the best of intentions. Problem is they usually recommend you use rotten onions. Then they proceed to tell you how to fix it with saline, EM, AP, steeping, that you are over/underflavoring, not holding your mouth right, need to do a particular voodoo chant etc when all you had to do was wake up and smell your onions.

Making great juice is easy. Buy quality nicotine, PG, and VG. It's really kind of hard to make a bad juice with a good, neutral base. As a newbie, this is where you need to spend a lot of time doing research. If your nicotine tastes like pepper and you don't realize it, guess what... your strawberry cream delight juice tastes like crap. Oh I can help! Try a little EM, 2% saline and microwave it for 5 seconds, then put it in the ultrasonic cleaner to speed steep for 4 hours while standing on 1 foot while playing Beethovens 5th over and over. Wrong.

If you're having a hard time making good juice, I'd bet a lot you're using rotten onions. If you're getting ready to place your first DIY order, buy a clean, flavorless nic! I learned this the hard way. I couldn't make a good juice to save my ..... Then I bought my first clean nic and now I can't make a bad juice. So much time and money wasted!

Make your normal base with no flavors, just nic, PG, and VG and vape it. If it's very close to flavorless, you're good to go. If not, make sure your PG and VG are good by themselves. If so, your nic is the rotten onion. Don't cheap out here, it's the backbone of every juice you'll make. In my opinion, most nicotine isn't clean even though it seems like a majority of folks will tell you it's fine. Do some research, find a clean nic and save yourself all the frustration of dumping your crappy concoctions down the sink!

Now if you'll excuse me, I made myself hungry, gonna go make a pot of chili!

Great analogy :thumb:

You can't polish a turd and no matter how much lipstick you put on it, a pig is still a pig.

BTW, when's dinner? You had me at sautéing onions in olive oil. A big pot of chili sounds delicious!

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Great analogy :thumb:

You can't polish a turd and no matter how much lipstick you put on it, a pig is still a pig.

BTW, when's dinner? You had me at sautéing onions in olive oil. A big pot of chili sounds delicious!

This is exactly what I started to think Chilli sounds good------------------that's 2 guests and original poster JackH----eating Chilli together

should we get more people and just rent a meeting hall-----what state shall we hold this vapers Chilli Dinner in ?

To be fair it should be close to JackH's----------house the Chilli was his idea..............

Reactions: Kenna and B2L

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Agreed!
Except for the 1-footed Beethoven. That is a crucial ingredient in my RY4, as it makes the caramel molecules do a happy dance with the Nic, and that's why it changes color. For anything custard, you have to play "Eruption" or "Panama" at least once a day.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Agreed!
Except for the 1-footed Beethoven. That is a crucial ingredient in my RY4, as it makes the caramel molecules do a happy dance with the Nic, and that's why it changes color. For anything custard, you have to play "Eruption" or "Panama" at least once a day.

hahahahahahahahahahah--good one................

Reactions: Kenna

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Agreed!

Playing Eruption at full volume helps any juice. Fuel by Metallica works as well ;)

Last edited:

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Would OP like to share their clean source of ingredients? Would be really appreciated. The stuff I have now tastes peppery and leaves a bitter taste on my lips even at 3mg nice.

I'm not the OP but will chime in. I use Nude Nicotine base and at the 15 mg/ml level I mix it's extremely pure tasting, almost non existent flavor in and of itself to me other than a slight sweetness (100% VG base).

I've heard great things about Vapers Tek but have enough NN to last quite awhile so I haven't ordered any (yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread