RDA The Mutation X RDA, WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blind Squirrel

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
I placed my order at King of Vapor around 1:00pm Tuesday. My bank account was debited around 9:00pm last night. No shipment notice yet. This is one of the slowest orders I've had yet.

Weird. The guy at the shop that was showing his off had gotten it from them and said it showed up 2 days after he ordered it. I ordered mine from them at 7pm last night. We'll see how long this takes.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Alright, all set Delaware vaper has the drip tips still

Just ordered the chuff and the mutation.

Right on brother, worst comes to worse, you'll just have another chuff! I'll be sure to let you know as soon as mine get in! At least that way your hopes won't be up for too long :p.

I'm 98% positive it'll fit though, I mean, this thing is basically a Tobh clone, with professionally drilled holes lol.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I did a double take at first when I saw it. Looked like my TOBH. Don't laugh at my drill hole. The bit slipped on me. Next time I'm center punching the holes and line them up real nice.

RGumJrdl.jpg

jwkAN39l.jpg

LMAO nice! For the cost of a drill bit, you can just upgrade the Tobh to the Mutation! I'm half tempted to order another 28.5 mm Tobh and make myself a MEGA mutation X lol. That'd be exactly what I'm hoping for!

Those drill holes aren't bad man, good lookin'! :2cool:

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I'm so glad someone finally said something lmao as soon as I saw this atty the first thing that popped into my head was that youtube video where the dude is talking about how he drilled out his atty and kept improving it until he came up with the design he was showing off in the video on top of his xxix. If I'm not mistaken the pictures you posted are of the stages of development he went through before finally landing on the staggered airflow design to create a Venturi effect. I think the makers of this atty owe that guy some seriously overdue royalty checks :)

I'm so glad someone finally said something lmao as soon as I saw this atty the first thing that popped into my head was that youtube video where the dude is talking about how he drilled out his atty and kept improving it until he came up with the design he was showing off in the video on top of his xxix. If I'm not mistaken the pictures you posted are of the stages of development he went through before finally landing on the staggered airflow design to create a Venturi effect. I think the makers of this atty owe that guy some seriously overdue royalty checks :)

Yep! :D good eye! The top one is (The vape sheriff on YouTube) that guy from Cloud Chasers Incorporated (nice guy), the bottom two are all me (I haven't wanted to drill that many holes just yet, because I don't have a drill press, and this is airy enough as it is. If you add more than 10 holes, it's not enjoyable anymore (unless you have a dual 26650 mod, which I'm waiting for in the mail! hehe Can't wait for my BFM!), it's basically only good for competition if you get above 1/2 (or in my case 5/8th's).

I'm flattered you mistook my atty's for some CCI ones though :D, these are older pictures, and I've gotten my craft down MUUUCH better, these are kinda ugly.

But Kurt didn't really come up with the idea, there's been so many vapers in the past that have gone for the cyclone effect, and all sorts of others. (I have an atty that slants all the holes upwards, straight into the drip tip, it has quite the noticeable difference!) Your right though, CCI is most known for their drilled out patriots and stuff, they don't do it quite like the mutation, but they actually do it in a more clever "staircase" style way.

You can buy them here if your interested: metrovaporshop
Although they're technically "CCI Militia Atty's" :lol:.

For me currently, my favorite drilled atty has a thicker "cyclops" style slot that fits perfectly in front of the coils, and then 3 smaller 1/16th" holes staggered at a 45 diagonal, I don't like having alot of airflow that isn't in front of the coils, I feel like I get more of the best of both worlds when I have a majority of the airflow in front of the coils.

For this Mutation, I think I'm going to combine the bottom three holes into a slot just like that atty. I don't have a pic of it, but it's kinda like below with more Venturi holes.

K4nJ0Ta.png

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I placed my order at King of Vapor around 1:00pm Tuesday. My bank account was debited around 9:00pm last night. No shipment notice yet. This is one of the slowest orders I've had yet.

*UPDATE* I just called Kings of Vapors about my order (still hasn't shipped). The guy told me that they are swamped with orders for this RDA (500 in the last 2 days alone). He said they are working as quickly as they can with the staff they have to get them all shipped out. He also told me to call them back Monday if it hasn't shipped by then.

Blind Squirrel

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
*UPDATE* I just called Kings of Vapors about my order (still hasn't shipped). The guy told me that they are swamped with orders for this RDA (500 in the last 2 days alone). He said they are working as quickly as they can with the staff they have to get them all shipped out. He also told me to call them back Monday if it hasn't shipped by then.

Sounds right. The guy that was showing me his is often way ahead of the curve when it comes to "latest-greatest" gear. I'm guessing he ordered it The first day or two that they had them. Time to hurry-up and wait. :unsure:

BlownFuze

Jan 19, 2014
Orlando, FL
I ordered mine on Wednesday from the link in the OP - Kings of Vapor. I received an email immediately after submitting my order, purchase confirmation, and no emails since.
It arrived in the mail today - so even though the communication was lax, it did process and ship quickly.
Cleaned it up, and threw a dual coil with 24ga on it...

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

My initial impressions:

1. Very easy to build on - The wire holes are nice and big and the screws crank down good.
2. The airflow is superb.
3. The o-rings seal well, without being too tight - the top cap slides on and off with ease.
4. It makes good flavor - not great but still very good. Let's be honest though... this thing is primarily for clouds, and it does that extremely well.

That's just my 2 cents. I am very happy with this purchase, not disappointed at all (unlike some others I've made. lol).

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I ordered mine on Wednesday from the link in the OP - Kings of Vapor. I received an email immediately after submitting my order, purchase confirmation, and no emails since.
It arrived in the mail today - so even though the communication was lax, it did process and ship quickly.
Cleaned it up, and threw a dual coil with 24ga on it...

View attachment 365552 View attachment 365553 View attachment 365554 View attachment 365555 View attachment 365556

My initial impressions:

1. Very easy to build on - The wire holes are nice and big and the screws crank down good.
2. The airflow is superb.
3. The o-rings seal well, without being too tight - the top cap slides on and off with ease.
4. It makes good flavor - not great but still very good. Let's be honest though... this thing is primarily for clouds, and it does that extremely well.

That's just my 2 cents. I am very happy with this purchase, not disappointed at all (unlike some others I've made. lol).

Glad you like it brother! Thanks so much for the pics man, and a nice build at that. Like you I've found that the flavor is lacking because of the airflow, BUT I couldn't care less :p. Because it PERFORMS LIKE A CLOUD MONSTER! :D, I've never drilled this much airflow in any atty I've ever had, but I think I'm going to start, because it wasn't at all whispy when wide the heck open (like I thought it was going to be), especially when you have a super-subohm build in it!

Just recently (using some 20ga Gplat Haywire) I put a 0.06 build in'er, and she PUT OUT. Oh my goodness that's where she shines, whenever you put a frankly "crazy/ridiculous" build in this thing. For starters, usually on builds this, if I take a pull any longer than...about 2 seconds, which is decently long with how fast it heats up, I'll start to get a little cooking and burning. Well, using this magical airflow, I realized it cools it down simultaneously enough to make it so I can pretty much inhale as long as there's still juice!

It's insane, this is going to up the game for cloud competitions I have a feeling, because any old joe can be a pro clouder if they have the mulah. But I think that's awesome, I've seriously emptied an atty's worth of juice into my lungs with this bad boy. To the point where it makes me cough, just because there's 7 drops of eliquid worth in my lungs :lol:, I dig it.

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
still no email... waiting on mine ! Can you guys let me know if the tobh top cap / fins fit in this thing.

Just received mine yesterday after ordering it last Monday. I never received a shipping/tracking email.

My TOBH top cap does fit the X but it is a clone so if you have an authentic, I'm not sure. However, you will lose the AFC tabs plus, I prefer the top cap that came with the X as the veins are thinner on the heat sink allowing for faster dissipation of heat.

Blind Squirrel

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Important update! Just compared compatibility of my Mutation X and my Tobh Atty v2.5. No parts are interchangeable! Also, my Chuff Enuff top cap isn't even close to fitting my Mutation X. My friend's Mutation X was basically interchangeable with the Tobh Atty . I'm guessing the Mutation X (being made in China) is manufactured by several facilities and this causes inconsistencies. Mine has thicker chamber walls and a smaller inner diameter than my Tobh. The other Mutation X I inspected had slightly thinner walls and nearly the same inner diameter as my Tobh. :glare:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread