Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncletattoowhat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2014
Poquoson, VA
dang man, my chuff don't fit. :( Time to modify the chuff I guess.

Modified my fasttech chuff clone to fit. Removed the o-ring and took 30 seconds with a dremel. Now its a nice friction fit. My only complaint is now I can't adjust airflow depending on my mood at all. Hopefully someone comes out with a mutation x specific chuff clone soon lol.

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
Yep! :D good eye! The top one is (The vape sheriff on YouTube) that guy from Cloud Chasers Incorporated (nice guy), the bottom two are all me (I haven't wanted to drill that many holes just yet, because I don't have a drill press, and this is airy enough as it is. If you add more than 10 holes, it's not enjoyable anymore (unless you have a dual 26650 mod, which I'm waiting for in the mail! hehe Can't wait for my BFM!), it's basically only good for competition if you get above 1/2 (or in my case 5/8th's).

I'm flattered you mistook my atty's for some CCI ones though :D, these are older pictures, and I've gotten my craft down MUUUCH better, these are kinda ugly.

But Kurt didn't really come up with the idea, there's been so many vapers in the past that have gone for the cyclone effect, and all sorts of others. (I have an atty that slants all the holes upwards, straight into the drip tip, it has quite the noticeable difference!) Your right though, CCI is most known for their drilled out patriots and stuff, they don't do it quite like the mutation, but they actually do it in a more clever "staircase" style way.

You can buy them here if your interested: metrovaporshop
Although they're technically "CCI Militia Atty's" :lol:.

For me currently, my favorite drilled atty has a thicker "cyclops" style slot that fits perfectly in front of the coils, and then 3 smaller 1/16th" holes staggered at a 45 diagonal, I don't like having alot of airflow that isn't in front of the coils, I feel like I get more of the best of both worlds when I have a majority of the airflow in front of the coils.

For this Mutation, I think I'm going to combine the bottom three holes into a slot just like that atty. I don't have a pic of it, but it's kinda like below with more Venturi holes.

K4nJ0Ta.png
Exactly, the holes he finally landed on in the video, where he seemed to be happy with the outcome, sort of looked like a golf club. There was like a row on the bottom to hit the coil and then some holes punched in at about a 45-70 degree angle coming up from the base holes to create the Venturi effect. Really a great design I thought and I'd be really surprised if the mutation wasn't directly influenced by that very YouTube video or at least the words of someone who had seen it...

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
Yep! :D good eye! The top one is (The vape sheriff on YouTube) that guy from Cloud Chasers Incorporated (nice guy), the bottom two are all me (I haven't wanted to drill that many holes just yet, because I don't have a drill press, and this is airy enough as it is. If you add more than 10 holes, it's not enjoyable anymore (unless you have a dual 26650 mod, which I'm waiting for in the mail! hehe Can't wait for my BFM!), it's basically only good for competition if you get above 1/2 (or in my case 5/8th's).

I'm flattered you mistook my atty's for some CCI ones though :D, these are older pictures, and I've gotten my craft down MUUUCH better, these are kinda ugly.

But Kurt didn't really come up with the idea, there's been so many vapers in the past that have gone for the cyclone effect, and all sorts of others. (I have an atty that slants all the holes upwards, straight into the drip tip, it has quite the noticeable difference!) Your right though, CCI is most known for their drilled out patriots and stuff, they don't do it quite like the mutation, but they actually do it in a more clever "staircase" style way.

You can buy them here if your interested: metrovaporshop
Although they're technically "CCI Militia Atty's" :lol:.

For me currently, my favorite drilled atty has a thicker "cyclops" style slot that fits perfectly in front of the coils, and then 3 smaller 1/16th" holes staggered at a 45 diagonal, I don't like having alot of airflow that isn't in front of the coils, I feel like I get more of the best of both worlds when I have a majority of the airflow in front of the coils.

For this Mutation, I think I'm going to combine the bottom three holes into a slot just like that atty. I don't have a pic of it, but it's kinda like below with more Venturi holes.

K4nJ0Ta.png
hmm, that looks just like my halo cap for my patriot but with an added hole drilled out after market.

just got this atty yesterday and I love it! 30 bucks is a steal for basically a pre drilled tobh. I never was a fan of the tobh logo either so I like that it is blank and it looks super flush with my brass stingray and hybrid adapter. I'm using the nylon and steel drip tip that came with my infinite CATs clone and it looks and feels awesome. The only complaint I have is the o rings between the base and top cap. They are VERY lose. Practically fall off loose. I mean, if i turn it upside down it won't fall off but if I accidentally grab it slightly by the atty it does, and I have to be extra careful removing it from a case with an elastic band. So far I have tried many different o rings that I had lying around from other rbas and nothing fits. Everything I've tried makes it too tight to put the cap on at all.

So my question is, has anyone replaced the o rings and if so which size did you use?

bholcomb22

Verified Member
May 13, 2014
Denver, CO
just got this atty yesterday and I love it! 30 bucks is a steal for basically a pre drilled tobh. I never was a fan of the tobh logo either so I like that it is blank and it looks super flush with my brass stingray and hybrid adapter. I'm using the nylon and steel drip tip that came with my infinite CATs clone and it looks and feels awesome. The only complaint I have is the o rings between the base and top cap. They are VERY lose. Practically fall off loose. I mean, if i turn it upside down it won't fall off but if I accidentally grab it slightly by the atty it does, and I have to be extra careful removing it from a case with an elastic band. So far I have tried many different o rings that I had lying around from other rbas and nothing fits. Everything I've tried makes it too tight to put the cap on at all.

So my question is, has anyone replaced the o rings and if so which size did you use?

I know a few people have wrapped dental floss under the o ring to make it fit better. I have no issues with mine

jaxgator

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Got a mutation x and I find it very airy even with the holes completely closed...

Maybe I got a did I'm kind of disappointed with mine... But hey if you like very airy you'll love it lol

I should say thought that I'm pretty good at coil building however my wicking could use some with...

So my problem with the x could be my own fault lol

Your post in the Gen section.

I find the mutation x to be extremely airy... Even with all air holes closed I can easily draw through it...

I suppose it needs some air flow but it seems like more than necessary...

Gonna try changing my orings but from what I've read it is very airy...

I get good flavor though

Let me quote what I already posted to you about the MX in reply to your previous post, shall I?

"Even with all air holes closed I can easily draw through it" YHGTBSM! I'd been dripping all night and decided to throw a little 5 Pawns CLR in for a few flavorful nite cap hits. I closed it down to 1 hole per side. It felt so restrictive to me. I toned down my lung hits and started doing mouth to lung hits on it and it was still restrictive but oh so flavorful.

If you can't close down the MX enough, something is wrong with your build imo.

johndoe1027

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2014
NC, USA
20141023_180940-1.jpg

LOVE MY MX!!!! :laugh:

I picked up a Chuff style tip yesterday (assumed it's for a Tobh but didn't ask, they just had small and large). The cap was too large to fit into my MX, but not by much. No worries, making something smaller is way easier than making it bigger.

After 10 min of sanding with 150 grit sandpaper I wish I had used 100 grit but now it fits nice and snug. Haven't got an o-ring that's perfect yet. After sanding it down the tip has the slightest taper to it and the last 1/32" gives it a nice press fit.

My build (parallel 24ga @ 0.14) was too hot with the stock MX tip and the tip that came with my Stingray mod but now it's nice and cool. I was so used to a restricted flow that the first dozen draws left me wanting a little more restriction. I was running out of lung capacity on the inhale in like 2 seconds flat. Then I realized I could draw slower, it still doesn't get hot and man oh man the clouds are silly. I'm not one for machismo or competition (usually) but I was at a vape shop recently and someone was there asking his buddy to video a cloud for him. He was using the Congestus stacked 26650 mod and made a big deal about it, tried his hardest, stood up all straight, chest out the whole 9... it maybe equaled a 1.5 second cloud off the MX (with a single 18650 in a mech mod). I was headed out the door anyway. We're both happy with our gear and that's all that matters. :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread