The new caravela clone sigelei 8w

Status
Not open for further replies.

floatingtrem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Brushed the steel, polished the brass, and shortened the throw on the switch: very happy.

8wfinish.jpg

ebhomepc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
United Kingdom
Brushed the steel, polished the brass, and shortened the throw on the switch: very happy.

8wfinish.jpg

So can you confirm that the 8w is steel as some people think its crome plated brass? And were did you buy yours from? Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

dyebartdie

Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
So-Cal
www.ash-photos.com
View attachment 237573

I'm definitely getting another #8w and ithaka clone :evil: i put an SG-1 between my ithy clone and 8w body. Steel tanks have already been ordered...

update: I took off the section above the clear window of Ithaka and the top cap threads onto the window! i read that the oddy mouthpiece is a lil shorter and you lose 2mm of juice control adjustment (i don't get that juicy)... definitely ordering one of those to complete my super shortmode ithaka 8w

Where did you order the steel tank from?

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
IMG_1374.jpg

Nice little mod, dont love the play/throw of the bottom button, but will likely tweak it as mentioned above. The overly large top cap (due to ego threads) looks better than i was expecting.

For size reference of the 18350 tube:
IMG_1375.jpg

Now i just need my IBTanked Halfling to slap on it and it should be perfect for the pocket.

Last edited:

walt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2011
Foresthill, Ca
Where did you order the steel tank from?

I got a couple steel tanks from a guy on facebook for $45 shipped from Greece.

Now i just need my IBTanked Halfling to slap on it and it should be perfect for the pocket.

the halfling 22 looks great on the 8w! I have an hh357 in mine, got the polished ss caps. it looks a LOT better without the topcap imo.

ChristopherJamesTCB

Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
REDONDO BEACH, CA
Also ordered one from 101 Vape earlier today with 20%off coupon.. not sure if it still works but the code was july20off. Total with an igo-w was like $40.

My first mechanical mod (i'm a noob but i've done my homework. Multimeter, IMRs and fuse ready). Does anyone know if a fuse will fit with a button top 18350 in this?

pastubbs

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2013
Chattanooga, TN USA
pastubbs.com
For all you people that have the #8w 18650 and the #19 I have a #19 with an extra button and top cap I was wondering if I just get the #8w tube and use the button and top cap off the #19 will a battery still fit I notice it looks a bit shorter then the #19 tube.

Edit: I was thinking of getting a 18650 tube or will the tube fit the inner tube of the 19 to hide the gap when using the 19 in 18650 mode. Or should I just bite the bullet and just get an 18650 mod that gap bothers me. Its just that I have these extra top cap and buttons for the 19 and they sell the 8w tubes for $8.

Last edited:

floatingtrem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Does anyone know if a fuse will fit with a button top 18350 in this?
Should be room.

For all you people that have the #8w 18650 and the #19 I have a #19 with an extra button and top cap I was wondering if I just get the #8w tube and use the button and top cap off the #19 will a battery still fit I notice it looks a bit shorter then the #19 tube.

Edit: I was thinking of getting a 18650 tube or will the tube fit the inner tube of the 19 to hide the gap when using the 19 in 18650 mode. Or should I just bite the bullet and just get an 18650 mod that gap bothers me. Its just that I have these extra top cap and buttons for the 19 and they sell the 8w tubes for $8.
I don't think the 8W tube is long enough. The battery sticks out.

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
Also ordered one from 101 Vape earlier today with 20%off coupon.. not sure if it still works but the code was july20off. Total with an igo-w was like $40.

My first mechanical mod (i'm a noob but i've done my homework. Multimeter, IMRs and fuse ready). Does anyone know if a fuse will fit with a button top 18350 in this?

Bro- You rock! Thanks for sharing that code. I was able to get the new Kanger Pro Tank 2 from them which is going to look sweet on this mod. It was $18 after shipping.

K-Woodz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Huntington Beach CA
A couple opinions based on the 1 i just received:

-It feels great in the hand.
-The threads are super good. They make this almost smooth "zipping" type of sound because they are so smooth. i dont know how else to describe it.
-it hits hard
-it looks awesome in 18350 mode with a nimbus on top.

Problems:

-The top cap is overly big because of the lame ego threads, i dont like that it is a 2 piece either, it makes it feel cheaper.
-the button
-the button
-the button

The button is stiff and kind of grindy to push. Its the worse part of the whole mech. As soon as i find the right pliers to disassemble the button assembly, im replacing the spring and polishing the sides of the button.

Last edited:

K-Woodz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Huntington Beach CA
Placed an order today for one at vapor tek. I also got the 350 tube with it. Shipped and should be here Monday. Cant wait!

Does anyone have some picks of their sanded buttons to shorten the throw?

This is just a guess, but i believe once you break the glue free on the bottom pin, it will be able to adjust in and out slightly to effect the throw. Not sure yet, i got mine a tiny bit loose, but its still glued in tight, and it def shortened the throw a bit.

floatingtrem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Does anyone have some picks of their sanded buttons to shorten the throw?
Here you go:
8wbutton.jpg

This is just a guess, but i believe once you break the glue free on the bottom pin, it will be able to adjust in and out slightly to effect the throw. Not sure yet, i got mine a tiny bit loose, but its still glued in tight, and it def shortened the throw a bit.
You may be right, but loosening the screw may also just leave you with a loose button. I'm sure we'll find out. Personally I just couldn't be bothered to take the switch assembly apart, and don't mind making it a permanent mod.

Last edited:

Mozzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Rohnert Park CA, USA
There's actually a double screw in the top cap. What I do is the following - without adjusting the bottom pin at all:
- Back the bigger diameter screw in the top cap out until the atty sits flush. Note: it's kind of hard to grab the bigger one, I just use my fingernails.
- With the atty on and flush, tighten the bigger one until it's firm. Again, with my nails.
- If there's any battery rattle, back out the smaller / inner screw until the rattle is gone

Works well, with all seams in the tube flush, as well as the atty, and all with great conductivity.

Edit: I quoted the wrong reply, so I just removed it. The above info is for those who are trying to adjust battery clearance with the bottom pin / button.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread