With RSST and AC9

Mozzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Rohnert Park CA, USA
You gotta brush those suckers.

heheh I did the opposite, actually. took some 2000 grit paper and brass polish to 'em. It's not the best photo so you can't see, but the brass is close to mirror. A little more work and they will be. Contemplating doing the same with the attys.. hmmm nah

floatingtrem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
heheh I did the opposite, actually. took some 2000 grit paper and brass polish to 'em. It's not the best photo so you can't see, but the brass is close to mirror. A little more work and they will be. Contemplating doing the same with the attys.. hmmm nah
Oh the brass looks great! I'm saying you should brush the steel tube to match the atties.

K-Woodz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Huntington Beach CA
You may be right, but loosening the screw may also just leave you with a loose button. I'm sure we'll find out. Personally I just couldn't be bothered to take the switch assembly apart, and don't mind making it a permanent mod.

how does your modification effect the overall stiffness of the button. Does it feel improved due to the shorter throw? I cant get over how stiff that spring is. It makes my k100 button feel like butter.

floatingtrem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
how does your modification effect the overall stiffness of the button. Does it feel improved due to the shorter throw? I cant get over how stiff that spring is. It makes my k100 button feel like butter.
I'll admit it's still just as stiff, but it doesn't really bother me with the shorter throw.

blowingclouds

Apr 16, 2013
L.A.
Has anyone posted voltage drops on 8w? People claim .15-.2 drop but i would like someone to actually do a video review of it or tell me their own experience with their setup batteries and so on. Every video that reviews the 8w never post voltage drop. I would like a performance review from someone who owns one. Thanks! Before i drop money on another P.o.s sigelei i.e. 19 was crap even when modded. And how does the 8w compare to ehpro vela clone assuming most people here don't have one because they are 3 times as much as the 8w. Thanks to anyone who can chime in. Btw i do sub ohm vaping so its performance is critical.

cowfood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2012
Raleigh
Has anyone posted voltage drops on 8w? People claim .15-.2 drop but i would like someone to actually do a video review of it or tell me their own experience with their setup batteries and so on. Every video that reviews the 8w never post voltage drop. I would like a performance review from someone who owns one. Thanks! Before i drop money on another P.o.s sigelei i.e. 19 was crap even when modded. And how does the 8w compare to ehpro vela clone assuming most people here don't have one because they are 3 times as much as the 8w. Thanks to anyone who can chime in. Btw i do sub ohm vaping so its performance is critical.

EHpro vela (or bagua) clone is leagues ahead. Litecigusa has them. Or if you get verified there will most likely be a 2nd coop run on these here (ehpro) version - $45 litecig is $85..

-CF

cowfood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2012
Raleigh
All I can say is ... with the switch.. No one has opened it up yet? That speaks volumes as to why this clone is one to reconsider. Just fyi, the ridges on the "screw" on the switch are so you can use your fingers to adjust it on a real Caravela. I said "screw" as I guess this is a glued on part with this mod? Maybe a glued screw? If someone does get this off I hope you can re-assemble it and if so, you can replace the spring that is causing your pinky's to blister...

-CF

blowingclouds

Apr 16, 2013
L.A.
EHpro vela (or bagua) clone is leagues ahead. Litecigusa has them. Or if you get verified there will most likely be a 2nd coop run on these here (ehpro) version - $45 litecig is $85..

-CF
Thanks cowfood, I've been outta of the clone scene for awhile, since they started popping up with all these newer better built clones i've been itching to get something that performs very close to my gp paps or sentinel. Tired of spending money on something expensive. Funds are low these days when you spend it all on vape gear then hear about a good clone that beats out my expensive mod. I don't care
about looks anymore its all about performance/function/price ratio. I've tried all kinds of mods, and what it comes down to is how well your build is and how well Nothing is perfect even for the euro/flip mods.

cowfood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2012
Raleigh
Thanks cowfood, I've been outta of the clone scene for awhile, since they started popping up with all these newer better built clones i've been itching to get something that performs very close to my gp paps or sentinel. Tired of spending money on something expensive. Funds are low these days when you spend it all on vape gear then hear about a good clone that beats out my expensive mod. I don't care
about looks anymore its all about performance/function/price ratio. I've tried all kinds of mods, and what it comes down to is how well your build is and how well Nothing is perfect even for the euro/flip mods.

The ehpro vela clone has a wobble switch, you have to lock every time you set it down. Other than that, it performs on par with high end mods. I actually own a real caravela and prefer the ehpro for daily use. Never a miss fire. Also have a few chi you's and a paps 2.5... The Ehpro is in daily rotation.

-CF

K-Woodz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Huntington Beach CA

The video I saw on YouTube had a voltage test. The user name was "tatterz" or something to that effect.

Mackhaio5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
I don't know if anyone posted it up yet but here it is fully dissembled
I polished all the contact points on the 510 and battery to mirror hits faster and harder then before tested it on a battery ive been vaping on for 5 hours

the 510 connection is fully adjustable to get a full flush mount on any device if anyone haven't mentioned it yet

a clean with toothpaste and toothbrush really brings out the shine and cleans all the threads. I can safe and unsafe the device with one flick now

blowingclouds

Apr 16, 2013
L.A.
I don't know if anyone posted it up yet but here it is fully dissembled
I polished all the contact points on the 510 and battery to mirror hits faster and harder then before tested it on a battery ive been vaping on for 5 hours

the 510 connection is fully adjustable to get a full flush mount on any device if anyone haven't mentioned it yet

a clean with toothpaste and toothbrush really brings out the shine and cleans all the threads. I can safe and unsafe the device with one flick now

Thanks for the breakdown. Here is the pic of my friends newest mod. The ORIGIN. Hits very well is it worth it?probably not, but look wise its very nice looking. Now if the 8w or any other clone can come close, remember this mod only has brass contacts and hits quite good, I've tried the ehpro cara clone before but wasn't impressed i mean its good but if the 8w comes close to giving me the same hit then its worth the beater price. 20130803_133642[1].jpg

blowingclouds

Apr 16, 2013
L.A.
The video I saw on YouTube had a voltage test. The user name was "tatterz" or something to that effect.

Yea kwoods i looked at that video but missed out on his voltage test the first time around. 3.97 off 4.12 batts isnt too shabby. Maybe i'll pick one up now. Since i really wanted an ea clone because that mod is absolutely amazing! But websites selling it for way too much and i missed out on the group buy. Thanks for directing me to that video. I need to try this mod out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread