The New Ce2+ Supreme Fluxomizers are now In Stock!!! 510 & 808 both sizes and ohms, Easy fill system included

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I've always done that if I could see a coil or bridge. It's still a good tip tho. I'm new to the ce2, so its something ill keep in mind when I get home (my ce2 are at the house but I won't be there for a couple days yet). I hope by then Bad has the pic uploaded by then so i can mod it and put one in my tank :D they'll fit into a SMOKtech DCT tank - 3.5ml right?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Also, if you're getting Dry Hit, try "Tilting".

MrWarspite

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
I figured out where the burning taste was coming from. I loaded another one up and its rocking!

That top soft plug was touching the coil itself and burning the rubber on it.

burning.jpg

nvmedjpain

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2010
I know Bad is busy as Hell, so I'm asking the gotvapes family to help out in his place if you can. Talking about modding the ce2 to use in a SMOKtech DCT Tank - 3.5ml. Bad told me what to do and was gonna post a pic so i would get it right(yes I'm still a noob), but like I said I know he's busy.

It's just a few post back, (what I'm talking about) so if anyone else could step in that would be great. If not, no worries ill just wait till Bad has a few minutes. :)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I know Bad is busy as Hell, so I'm asking the gotvapes family to help out in his place if you can. Talking about modding the ce2 to use in a SMOKtech DCT Tank - 3.5ml. Bad told me what to do and was gonna post a pic so i would get it right(yes I'm still a noob), but like I said I know he's busy.

It's just a few post back, (what I'm talking about) so if anyone else could step in that would be great. If not, no worries ill just wait till Bad has a few minutes. :)

The tank I have, which is home made, I cut the tube a little different.

I make 2 60-deg cuts with a Exacto Knife in the CE2 tube like I was cutting down a tree

|---|
|---|
|---|
|---|
>--<
|---|

More of a Slit than a Wedge Cut.

Or you can cut a Hole on the Tube by putting the point of the blade onto the tube and twisting the blade. The problem with this is you'll probably get little chips of the tube material in the tube when your finished.

You could also heat up a Coat Hanger or Old Drill Bit on a Stove and Melt a Hold thru the Plastic. Just be sure to hold the Coat Hanger or Drill Bit in Pliers. It gets Hot Quick.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Last edited:

MrWarspite

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
man, whats most impressive about these is the warmth of the vapor, just down at 4 volts they are very warm. Too much voltage and a burning taste comes in.

Why would you tank one of these, they already hold nearly 2 ml's of juice. Doesnt seem worth the hassle when they are so easy to refill.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
man, whats most impressive about these is the warmth of the vapor, just down at 4 volts they are very warm. Too much voltage and a burning taste comes in.

Why would you tank one of these, they already hold nearly 2 ml's of juice. Doesnt seem worth the hassle when they are so easy to refill.

It's a Good hit isn't it. Very Simplar to an Atty but with less Hassle.

Just remember to "Tilt" if you're getting Burnt Tasting Hits. It helps.

VapingMattCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
West Palm Beach, FL
I got my 3 boxes of the new CE-2s. Took one out of the pack without cleaning and doing a dry burn. I filled it and didn't get that nasty burnt taste but it didn't wick fast enough. I removed the new gasket thing and used one of the old black o-rings that I trimmed the center out of and it worked great. I like how the gap between the mouth piece and the o-ring/cup seal is now gone. This removes a space where condensation can build up in. I have also noticed that the battery connector is now dry. With the old ones condensation used to make its way down there. The flavor was a bit muted but improved when it was 1/2 full. These are for sure better than the old ones.

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
I've been using a new fluxo since last night

I *really* like the higher cup, the vapor is warmer, and somehow it just pops a bit more. I usually take 5-7 s drags, and I'm taking 2-3 second long drags on my Riva 901 and i'm fogging out the living room (these are 2.4-2.6 but I haven't metered them yet)

I got some nasty hits in the beginning, not sure if they were dry, or just primer. That's pretty much gone away.

I do seem to be outpacing the wick a bit more than usual, fixed by tilting as zoidman and others have noted.

I ended up ditching the nipple plug for now, as I'm using a cartomizer cap (I'm not usually a fan of drip tips). Though a standard carto mouthpiece worked fine with the nipple. I just wanted to make sure the nipple wasn't pinching the wicks. On the next fill I'll use the new seal and see what happens.

There's a lot of variability in fluxos wowing people, and infuriating people. I think a lot of this comes down to:

1) How fast are you vaping? Faster vaping can outpace the wick

2) Watts. Higher wattage can outpace the wick

3) Position: Tilting regularly improves wicking, vaping horizontally makes it a non issue

4) Juice viscosity: I use high VG and I've noticed that when my wicks get older, thinner, and a bit shredded they actually work better for high VG. I'm not suggesting anyone take a hacksaw to their brand new wicks, but if you're using more than 30% VG (I use 50-75% VG 99% of the time) gentle modification is something to consider. This seems to be in line with what others have suggested for high VG wicking in other clearos (Lord Davon for one, correct me if I'm wrong)

5) What's more irritating to you? The taste of dry polyfill and having to top off a carto? Or the taste of dry coil and having to tilt your carto :)

All in all, I chain vape, long hard hits, use high VG juice, prefer the lower resistance, volts run from 3.7-4.2 or 5.5ish if I pull out my Puck freshly charged, and I'd probably go back to analogs if I was denied my fluxomizers. I swear by these things.

vapidkitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Oz Tropics
I figured out where the burning taste was coming from. I loaded another one up and its rocking!

That top soft plug was touching the coil itself and burning the rubber on it.

View attachment 94575

Hey MrWarspite, another suggestion - Harmonic and jinko recommended cutting the inside 'cup' out of 'em (the bit on yours that has the burnt spot, so the silicone isn't as close to the coil) - worked a treat for me. I used needle nosed scissors from my dissection kit, but the guys reckoned nail clippers or scissors worked, too.

Aras

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
USA Pennsylvania
thevaporchef.com
I ordered a pack of each ohm rating in XL last night, should be here in a few days. I'm still looking for an out of the box no poly carto... The filling situation is also something that concerns my friends. They don't like the syringes and applicator tip bottles. Too creepy and drug like to them. If I can just pop the top and fluff the wick with these it may be ok for me. Even trimming the rubber is fine, as long as it's easier than the last batch and no needle like items are involved.

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
I did end up opening up the wick slots on mine. I really like being able to lay my PV on it's side. I broke my ming DT yesterday morning, before the mail came, because I had to stand the PV up and it fell top first off the table. :( I get a little bit of a funny taste with these compared to the steel ones, so I'll try it with the black ring to see whether it's the tube or the seal. I DIY and don't use more than 5% flavor so my juice is sensitive to variables.

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
Daisy is this your first fill on this particular fluxo? It often takes me at least until the second for things to break in and for funny tastes to go bye bye. I also DIY 99% of what I vape, so I feel ya on this :) The silicon on the stardust is the bane of my existence right now, its wrecking all my juices lol. Gonna go deal with that right now actually.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I ordered a pack of each ohm rating in XL last night, should be here in a few days. I'm still looking for an out of the box no poly carto... The filling situation is also something that concerns my friends. They don't like the syringes and applicator tip bottles. Too creepy and drug like to them. If I can just pop the top and fluff the wick with these it may be ok for me. Even trimming the rubber is fine, as long as it's easier than the last batch and no needle like items are involved.

How you doing Deadguy?

Haven't seen you here on the ECF since about the CE2 Rev"3" days. Hope things are going well for you.

MrWarspite

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
Hey MrWarspite, another suggestion - Harmonic and jinko recommended cutting the inside 'cup' out of 'em (the bit on yours that has the burnt spot, so the silicone isn't as close to the coil) - worked a treat for me. I used needle nosed scissors from my dissection kit, but the guys reckoned nail clippers or scissors worked, too.

With this one, the burning nipple cover must have left some residue on the coil, cause its just burnt taste all the time. Have to throw that one away. The 2nd one is rocking with no burning taste and no break in, it started off tasting good from the first vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread