The New Ce2+ Supreme Fluxomizers are now In Stock!!! 510 & 808 both sizes and ohms, Easy fill system included

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWarspite

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
BTW - Can a 510 Drip Tip be used with these New CE2's.

Also, is it possible to buy Extra OEM Tips? I'm going to give some away and it just dawned on my that I only get one Tip per pack.

most tips will fit but its really, really tight. I think the little rubber soft tips that came with the old ones might be a better option. Even the drip tip that comes with them is really hard to get on.

some of my other tips wouldnt fit on all the way because they are too long. We want to be careful here because if you ram a longer tip in there it'll push the cup seal down onto the coil which is how i think i burned the cup seal on the first one i tried.

MrWarspite

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
yeah, after the first one, i dont even push the included drip tip all the way down. Some people have mentioned modding the cup seal already but i havent seen any pictures of it yet. If its real simple ill give it a shot, but i dont want to fiddle to much. I like things that work out of the box, not after you take them apart and fiddle with all the bits.

MrWarspite

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
So the second one started giving me a weird aftertaste so i pulled off the cup seal.

IMG_0030.jpg
IMG_0031.jpg

the juice im using is tan, not black and nasty like that. Now those arent burns, it washes off under the tap.

I pulled the inner o ring from an old flux, gonna put that in instead of the cup seal and see how it does.

IMG_0032.jpg

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
I am like you as I prefer a standard cartomizer mouth piece (from 808 horizontal coils, the clear silicon ones) on the fluxos. Do you have any old cartos sitting around?

I did not get any weird taste from mine but I'm not digging the new plugs. I am one of those weird people that still want my pv to look, feel and act like a cigarette. I have been vaping for almost 2 years but I am also still a smoker. I have tried the larger pv's and always go back to the stick style (GV's 808 batteries are by far the best stick batteries I have ever used). Is there any chance there will be other mouthpiece options for these (like a soft rubber tip that was originally in the vortex's). I also have sensitive teeth and I HATE the hard drip tips. So that is my dilema, I don't like drip tips, they make my pv look and feel like an ink pen and I want it to have the same feel as a cigarette and be about the same length. Anyone have any ideas cause I have no clue where to find something that would work.

vapidkitty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
Oz Tropics
Hey MrWarspite, apologies - I haven't been around since you asked me about pics. I've just tried but my 'puter is refusing to upload for some reason, so I'll try and explain better. (it wasn't a great pic to be honest, either)

See where the brown spots are on the second pic you posted above? That little round inner piece that sits over the ceramic is what I removed - basically until I ended up with a flat inner of the plug. Does that make better sense? You just snip it off until the silicone is flat inside the plug. It's not hard at all; just a little awkward maybe. Mine isn't perfect at all, I just made sure there weren't any loose bits of silicon sticking out. I'm not sure whether fine scissors or nail clippers would be easiest - guess it depends on you.
(keeping in mind I did it on the conversion kits for the previous fluxomisers, but they look the same inside)

I don't get any burnt taste from the plug, no singing (though I didn't get much anyway) and it makes no difference otherwise in performance.

It does sound like your plugs are getting pushed down that little bit too far, for whatever reason. Hope it helps :)

If you're still not sure let me know and I'll redo pics, but prolly can't til Sunday.

MrWarspite

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
North Carolina
Hey MrWarspite, apologies - I haven't been around since you asked me about pics. I've just tried but my 'puter is refusing to upload for some reason, so I'll try and explain better. (it wasn't a great pic to be honest, either)

See where the brown spots are on the second pic you posted above? That little round inner piece that sits over the ceramic is what I removed - basically until I ended up with a flat inner of the plug. Does that make better sense? You just snip it off until the silicone is flat inside the plug. It's not hard at all; just a little awkward maybe. Mine isn't perfect at all, I just made sure there weren't any loose bits of silicon sticking out. I'm not sure whether fine scissors or nail clippers would be easiest - guess it depends on you.
(keeping in mind I did it on the conversion kits for the previous fluxomisers, but they look the same inside)

I don't get any burnt taste from the plug, no singing (though I didn't get much anyway) and it makes no difference otherwise in performance.

It does sound like your plugs are getting pushed down that little bit too far, for whatever reason. Hope it helps :)

If you're still not sure let me know and I'll redo pics, but prolly can't til Sunday.

Thanks kitty, i think i follow you. I'll give it a shot and let everybody know.

nvmedjpain

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2010
Ok I bought two boxes of these and I've only tried using three of them so far. One I checked and it was burning the silicon cap. I trimmed the inside like others have said. That fixed the burnt taste, but i still get dry hits on all three so far unless I tilt it after ever drag.

If i do that they work well with great warm vapor and flavor. If I'm missing something or doing something wrong any advice would be great. I'm still new to the ce2.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Cyrus Vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
Bay Area, California
Thoughts on the plug:

Cutting out the underside portion is a great idea, I haven't tried it yet. It will fix the problem of silicon contacting the coils, if that's you're problem

For dry hits, this is what works for me:

1) FLUFF THE WICK :) Gently pull up the wicks (gentle, they will disintegrate, and IMO its better to do this with a non sharp object (I use a blunted and sanded down tooth pick, or a straightened paper clip if feeling reckless. See bads video on this) You're doing two things here, one is pulling the wicks UP so they cover the slots entirely. The other is, you're expanding the wick material a bit (this is just my own theory), even fraying it a bit (you don't have to strive to do this, it just happens) which seems to help with wicking

2) Now you need to find a top plug that won't choke the wicks back down. You can use the old middle seal from the fluxo deluxes as its already flat and works perfectly. Alternatively, you can cut out and significantly widen (go to town on this, don't be shy) the wick slots on the new plug (nipple) or the old bottom plug. When you place it back on the cup assembly, watch the wicks to make sure they don't drop back down and get pinched.

2a) Alternatively you can go without a top plug. Yes it will leak if you go over horizontal (right into your mouth), but this works and the flavor is out of this world. A perfect compromise between dripping and a carto when you're at home IMO.

I've also noticed that for some reason, with time, after multiple fills, not only does the flavor improve, plastic undertone go away etc, but also somehow wicking improves and you get less dry hits. The older my Ce2s are, the better they work, even if I haven't entirely reconstructed them. I suspect part of this is due to wick fraying leading to improved wicking. Perhaps the silica wick also expands or relaxes with multiples uses too, I dunno

I vape very high VG (50-100%) so YMMV

I was rocking out with 80% VG on a 2.4 ohm new fluxo with my puck freshly charged (that's about 5.5 volts) last night, only got dry hits after successive long and hard hits where the fluxo was vertical. A quick tip and it went away.

Last edited:

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
OK, what just happened? I got my new fluxos (well, my first fluxos but the new version) and it was vaping great but a little tight on the draw. So I pulled the plug out to reseat it and see if that made a difference and the whole center stem came up. Or at least the ceramic cup, I guess I can't say for sure that the stem moved. I was able to put it back together and it is still working. It did get a little gurgly when it wasn't before at all, but that seems to have worked itself out. I just want to know what to expect the next time I have to take one of these apart.

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
I used some cuticle scissors to cut out the inner ring and open up the wick slots a bit. Now it is vaping perfectly. No weird taste and good wicking. Gets a little over wet laying on it's side, but not too bad. I'm a happy camper. :)

i was down to 1 boge carto when i got these today. i know i cut it close but.....i was super super happy to get these this morning. filled one out of the box with bounty hunter (65pg/35vg) and it vaped real good the first 2 minutes...then i got dry hits after dry hits. i made sure the wicks werent pinched and the cup seal inserted correctly.

i had fairly high hopes for these but...i guess they arent for me. i took couple dry puffs without activating the battery and that way i was able to get the juice to the coils...only to flood it after doing so few times. i hate fiddling with cartos, i hate gurgling and i very much dislike drying off the battery post every 30 minutes.

ill have to fight through this until monday-tuesday-wednesday-ish until i get my phoenix/ce8/vivi nova order. bummer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread