[EDITED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllPepperS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Palm City, FL
I am up and running for the most part. RM2, 1.3Ω. Trying to get the hang of the feed and fire, not going too bad. Wicked with the KGD first but have changed it over to rayon, think it may be a bit more forgiving in the hit or miss stage of learning. I am both handed and I have to figure out what works the best for me. Seems having my index finger on the trigger and thumb on the feed on either hand. Trying to see where the best place for the coil to be facing so both sides get wet. Just have to play with it, nice vape when I get it :vapor:

IMG_0232.jpg IMG_0229.jpg

AllPepperS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Palm City, FL
Hi Tybin, pretty good, I need to work on the bottle a bit more. It's breaking in slowly and I did work it pretty well before I filled it. It's taking too much effort to push at the moment but that will get better as we go. I know it shouldn't take a whole lot. I put a bit of paper towel behind it. The vape is great but I still need to get the total hang of it. I am working on the feed and fire method. I was also happy to see voltage drop was very little. I'm at work for 4 days and I didn't bring it here, so I will get back with it when I get home. The little RM2 is perfect on the top. Still playing with the height of the coil to learn where it is best. It will all be good in the end :)

AllPepperS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Palm City, FL
I did the wax, button seems good. I didn't micro the bottle with water yet, but may this weekend. I massaged the carp out of it, found the soft spot that is trying to come through. Gotta get that to line up properly when you connect the bottle. I think it will be good, it's just a bit different than squonk and vape, but I will get it consistent soon. I like it, it's such a beautiful piece of functioning art. I have some more toppers coming in to try too. I have patience, it's new after all.

Have great day!

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
Oh Fono....I have managed to collapse a spring. Or in the least it is really saggy and heating up. Still fires but am not using it to be on the safe side. Was running .5 ohm which I thought would be ok and the newer AW IMR batts. Is this something that I can replace myself or do I need to send it in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I so understand. I haven't had it happen but a couple of times in all these years. Sure glad we have those springs!

A lot of the tube mechs these days don't have springs --- so I guess one knows because the metal gets really hot fast? I experienced that when playing with one at a vape shop. Silly me had set the mod on the table without locking the bottom cap, so it was continuously firing. :facepalm:

Last edited:

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
I so understand. I haven't had it happen but a couple of times in all these years. Sure glad we have those springs!

A lot of the tube mechs these days don't have springs --- so I guess one knows because the metal gets really hot fast? I experienced that when playing with one at a vape shop. Silly me had set the mod on the table without locking the bottom cap, so it was continuously firing. :facepalm:

Exactly. Most of my mods have springs and I have a couple of tube mechs that don't. luckily have not had anything wonky happen til now. And it wasn't too bad [emoji6]. The phidias wouldn't fire very well and after looking I noticed the spring was hot and sagging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
Hey Pham,

I'm releasing a new Batch of Classic Phidias Bottom Feeders...

These all have 24mm Catch cups, sealed feed systems, and come with either Black or Stainless Power buttons..

155 Shipped, add 5 for the stainless button.

I invoice and print postage through Pay Pal..

So just email me for your Choice...

fonosmoak@gmail.com

Thanks !
fono

good morning :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread