Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
Hi Lorikay, Yes of course, and a most gracious welcome to you!

Ha, I recognize your mod, it's good to see 'her' again....

You have my blessing, and again, Welcome to the Phamily!

best
fono

Thank you! Yes I got her from Justin of Vape N Shine fame. :) WAAAYYY back when I first started vaping the Phidias was pretty much the only real mod there was..tube mods had not even been invented yet...and Ego was called a mod...LOL....you never heard from me because I could never imagine being able to afford....much less wanting to spend "that much money" on a "mod"...alot has obviously changed since then...LOL!!! So when I saw one of your creations for sale and found out it was Cali Pepper wood I couldn't resist. Born and raised in SoCal and spent most of my working life in the park systems...so those trees are very special to me.

inter_ceptor00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Minor Details
So glad to see people coming back around to give wood mods some love.

I fixed the insulators myself too, fono. I couldn't bring myself to make you work more to fix my initial ineptitude, I know the feeling.

I would love to get a DNA Phid to go with my other 2. I don't have any pics of them handy but they are still in perfect condition (never go outside) but I plan on bringing my pistachio feedimus to VCCNE2014 with me to show off your work.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
So glad to see people coming back around to give wood mods some love.

I fixed the insulators myself too, fono. I couldn't bring myself to make you work more to fix my initial ineptitude, I know the feeling.

I would love to get a DNA Phid to go with my other 2. I don't have any pics of them handy but they are still in perfect condition (never go outside) but I plan on bringing my pistachio feedimus to VCCNE2014 with me to show off your work.

I am pretty much a mech mod person with the exception of a couple hand made mods like the Cali Pepper that have an electric switch. Could someone give me a simple explanation of what the point of the DNA/Nivell type chipsets are? I mean I get variable voltage...LOL...but why do people think the DNA is so special?

Also,has the feeder system changed at all since my mod was made? I guess mine is at least a couple years old. Thanks!

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
a while back, i bought a phidias off the classys. no bottle or anything inside. just a baggie that came with some bottles.

as near as i can tell from the pics i've scrounged up, a tube connects the bottle to the 510 nipple. i did not receive said tube.

is a tube and/or tube-bottle avail for purchase? or does anyone know if the tube/bottle thingy from reosmods will work?

for all intents and purposes, i only have one hand, so i'm just looking for the easiest solution.

thankee...

aziffel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
nc
a while back, i bought a phidias off the classys. no bottle or anything inside. just a baggie that came with some bottles.

as near as i can tell from the pics i've scrounged up, a tube connects the bottle to the 510 nipple. i did not receive said tube.

is a tube and/or tube-bottle avail for purchase? or does anyone know if the tube/bottle thingy from reosmods will work?

for all intents and purposes, i only have one hand, so i'm just looking for the easiest solution.

thankee...

Can you put up a picture of the Phid?
All mine are a couple yrs old,Fono's changed they're insides since then.

inter_ceptor00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2011
Minor Details
This one I bet.

IMG_2899.jpg

I could measure the dimensions for you but I'm not sure where to buy the tubing or what is the best material for it.

Attachments

• IMG_2899.jpg
    IMG_2899.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Can you put up a picture of the Phid?
All mine are a couple yrs old,Fono's changed they're insides since then.

here is the pic from the classys that shows the tube
313352d1394305480t-us-fs-phidias-wood-mod-photo-1-.jpg

methinks this is a few years old as well cuz recent pics seem to show a more slender form factor.

the pic above makes me think it works kind of like a Reo.

thanks!

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
A question about the care of the mod. What about using Renaissance Wax on it? I got a can for my metal mechanical mods but while researching it I saw lots of positive comments about using it to polish wood also.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

for the record, the one person that i know of who owns more wood bottom-feeder mods than i do recommends Howard's Feed and Wax Sunshield (with UV protection). we use it on our woodies both inside and out. YMMV

aziffel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
nc
here is the pic from the classys that shows the tube
View attachment 325007

methinks this is a few years old as well cuz recent pics seem to show a more slender form factor.

the pic above makes me think it works kind of like a Reo.

thanks!
A couple of yrs. old maybe,the older Phids used a needle top on the feed bottle and were not sealed(all of mine are older than that),Even older ones don't have a feed attachment at all,just a space inside for a 3ml dripper bottle.
I don't know about the newer Phidias feeders as I don't have any,but it does look like a REO mini feed setup.And mineral oil worked very well as a cleaner and polish on all my wood mods(i had about a dozen at one time,now I'm down to 10.)

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
I will have some more photos to come as well as something I think you all might like to have...and I will be happy to send one to anyone that asks for just the price of the postage. But I am so excited that I actually made all this work I just had to post the photo... :)

so her she is, rewired, slightly modded feed system with an Origen V2 bottom fed dripper and a custom made Tekisui drip tip..........

phidias_origen.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread