Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
ok...so here is what's inside and on top.....dual micro coils with a U continuous cotton (boiled organic) wick for a total resistance of 1.2ohms. 30amp Panasonic battery with a vapesafe fuse. I reduced the size of the tube inside the bottle but the thing that allowed me to use the Origen is that little pink needle looking thing. That is actually a soft plastic canula that is industrial grade and chemical resistant. It's from the Loctite company and is not a medical device but actually made for glue applications. It will completely eliminate the wear and tear on the connector as well as the wiring that results from taking the bottle in and out with that rigid needle attached.

Mr Fono is you would like the contact info to purchase these in bulk just let me know. Anyone that would like one just send me a PM. The price of mailing one in a padded envelope will be $1.80 and the last forever. You will have to trim off the little ridges so it fits inside the bottle cap. Dont worry if I don't respond right away....I don't check ECF everyday but I wont forget. :)

phidias_internals.jpg

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
neither to be honest. I have not found the feed system on this to be particularly effective. But the Origen has HUGE juice wells....so the ends of the cotton U wick get stuffed into the wells and staturated. Then topped off as needed but I don't do it blindly because well, I don't trust it. So I take of the cap.

If anyone has come up with a better feed system I would sure love to know about it. I'm thinking about carving out some extra space for a 6ml bottle.

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
The New Old West Pahrump Nevada
a while back, i bought a phidias off the classys. no bottle or anything inside. just a baggie that came with some bottles.

as near as i can tell from the pics i've scrounged up, a tube connects the bottle to the 510 nipple. i did not receive said tube.

is a tube and/or tube-bottle avail for purchase? or does anyone know if the tube/bottle thingy from reosmods will work?

for all intents and purposes, i only have one hand, so i'm just looking for the easiest solution.

thankee...

sounds like you have a 2009 model, yes I was here doing it (trying to be unique) way back then...

send it to me, I'll jazz it up...
best
fono

fonosmoak@gmail.com

Last edited:

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Is production between runs? I haven't seen any pictures of recent mods.

Hi oaky,

not really I have a babinga feeder, and several take anything recessed tank/rebuildable units..

yeah, a mesquite burl, and some killer olives, and wenge with fire red padauk inlays...

I'm laying low as I'm working on my place still.....Good earthy work, digging trenches : )

just mail me if you want to see them...they are ready to ship -- 165 shipped, all tankers 18650 kick enabled and the feeder 18650 straight, 18490 with the kick...

fonosmoak@gmail.com

or Skype at fotalking2u

thanks for asking...
fono

Last edited:

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Got my bubinga w/ lacewood Phidias!! It's so charming and rustic... totally reminds me of Nevada! I can't get over how a larger mod can weigh so little!! I'm guessing it will swell with our humidity here and weigh more once the wood adjusts, but that's neat:)! Your joining work is terrific too! Thank you Fonos:)!

DSC00802425x640_zpsa155d3f8.jpg

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Got my bubinga w/ lacewood Phidias!!
I guess that answers my question on whether or not the Phidias could handle a bottom fed RDA like those people use on the Reo. Because that certainly look like the Smok squid (or is it an octopus) on your new Phidias.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I guess that answers my question on whether or not the Phidias could handle a bottom fed RDA like those people use on the Reo. Because that certainly look like the Smok squid (or is it an octopus) on your new Phidias.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

It handles every single bottom feed RDA I've put in it, and the diameter of the wood is large enough to handle a slightly wider RDA too (as well as what looks like smaller carto tanks too). I take that back... I just screwed in a 25.4 mm carto tank, which is as big as it gets, and it fires it fine too:).

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
hi AK-OC,

I''m thinking all of them....there is a 23.85mm by my scale, provision for them. That's .9390 of an inch by my measure, aka 59/64s

I measured this native olive:

It's my understanding that the Phidias will also handle the rebuildable atties as well.

Thanks for asking!

Best
fono

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread