Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I have 4 Manta 2s. They were my favorite atty for a while. I haven't used them in a long time. Lately, I've been pretty stuck on Stumpys and O-16s.

I bought and paid for 2 authentic Manta 2's that were to be BF'd before sent. But these V1/V2 hybrid abortions after a song and dance that they would be better than a V2 is what the order was changed to. Maybe if they had not been made from rejected V1 bases from the first run that were rejected for good reason (they were not usable at all). A trip back for rework (at my expense) got them to where they can be used, but by then I was so mad about the whole situation and the man that did it that I didn't use them much before delegating them (and all the others I got from the same source) to the reject box around December 2015. I brought them back out to try on the P67's when I first got them, but soon enough they were banished again and have remained there ever since. I doubt they'll ever see the light of day again.

Reactions: muzichead

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I bought and paid for 2 authentic Manta 2's that were to be BF'd before sent. But these V1/V2 hybrid abortions after a song and dance that they would be better than a V2 is what the order was changed to. Maybe if they had not been made from rejected V1 bases from the first run that were rejected for good reason (they were not usable at all). A trip back for rework (at my expense) got them to where they can be used, but by then I was so mad about the whole situation and the man that did it that I didn't use them much before delegating them (and all the others I got from the same source) to the reject box around December 2015. I brought them back out to try on the P67's when I first got them, but soon enough they were banished again and have remained there ever since. I doubt they'll ever see the light of day again.

I was the same way about the whole Manta debacle. It left a bad taste in my mouth (no pun intended). It was hit or miss, what base you got. There were 2 base types. One was flat; the other had a ledge. On some, the machining was bad; on others, not too bad. None were what I would consider good machining. The last run of V1/V2 hybrids was a joke. They appeared to be made from rejected parts. Never the less, if you got a good one, it worked well, and was a decent atty.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I was the same way about the whole Manta debacle. It left a bad taste in my mouth (no pun intended). It was hit or miss, what base you got. There were 2 base types. One was flat; the other had a ledge. On some, the machining was bad; on others, not too bad. None were what I would consider good machining. The last run of V1/V2 hybrids was a joke. They appeared to be made from rejected parts. Never the less, if you got a good one, it worked well, and was a decent atty.

I only know of a first run of V1/V2 hybrids that my two came from. There is zero doubt in my mind that reject V1 bases was used in those. I saved the picture posted of the 50 bases brought in for them from JD Tech Philippines that shows what their serial numbers are. They are widely scattered numbers from within the 00X to 90X range. So probably all from the first Manta V1 run that were set aside at JD Tech due to not passing quality control. There is also zero doubt that at least my two were BF'd but not even checked over before they were shipped to me. On both of mine the deck +/- posts were stripped with the screws cross threaded and jammed in them so tight it was a fight to get a couple of the screws out, and I couldn't get the other two screws out at all or the other two back in without doing further damage to them or chancing breaking the posts. Their small post diameter with max screw size in them made redrilling/retapping to larger screws not a viable option. After the so called rework the screws are very loose in elongated holes and wobble until they start to snug down on the wire. At best a tap was ran down into the posts to try to fix them, and only marginally made them usable. How many builds are they good for before they will not get snug enough to make a good electrical connection? I'll never find out. Inexcusable business practices, inexcusable quality of work at every level. To me they were a waste of around $235, and the final straw. I cancelled another $200+ order that I had already paid for and have bought elsewhere ever since.

This is real life history as it applies to my Reos. But is out of place on this forum. So I am done with this Reo history lesson.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
rx8.jpg

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
@Spydro, you should be a professional photographer in your next life!

^^^ Nice pic of some really nice REOs.

Thanks GP. For some time now I haven't bothered to take any new pictures of anything (literally), so have just posted older ones here lately. I get away with some of them here as they were taken after Reoville closed and I left ECF. I have more oldies of the P67's (most of my Reos) from the hiatus period, but guess I ought to take some new ones again now that Reoville has reopened. Doubt I'll ever round up all of them though, try to figure out a place where they will all fit together for a Reo Family portrait. Maybe I could make new "by model" group portraits, like one I made awhile back with most of the remaining mini's for a thread on the other forum.

spymini14sl.jpg

Missing mini's is two 18490 Woody's... one that I no longer own, and another one that is out on loan to a gal pal.

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Spydro.. what was the build you were using on your hadaly?

Just tried a new build to me.. 2x26 with 30 gauge wire clapton 5 wrap 2.5mm. Comes out to around .35-.4ohms. Way too strong to me. Was hoping for .6+. No idea what to do to raise it.

Have 26,28,29,30,32 and 33 kanthal wire.

Both of my Hadaly's are running RxW, have simple KA1 1x26/32 2.5mm 4W Clapton's. They ohm out at .59 & .62 Ώ. Same with a 5th wrap added up to maybe .75Ώ.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
20170904_172706.jpg

First decent alien coil.. Made one the other day 26/36g that came out to .27ohms and was too much for me to handle at 12mg mix.

Spent a full day trying to get the alien down and only made a couple of decent prices :/ bad how to videos on you tube.:/

This one I did in about 30 mins and is a 28g/36g 3mm 4 wrap. Comes out to .34ohms on my hadaly.

Only got a good 3inches usable out of about a foot haha.

I'd normally would show a pic of the coil but it's ugly!! I don't have the proper nylon plyers to straighten it out yet. It's bad but vapes!

Last edited:
Reactions: Spydro

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
How about a 2x700 battery reo p67?? A tad bigger.. maybe fit a 24mm rba as well at the same time?

@SteamStack
A 24mm RDA easily fits on the Reo P67's just fine, exactly what has been on all 5 of my P67's for many months, and a 25mm will as well edge to edge. Reinventing the P67 would not be the direction to go IF a new mod/atty was something he could afford to develop. Maybe some Woodvil's from higher quality woods, or the Resin Reo so many here were interested in, or an 18490 P67 type Reo the ladies with smaller hands might love (I'd even be interested in a couple of them), a RM2ish atty, etc. IOW, something that would already be in much higher demand by a fair percentage of REOnauts than a 20700/21700/26700 Reo they'd have to buy new batteries for, and maybe a charger for as well. IMO FWIW YMMV
@Eric Parlin

Reactions: JC Okie

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
This setup is rapidly becoming my favorite on the Reo P67's...

Reo P67 TRA/Vandy Vape Mesh RDA/super sub ohm SS mesh 'coil'.
p67mesh6s.jpg

After I finish playing around with the Black Mesh RDA on the TC Mods, it'll probably replace the Black Goon LP on the OG P67 CMM or the Kryten on my P67 Black Wrinkle permanently with it (or I'll buy a couple more of them). These are not Baa Baa atty's suitable for everybody, but they are sure doing a stellar job for this wolf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread