Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
Can anyone shed some light on this? Same rda on my p67 and grand same build both have fully charged batteries the same age. Why does my grand hit harder then the p67?
So I think it’s boiling down to my button. I rotated the button until I heard the spring clicking and it fired a lot better. I noticed I have to fiddle with the button a lot and actually put pressure on different spots of the button to actually get it to fire fully. I tested this with the cap off and no wick. I noticed a significant difference in the coil firing when I pressed the button on the side compared to the middle. It’s like the more I vape the sooner I have to fiddle with the button. Could my spring be jacked? help ideas please.

Reactions: CMD-Ky

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    So I think it’s boiling down to my button. I rotated the button until I heard the spring clicking and it fired a lot better. I noticed I have to fiddle with the button a lot and actually put pressure on different spots of the button to actually get it to fire fully. I tested this with the cap off and no wick. I noticed a significant difference in the coil firing when I pressed the button on the side compared to the middle. It’s like the more I vape the sooner I have to fiddle with the button. Could my spring be jacked? help ideas please.
    Check if the striker plate is in the correct position, to make full contact with the positive contact.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2015
    Connecticut
    I fixed it. I took everything apart and tightened everything but I have concluded there was too much Teflon paste. I have never seen this much on all 3 of my grands when I have taken them apart. I removed all the paste put back together and it is firing reliably now. Still feels weak compared to my grand but I’m not sure. I also noticed I have a hair size black line on the striker plate yet I’ve been noaloxing it since day one. We are making progress though. May need to try a new striker plate down the line.

• Agree
    Reactions: Robinowitz

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Reactions: CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    Noalox has no place at all on any of my vape gear. DeooxIT D100L and G100L is all I have used on my Reos. Medical cloth bandage tape folded over on itself (sticky to sticky) then cut into strips with a little alky or D100L is what I clean any carbon off my contacts with (followed by a little G100L). Abrasive enough to get it off easily, not abrasive enough to damage the contacts.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread