The new X6 Variable Voltage 1300mah ego battery!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I haven't gotten a protank yet. Got a couple of these as X8 kits using the X8 tanks from fasttech. Also using an MT3S on mine (w/adapter)
The kit was $24 and you can get the battery alone now for about $12.
Ran with this one in the woods last weekend and it's holding a charge pretty good. Also have been comfortable enough to rinse the connection with straight tap water when my wife has a flooding issue on hers.

Wow, that cheap? I went ahead and ordered from MFS as I didn't see a better deal - all the kits I looked at were around seventy bucks. I've grown overly fond of my vivid nova anyway, and don't care to try a new tank at the moment.
Its actually my boyfriend that has the protank. I guess he read somewhere that you just need an adapter to get the connection. Should have the batteries by Monday :D I'm super excited to have a long lasting, durable battery. I spend a lot of time in the woods, also and my little 600mah ego-c ain't cuttin' it!

sweet tea

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2013
Lexington, NC, USA
My new X6 with protank.

image.jpg

Maniacal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2013
Chicago
My new X6 with protank.

View attachment 242837

Gorgeous!! :wub::hubba::thumbs::w00t::pervy::banana:

My man & I ordered one from Fasttech abt 2 wks ago cuz we loved the way they looked and the reviews were outstanding. However, I'm worried that the voltage wont go high enough for my tastes. I already want more than what I've got at a mere 4.8, I'm thinking the 4.3 might make a big difference. Let me know abt that if you wouldnt mind :)

sweet tea

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2013
Lexington, NC, USA
Gorgeous!! :wub::hubba::thumbs::w00t::pervy::banana:

My man & I ordered one from Fasttech abt 2 wks ago cuz we loved the way they looked and the reviews were outstanding. However, I'm worried that the voltage wont go high enough for my tastes. I already want more than what I've got at a mere 4.8, I'm thinking the 4.3 might make a big difference. Let me know abt that if you wouldnt mind :)

I have it on the medium setting 3.8 and it's perfect for me. The high setting 4.2 gave me a burnt taste with my protank.

So I got two of these(black and silver) because i wanted a vv and I wanted something I could carry with me all day WITHOUT needing to carry an extra battery.

The life on them is great. my first one was DOA but the company I bought it from was only 2hrs away from me so they had one shipped in 24hrs. Feel on the battery is great, love that it has the gaps on the top for airflow.

I was using a protank with a 2.5ohm head, but I was getting a burned flavor, no matter what setting I had it on. Ordered some 1.8 ohm heads, now Its not making a connection with the battery or something because I can't get it to work. when I put it on a standard ego battery i'm blowing monster clouds, great flavor. with the X6 I get nothing. any suggestions?

I've tried taking the head off and screwing it back on, fidding with the connection, tighter, looser etc. is this why they say it "may not" work with the x6?

Edit: fixed it, the connector is a little short, so if you pull the pin out just a hair it works fine.

Last edited:
Yeah, we've had no issue with the protank on the X6. I usually have to pull the pin up after charging, anyway.. no biggie.
Got the X6 back in June and its still going strong. I've gone over 48hrs without charging, and it wasn't low when I finally plugged it in. I love the feel of it, and its super easy to use. I've dropped mine a few times with no real damage.
On the other hand, my boyfriend had his X6 separate in his pocket. He does physical labor, though, and always has the ecig on hand. He was able to screw it back together and its fine.
Definitely a great battery for a great price.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
what about charging issues? there is a disclaimer that says

***Since the sleeve/well surrounding the eGo threads is so deep, these batteries may require a charger with a shorter sleeve. However, these short sleeve chargers will still work on any other eGo style battery.

***This battery may not work with the KangerTech Protank

I read the fixes for protank but still wondering if i need a different charger?

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Unless you buy a fully loaded APV with voltage regulation, all battery voltage will decrease under a load. But, this little unit is pretty awesome looking and is a step up from the ego twist IMHO. Having only the three voltage choices doesn't bother me because even with a twist you aren't really getting what it's dialed to and mine always twisted without my knowledge and burned lots of coils... I like that it's shorter than the 1000mAh ego twist, and the diameter being wider is better for me because i always use 20mm. devices, like the 3.5ml. V5 Vivi Nova, or the new AGI, or AGT...no need for a shorty cone either. I'm not sure about which kanger brand tanks will fit in the flat head...I'm sure CE4's and CE5's will fit. For $22-$25 it's a great little battery! I dig the color choices and the 1300mAh battery lasts a long time...as long as your not dragging it with a super low resistance. I think i'm gonna have to invest in these guys. It's a nice step between ego series and an all out AVP...

i think the ego twist is a better device than this is. not that this device is bad. this device is a fine device if maintaining voltage isnt all that important. with a twist, youll get consistent voltage. with this, not so much. but some people arent looking for consistency, just a nice form factor might be all theyre after. and this device certainly delivers on that. the device looks nice, you guys' setups look sharp.

Last edited:

entitynein

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2013
Reno
Funny enough, mine died as I was reading this thread, so I can confirm you get 10 fast blinks when it dies. There is no low charge indicator, though, so you won't know when it's about to die, only when it does die.

does anyone know how to tell when this thing needs a charge? does it blink a certain way? I got one from Fasttech and it came with no instructions, thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread