Status
Not open for further replies.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    At least some prisons are allowing vaping now. :thumb:

Personally, I think that things will continue to evolve just like any other objects that are continuously being developed... As to what the next innovation will be, who knows, but I am quite sure lots of vapers will run right out and purchase whatever it is. These Companies know this and are banking on that fact.

Reactions: MaenadMoogle

MaenadMoogle

Jul 16, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Personally, I think that things will continue to evolve just like any other objects that are continuously being developed... As to what the next innovation will be, who knows, but I am quite sure lots of vapers will run right out and purchase whatever it is. These Companies know this and are banking on that fact.

A real cure for shinyitis.

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
    Sep 28, 2014
    Campbell River, BC, Canada
    I don't forsee myself going beyond where I am now, with Reos and bottom feed rebuildables.

Could not agree more...but if I could improve something it would be in the area of batteries, would be nice to have a battery last for days rather than hrs.

Reactions: theallboarder

retired1

Administrator
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    The next big step will most likely be in battery technology. Lots of promising research going on with the promise of safer batteries that are smaller than what we currently use.

Pack the power and longevity of a 28650 into something the size of an iStick mini and you'll have a home run.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Off topic

lilparis47

Moved On
    Aug 10, 2015
    The next big step will most likely be in battery technology. Lots of promising research going on with the promise of safer batteries that are smaller than what we currently use.

Pack the power and longevity of a 28650 into something the size of an iStick mini and you'll have a home run.
    i second this, i believe companies will start manufacturing batteries that are specifically designed for vapers. How awesome woud it be if one day we all vaped on sony vtc9's 120A 5000mAh

Reactions: Oregon Linda

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Okay

Tech, always evolving with something new and amazing around every turn.

As Retired1 alluded to, power. New technology is advancing Dry Lithium power to much more reliable, safer, stable and more powerful levels. Hopefully the Retail market will see this technology in the near future.
    Imagine powerful, non-explosive lithium power banks.:D

zapped

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2009
    Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
    Personally I think that the next big step will be BACK to the future.

Taxation & regulations will force a move to efficiency.

I'm with you on this one.

I dont see half of the things mentioned by the OP as a step forward so much as an offshoot.

Blowing clouds is to vaping as hot rodding is to driving.

Nothing personal to the OP, but the term "vape pen" isnt really used by a lot of vapers. Most of the people Ive heard calling an e-cig that are either entry-level newbs and/or illicit drug users.

That and calling our e-juice "oils" is usually a dead give away.

madangus

ECF Veteran
    May 10, 2015
    Chicago-land
    Considering how much samsung or apple could make off of a battery that would last a few days, I think that's where it'll be. Vaping will benefit as a side effect, there is so much tech being held back because batteries really haven't radically levelled up for a long time.

And if they do start taxing juice etc, will be interesting to see how sub ohm and high wattage would continue...

Reactions: BuddJohnson

disley

ECF Veteran
    Nov 30, 2013
    Australia
    The next step is real miniaturization. Mods and atty's will shrink in size, and battery sizes will be smaller, because of efficiency gains.
    Juice will be accurately measured and fed through a high pressure injector and sprayed on to a heated gauze. Vaporizing using less juice and requiring less power to operate, while producing big clouds with better flavor.
    Juice consumption will halve, while cutting out leaks and spills.

No coils or wicks needed.

Reactions: David Wolf

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 16, 2014
    Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
    Turbo charging. Some clever person will figure out how to force air through the atomizer until its compressed and then with the release of the firing button, it will released the compressed vape into your mouth. You're definitely going to need to cut your nic level.

Ya buddy, that`s what I`m talking bout. Stick a miniature 671 on it and have changeable pulleys so you can get the spool up to your liking, :?)

Rule62

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida

That would be great, for sure. But so far, the major battery manufacturers, like LG, Panasonic, Sony, or Samsung, haven't shown much interest in developing batteries specifically for vaping purposes.
    Maybe that will change, as vaping gains popularity.

zapped

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2009
    Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
    Check out this link on future batteries.

http://i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy81/ravendark70/spaz2.jpg

One battery they are looking at triples current capacity and charges to full in just 6 minutes.

And another charges to full in 26 seconds.

The Ryden dual carbon battery charges 20 times faster than lithium ion batteries and has the ability to last for 3000 charge cycles. Not quite a ten year battery but almost.

Pretty amazing stuff and Im sure some of it will be a game changer in regards to e-cigs.

Last edited:

lilparis47

Moved On
    Aug 10, 2015
    I'm with you on this one.

I dont see half of the things mentioned by the OP as a step forward so much as an offshoot.

Blowing clouds is to vaping as hot rodding is to driving.

Nothing personal to the OP, but the term "vape pen" isnt really used by a lot of vapers. Most of the people Ive heard calling an e-cig that are either entry-level newbs and/or illicit drug users.

That and calling our e-juice "oils" is usually a dead give away.
    Oh well sorry for my autistic wording. I just mean "pen vape" as a term for what we all started with. The ego 900mah and generic clearomizer. And I dunno why I call juice oil. My buddies and I started calling it that when we first started, and it's just hard to break the habit of saying things wrong. Just like I'll never remember that "funner" is wrong lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread