Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
How come it's so quiet in here? Where is Sloth?
What's everybody vaping today?
Trying to sleep, very unsuccessfully...tomorrow, Sloth is gonna feel so tired. I fell last night, into the door frame...whacked my head so hard I was lucky to not go to the hospital :sleep:

vaping on a stroopwafel :vapor: and listening to horror stories on youtube

Partspro

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Winneconne,WI,USA
Trying to sleep, very unsuccessfully...tomorrow, Sloth is gonna feel so tired. I fell last night, into the door frame...whacked my head so hard I was lucky to not go to the hospital :sleep:

Vaping on a stroopwafel :vapor: and listening to horror stories on youtube

Oh, ouch!
Hope you aren't concussed.

Stroopwafel?

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Stroopwafels are Dutch waffle cookies, very good in a vape though I have yet to eat the food itself

How do I know if Im concussed? I feel like a soggy half eaten rat lying in a gutter during a flood. Does that sound about like concussion? :D
Sounds like a concussion to me! Take care of yourself!!

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Stroopwafels are Dutch waffle cookies, very good in a vape though I have yet to eat the food itself
I've seen them and they do sound rather good - I resisted buying them! ...sounds like a liquid I'd like to try at some point though!
How do I know if Im concussed? I feel like a soggy half eaten rat lying in a gutter during a flood. Does that sound about like concussion? :D
Sorry you had such a bad night.
Watch out if you're nauseous, get any dizzy spells, mental fog, wobbliness, or a pressure type headache. Any of those symptoms, get checked out! Symptoms can occur right away, or even some time later.
Vision problems such as blurring etc., get that checked out too - a bang on the head can cause a detached, or leaking retina that can sneak up over time.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I've seen them and they do sound rather good - I resisted buying them! ...sounds like a liquid I'd like to try at some point though!
Sorry you had such a bad night.
Watch out if you're nauseous, get any dizzy spells, mental fog, wobbliness, or a pressure type headache. Any of those symptoms, get checked out! Symptoms can occur right away, or even some time later.
Vision problems such as blurring etc., get that checked out too - a bang on the head can cause a detached, or leaking retina that can sneak up over time.
Definitely have trouble looking at a computer for a long time so Im slacking at work some. Had a couple dizzy spells too. It is tough to know what it is because I am also sick, but if these symptoms persist another day, I will go to the doctor.

My good old doctor who debated me about vaping and conceded I was right :D

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Definitely have trouble looking at a computer for a long time so Im slacking at work some. Had a couple dizzy spells too. It is tough to know what it is because I am also sick, but if these symptoms persist another day, I will go to the doctor.

My good old doctor who debated me about vaping and conceded I was right :D
Yes, do get checked if you still get symptoms continuing. Not worth taking chances.
It is nice when doctors accept that vaping is a better option than smoking. I've met with only positive reactions from doctors too :)

NicoT Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2016
US of A
Back from travel... missed ya all!
Been so incredibly busy while traveling that I only vaped about 3mls in 3 days! Alien's battery (dual) still has about 15% left since Monday morning. Switched Wakonda to ACB today and am ready to get my thoughts together to start "home juicing" :cool:

@Rayonati Sloth, are you making your juices by volume or weight? I am leaning towards weight, using scale...

Shaneguide

Ain't Life Grand
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Saco Maine
Hump day means nothing to me anymore since I work 7 days a week. :(

I hear that...7 nights a week in 1 of 2 commercial kitchens...all while starting to nurture and grow a long distant relationship.

I must be frelling crazy...:rolleyes::hubba:

Partspro

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Winneconne,WI,USA
Been so incredibly busy while traveling that I only vaped about 3mls in 3 days! Alien's battery (dual) still has about 15% left since Monday morning. Switched Wakonda to ACB today and am ready to get my thoughts together to start "home juicing" :cool:

@Rayonati Sloth, are you making your juices by volume or weight? I am leaning towards weight, using scale...

Hope you don't mind me throwing my 2 cents in here....
I started DIY about 18 months ago, originally mixing by volume with lots of syringes and a ton of those little glass flavor bottles from Wiz labs. I pretty much bought everything that I thought sounded good or thought I might like.
As soon as I started looking at recipes, I found I was missing a lot of flavors, creams, custards, sweeteners, so I bought more of those little glass bottles.
Once I had enough supplies, I found a few recipes that I could make, and they actually turned out pretty good!
At that point I turned into a recipe collector. This was when I started buying other flavors that come in nice little bottles with the dripper tops.
At first, I would pop the dripper top off, use the syringe to draw out the volume I needed, then snap the dripper on and put the lid on the bottle.
Shortly afterward, I ran across a post about mixing by weight. I bought a scale and would never go back to mixing by volume. It's faster, and easier to clean up after a mixing session.

So, if you want to learn from my mistakes, first find a few recipes that look good to you and buy the supplies you need to make them. Get your PG, VG and Nic, a scale (got mine on Amazon) some 5ml syringes and a 25ml syringe (for VG) and some new empty bottles.
Find an ejuice calculator that you like and plug your recipes and supplies into it.
Mix right into the bottle starting with your PG, then your flavors, shake it up good, then add your VG and Nic and shake it up again, and set it aside at least until all the bubbles are gone.

Good luck!

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
Hope you don't mind me throwing my 2 cents in here....
I started DIY about 18 months ago, originally mixing by volume with lots of syringes and a ton of those little glass flavor bottles from Wiz labs. I pretty much bought everything that I thought sounded good or thought I might like.
As soon as I started looking at recipes, I found I was missing a lot of flavors, creams, custards, sweeteners, so I bought more of those little glass bottles.
Once I had enough supplies, I found a few recipes that I could make, and they actually turned out pretty good!
At that point I turned into a recipe collector. This was when I started buying other flavors that come in nice little bottles with the dripper tops.
At first, I would pop the dripper top off, use the syringe to draw out the volume I needed, then snap the dripper on and put the lid on the bottle.
Shortly afterward, I ran across a post about mixing by weight. I bought a scale and would never go back to mixing by volume. It's faster, and easier to clean up after a mixing session.

So, if you want to learn from my mistakes, first find a few recipes that look good to you and buy the supplies you need to make them. Get your PG, VG and Nic, a scale (got mine on Amazon) some 5ml syringes and a 25ml syringe (for VG) and some new empty bottles.
Find an ejuice calculator that you like and plug your recipes and supplies into it.
Mix right into the bottle starting with your PG, then your flavors, shake it up good, then add your VG and Nic and shake it up again, and set it aside at least until all the bubbles are gone.

Good luck!
I mix just like you only I do nic first, in all the bottles I'm mixing up. I do that because I have nosy cats and don't want to accidentally poison them or have them to knock over the nicotine bottle. Then it's pg, flavors and I finish filling the bottles up to the shoulders with VG that I have poured into a clean bottle used to mix hair dye in.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY

Weight. I hate mixing by volume.

Not that there aren't better (and more concise) vids out there, but here is how I mix:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Yes, do get checked if you still get symptoms continuing. Not worth taking chances.
It is nice when doctors accept that vaping is a better option than smoking. I've met with only positive reactions from doctors too :)
I feel better today :) still not great, still sick, but the head feels much better and the cut from impact is healing nicely :thumb:

Heh, my doctor was giving me heck about vaping...so, I informed him about a lot of things and told him I even make my own juice so I "know what's in it" - and he conceded that A) I knew more than him about vaping and B) since vaping is my only vice (I don't even drink), I am "one of the healthiest people he has seen in a long time" :lol:

I was like, :cool::vapor:

ETA I tell Chrissy that my doc said I am a perfect specimen...LOL! (she doesn't believe it, tch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread