Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Thanks for replying PNW. I just ordered some 27 and 29 g from Temco.

I have 27 too. Both 27 and 28 take longer to heat up - especially when you have to do like 8 or more wraps per coil to get a 1 ohm coil.

The 29 at 6 wraps per coil heats up instantaneously. :)

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I have 27 too. Both 27 and 28 take longer to heat up - especially when you have to do like 8 or more wraps per coil to get a 1 ohm coil.

The 29 at 6 wraps per coil heats up instantaneously. :)

Thanks for the tip Russ! I'll try that with the 29 as soon as it gets here.

built4feel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
South Central PA, USA
I have two Odins. Love them. But one of them is ever so, slightly "defective". Its really a very small issue:

The squonk hole is slightly obstructed by the plastic (I forget what its made out of, not derlin...) around the center post on the deck... Its sticking up on only one side by about a mm... its gonna be an easy fix, I just don't have the right tools for the job/ figured out what will work best to cut it down even...

Any ideas? It barely affects the evenness of squonking, but it is noticeable difference. Its more or an OCD thing for me than a real issue...

Im thinking an exacto knife? I tried pushing it down with a blunt tip tool, but its pretty solid material... and I didn't wanna push too hard and loosen the center post... again, its just a slight uneveness in on only ONE side of the center post by about 1mm or less...

SoCalCraig

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Chandler, Arizona, United States
I have two Odins. Love them. But one of them is ever so, slightly "defective". Its really a very small issue:

The squonk hole is slightly obstructed by the plastic (I forget what its made out of, not derlin...) around the center post on the deck... Its sticking up on only one side by about a mm... its gonna be an easy fix, I just don't have the right tools for the job/ figured out what will work best to cut it down even...

Any ideas? It barely affects the evenness of squonking, but it is noticeable difference. Its more or an OCD thing for me than a real issue...

Im thinking an exacto knife? I tried pushing it down with a blunt tip tool, but its pretty solid material...
The fill hole probably snagged the peek when pressing the pin in. You might be able to push it back in. An exacto knife would probably work as well.

If you don't want to bother with it, shoot me a PM with your order number. I can email you a prepaid return shipping label and I can just replace the insulator.

built4feel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
South Central PA, USA
The fill hole probably snagged the peek when pressing the pin in. You might be able to push it back in. An exacto knife would probably work as well.

If you don't want to bother with it, shoot me a PM with your order number. I can email you a prepaid return shipping label and I can just replace the insulator.

Thanks for the offer Craig, but I don't think that's necessary... I will try to push it back in again, and if not, Ill try to slice it like bread.
It's really nice to hear from you though! Thanks for the product and great CS ;)

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Here's my Odin build. ..decided to do a hot build so 6/5, 26g, 1.5mm mandrel ohming out at .3 per side:D
Centered the coils on the airholes and meandered the rayon. The area on the wall side of the wick is tight. Notice the air-slot walls are not milled very well. I expected better. The thing vapes like a turbocharged hemi. Great flavor, massive plumes and throat hit with heavy VG squonks. No clue why my first build was a single coil:facepalm:
Here are some pics of my build:
c14f81ead461abd4ea4c1f58bcd36697.jpg

20740b909de56ed53f1946b25e4aa455.jpg

42e0d8a681d27e19b3c055fa700288cf.jpg

29797c9aa66738d9bd2da383a3678854.jpg

e1f447706666bd23620964d84a1af431.jpg

Digging the Odin .45 call drip tip as well....really does a nice job of delivering the vapor.
Thanks for the thread Drifter and all the contributions to it.

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Here's my Odin build. ..decided to do a hot build so 6/5, 26g, 1.5mm mandrel ohming out at .3 per side:D
Centered the coils on the airholes and meandered the rayon. The area on the wall side of the wick is tight. Notice the air-slot walls are not milled very well. I expected better. The thing vapes like a turbocharged hemi. Great flavor, massive plumes and throat hit with heavy VG squonks. No clue why my first build was a single coil:facepalm:
Here are some pics of my build:
c14f81ead461abd4ea4c1f58bcd36697.jpg

20740b909de56ed53f1946b25e4aa455.jpg

42e0d8a681d27e19b3c055fa700288cf.jpg

29797c9aa66738d9bd2da383a3678854.jpg

e1f447706666bd23620964d84a1af431.jpg

Digging the Odin .45 call drip tip as well....really does a nice job of delivering the vapor.
Thanks for the thread Drifter and all the contributions to it.

That's a great looking build bro. Good Work and thank you.

EagleTa2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I just had to join in here....I ordered and received my first Odin on a Friday...I had previously spent a few minutes disassembling my copper vein grand to make it low profile. A 12" disc sander with 100grit disk makes quick work of it! Was way easier than I thought. I did a complete disassembly because I was also putting in the contact upgrade kit.

Built the Odin to .53 ohms with dual 29ga micros and I was simply blown away! The following Monday my lovely wife ordered 2 more Odins for me.

Now 3 of my 4 grands have an Odin on them and I couldn't be happier!
The last grand still has the rm2 on it. I haven't touched it in a week.

I will say that the contact upgrade makes more of a difference than I thought. I may just make some new brass firing pins to try on the other 2.

Thanks for an awesome Atty Craig!
Geo
20141008_211650.jpg

AlexanderJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2011
North NJ
That's a great looking build bro. Good Work and thank you.
Hey super x I have seen your vids and you're basically the squonking authority so I thought I'd ask you this..I have a lp grand and odin but the positive screw is too short to grab 28 gauge kanthal with any "bite"...I have resorted to stuffing the hole with 2 very short pieces of kanthal just to make a tight connection.

I pm'd SoCalCraig, and he basically said "shoot me your address and I'll send you a spares kit with a screw that's long enough to fix this issue."

So I did, like over two weeks ago, and he hasn't responded. I've since sent two more pms offering to pay shipping and a couple bucks extra even and nothing.

So first, is loki closed up? What's the deal with the site being down and no customer service? And have you or anyone heard of the issue with the screws being short? From his response, it seemed like it wasn't the first time he's had it come up.

Sorry for the long winded post but I'm pretty frustrated. I wanted to buy another odin for my second reo but now even if the site comes back I probably won't...

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I just asked in the Loki thread as to what was up with the site, no answer yet... As to the post problem, this has been mentioned in the past and Craig was very quick to respond and take care of the problem. I think he is at the Vape Dynasty Expo in Phoenix right now and he's been busy prototyping a new atty for the masses and has put everything else on the back burner...

TheTurk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2014
New jersey
Hey super x I have seen your vids and you're basically the squonking authority so I thought I'd ask you this..I have a lp grand and odin but the positive screw is too short to grab 28 gauge kanthal with any "bite"...I have resorted to stuffing the hole with 2 very short pieces of kanthal just to make a tight connection.

I pm'd SoCalCraig, and he basically said "shoot me your address and I'll send you a spares kit with a screw that's long enough to fix this issue."

So I did, like over two weeks ago, and he hasn't responded. I've since sent two more pms offering to pay shipping and a couple bucks extra even and nothing.

So first, is loki closed up? What's the deal with the site being down and no customer service? And have you or anyone heard of the issue with the screws being short? From his response, it seemed like it wasn't the first time he's had it come up.

Sorry for the long winded post but I'm pretty frustrated. I wanted to buy another odin for my second reo but now even if the site comes back I probably won't...

Ive seen couple people having this issue , its been fixed by using a bit longer screw
I see your from nj , i may have one i can give you until craig send you a new one , i just need to dig in my toolbox and try to find it pm me I'll try to help you out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread