Not open for further replies.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Did I miss the last restock of Odin bottom feeders and router tips[emoji38]

No, you haven't missed anything. Craig has been very busy and was in Vegas this past weekend. The site will be back up probably by the end of the week. Router tips will be getting worked on, and he said he'll post when they are done.

tw33k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
Canberra, ACT, Australia
I re-wicked both my Odins last night and tried something a bit different. I always trim the tails of the rayon but this time I cut from each edge of the coil to the middle at the bottom so it forms a point. The point lays on the bottom and wicks the juice like a straw. It really works that well. Tried to take some pics but couldn't get a decent one. I only have my phone. It's worth trying for sure.

Last edited:

aushizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
hopefully the beach
Taking the pin out and re-drilling would be a start.... The CH version has a larger drain hole and its right at deck level. My authentic's were just ever so slightly off the deck.

mine isn't off the deck tho. wonder if anyone else has drainage probs. I want to purchase another odin maybe craig can chime in. thanks.

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
it appears that this thread has been booted from reoville and craigs posts have been restored, I think he can respond here again, the thread is no longer in another vendors territory :) he can't start a thread here but I think he can respond and answer questions and provide support as long as he's not specifically promoting his products it should be fine I think

Last edited:

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Odin BFs in stock. Well they have 2 less now. Still no router tips...so I bought another .45. Here is a build I just did. 28g, 12/11, 1.50mm ID, ohmed out at around .7 to .8. Wicked it with Rayon and juiced with Tribecca....great great vape..here is a build pic:
e6614460e620fe53e67ed3a3eeb76ce5.jpg

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Odin BFs in stock. Well they have 2 less now. Still no router tips...so I bought another .45. Here is a build I just did. 28g, 12/11, 1.50mm ID, ohmed out at around .7 to .8. Wicked it with Rayon and juiced with Tribecca....great great vape..here is a build pic:
e6614460e620fe53e67ed3a3eeb76ce5.jpg

That's a clean build bro.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I have had juice come out of my airholes. Here's how:

I squonked too long and it physically flowed out. Or I tilted the mod to one side and squonked too long and it flowed out.

I recently squonked and tilted the mod to the side (typing with my mod hand on my phone) and juice flowed out. This only happens if I didn't hit it a few times before typing.

There are advantages and disadvantages to these juice well attys as squonkers. They can store a little bit of juice in the wells and wick especially if you meander some long tails in there. To me this is an advantage because that juice doesn't get cooked like it would if you ran long wick tails in a traditional bottom fed atty because it's low and away from the coil. This juice extends time between squonks and maintains the fresh squozen affect.

The only time it's a disadvantage is if you don't vape it nearly dry before attempting acrobatics with it.

Additionally, most of us, coming from 14mm attys with short wicks have become used to squonking every couple of hits and forget that this atty has wells. Flat wells, and walls - so by design, even though it drains, it drains slower than a traditional 14mm flat or sloped deck atty because juice has to slide back down the well walls and will keep on wetting your wick (with fresh juice) for multiple big lung blasts beyond that of a 14mm atty.

So try to remember to learn the squonk delta on this beast and it will piss on your leg less. I rarely ever see juice out of mine anymore and I still tend to over squonk out of a habit formed by a long time running 14mm attys but am trying to learn to wait until it needs reloading before squeezing more ammo into it :)

Last edited:

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
with the larger flat deck atties I try To make a habit out of keeping the mod relatively level on the squonk, if it's level and the tails aren't blocking the drain then it evacuates well, but if it's squonked while being held at an angle then some juice will not drain back. try sitting it on a flat surface while squonking to train yourself to squonk while level, makes a big difference with larger atties

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I squonk my Odin BF at eye level. I watch the juice go up the tube then wait for it to come back down as it drains. Then I hit again and do the same thing. I vape my RGLP button up and airholes at 9 and 3 o'clock. When I squonk I will look at one of the airhole and if juice is starting to gather near the airhole I stop.

I frequently over squonk when I blind squonk. Most of the time when I blind squonk I always try to undersquonk to avoid juice coming out of the airholes and "...... on my leg" as sXd has said:?: I got a good laugh out of that one.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
When building a dual coil is it a huge deal if the coils don't have the same number of wraps? I am an idiot and easily lose count, and it is tough to see. Thanks.

Yes, it's a huge deal. It won't fire evenly and one coil will carry more load than the other :)

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
I just did a pair or duals last night, twisted them till they looked about the same, then mic'd them, first one was dead on 6mm, second one was 5.38mm... I pulled one wrap from the 6mm and I got 5.69mm... pulled one more wrap and got a matching 5.38mm... I have no idea how man wraps either of these coils actually are I can barely see them and sure as heck can't count them with the naked eye but it don't even matter so much as now I know they're dead even, assembled it and they fire dead even in sync with each other perfectly... for me from now on this is the only way to fly :D

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
I just did a pair or duals last night, twisted them till they looked about the same, then mic'd them, first one was dead on 6mm, second one was 5.38mm... I pulled one wrap from the 6mm and I got 5.69mm... pulled one more wrap and got a matching 5.38mm... I have no idea how man wraps either of these coils actually are I can barely see them and sure as heck can't count them with the naked eye but it don't even matter so much as now I know they're dead even, assembled it and they fire dead even in sync with each other perfectly... for me from now on this is the only way to fly :D

I use a desk top magnifying light as many do. I also have a jewelers loop that I will put under the magnifying light to really get the picture. I will eaither count the wraps to verify they are the same or match the coils side to side to make sure there are the same number of wraps.

OR, count your wraps eevenly when you are wrapping the coil around your mandral...although this method never works for some strange reason:confused:

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
Has anyone that has a BF had it stop feeding? I suppose it's gunked up in there somewhere.... even when I quonk hard (tried on 2 different REOs) I get just a small sputtering of juice coming out. I tried soaking it in hot water, but that didn't help. Could it be something other than a blockage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread