THE OFFICIAL BLOOG "Hey Leaford, I have a question!" THREAD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
hey leaford, was wondering if there are any plans for bigger batteries (1100 mah or bigger) I just ordered an ego kgo to give it a try, but to be honest, the only company i trust is bloog.

I'm working on a big battery model that will be exclusive to us, but it's only 650mah at the moment.

I'm also looking at another big batt model with variable voltage that wouldn't be exclusive, but which I think is better than the VV mods currently on the market. But again, it's only 650mah.

I'll keep looking at bigger battery models, and I do want to expand our line to include them. But as I've said before, we always have to prioritize, and our main focus as a company is on the cig-style e-cigs that will have the greatest mainstream appeal, and will thus bring more current smokers into vaping.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Hi Leaford, are we getting any closer to the long awaited release of the new line?

Sorry, Trich, we're getting closer, but it's still a long way off. There have been more problems than I anticipated and I am determined to iron them all out so the new line will meet our high standards, and your high expectations.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Hey Leaford! Any chance you're going use the new closed end on the regular Maxx Fusion batteries? I Love them! They seem to vape better for some reason.

Yes, and in fact we've been ordering them for awhile as we've sold out of the older unsealed batts. But until we sell out all the old batts in all color and length combinations we can't guarantee that any given order will receive the sealed batts, so we haven't announced it. Once all our stock has turned over we will announce the sealed batts and change the website description to reflect that.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Hey, Leaford, my post should be titled "Why Should I Do Any More Business With Bloog"? I've spent a ton of cash at Bloog, tons of great posts here and sent many word of mouth people to your company, and gotten some great tips/help here, but I'm about one shipment away from never doing any business with Bloog again. I've had constant and perpetual problems with the quality of your batteries; I will give you an overview:

5 orders ago (all orders $100+)-- broken battery. Had to leave town didn't complain.

4 orders ago-- broken battery again. Complained to Aileen she sent me two batteries for the last one. I was happy; third battery broke but it was not a problem.

3rd order--fine

2nd order-- 7 manual batteries, 1 broken.

Last order-- 5 manual 102s, one broken--flickering weak blue light when I plugged it in and it dies days later, never working well. Now, have cartos with post problems and that burn all the time--into the second box. So I've spent the last 2 weeks looking at yet another dead battery on my desk and cursing Bloog every other carto which seems to burn or stop working for no reason (seems to be weak posts).

So what is going on at Bloog? I use to get excited about an order now I wonder which part will be screwed up... It's not the customers place to have to drive to the post office and return a product again and again and again... And Put "please test the batteries" in the CS form.

Once in a blue moon I understand, but 5 batteries in 5 large $$ shipments and now crappy cartos? From a company that never had this problem before...

So I thought I'd make you aware of the problem, because I'm tired of poor QC and wasting my expensive JC liquids, and after the last shipment things seem to be getting worse not better.

What's going on at Bloog?

Ralikar,

I am very sorry for all the trouble you've had, but I can assure you that nothing is going on. We keep careful track of all defective products and our MaxxFusion batts and cartos are still between 1-3% defective rate, which is phenominal in this industry and lower than any other manufacturer I know. That's a big part of why I love our MF manufacturer. They have absolutely the best and most extensive QC procedures in the industry, and in fact they continue to add new procedures and tests all the time. Most recently they added a suite of new equipment to test packing and shipping procedures against a wide range of potential causes of damage in shipment.

In addition to their QC procedures, I perform my own QC checks via random spot checking, AND we've recently engaged a professional QC consulting firm to do a final check on all orders before shipment.

However, no matter how much QC we do, there will always be that small percentage of defectives, and sometimes a particular batch might be on the high side, maybe due to a particular worker, or due to a particular batch of componants, or whatever. As you're ordering several batts at a time, if they are the same type, color, length and so on they may have been from the same batch which may account for it. We are working now on instituting a lot code system to help us match returns to the order we received them in, including info like what day they were manufactured, which assembly line they came off of, etc, to help us identify the sources of any problems.

That's why we back up our product with our warranty, and will continue to do so.

Again, I apologize for the bad batts and cartos you've received. I hate to put it down to bad luck, but we haven't seen any recent drop in overall quality in our QC checks and inspections, or any increase in returns or complaints, so all I can do is apologize and hope that you will stick with us.

zamair

Jun 26, 2011
USA
So I opened an email from Bloog and was greeted with an advertisement stating "When I first joined the Bloog team several years ago, I actually wasn’t a smoker." It goes on to talk about the "cool factor" of smoking. I must say that I was offended and insulted, which I'm sure was not the intention. So many of us have struggled to stay away from analogs and ecigs provide an alternative...not something to do because it's "cool." This type of advertising does not help to promote ecigs. Please give more thought to future advertisements.

prometheus

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Pittsburgh PA
Hey Leaford, any news on the mods you were looking into to add to the Bloog line? I have been seeing some pop up in the UK that are nothing more then a fat bat vv devices that look as sleek and high tech as an apple product! Only problem is one, they are by vendors I don't know or trust, and two they are not made by Bloog! I thought Bloog was going to be the first one out with such a device. Is that not a market the Bloog wants to get into anymore? Love the sealed Aurora's, I have 12 of them now lol, but would love a nice polished mod made by Bloog too!

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
We are going to be launching big batt models very soon, look for them around mid-november.

The first model will be a fairly standard model, but manufactured to Bloog's usual superior quality. I have looked at a LOT of different "feature-added" models, and frankly I've had problems with all of the ones I've looked into. VV models that have problems with IC chips and LCD screens, charge indicators that are inaccurate or hard to read, mini-usb passthrough/charging ports with bad connectors, etc., etc.. Our design philosophy is simple. We want our customers to have a satisfying vamping experience, every time. The last thing we want to do is bring out something loaded with nifty seeming features that don't actually work. ;)

goinpostal

Verified Member
Sep 23, 2012
chattanooga
Leaford, i see where this has been mentioned a few times but here it goes again ;) Bloog RY4. it is what got me off the stinkies. the flavor seems so muted now :( i keep coming back for more thinking i will find my nirvana juice again but no luck. ANY possibility of double flavor option on the ry4? i have tried a few others here and there but nothing comes close so far. i'm begging here :p PLEASE PRETTY PLEASE?
Also, will your new line of big batteries have the Aurora finish?

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
I'll see what I can do on the RY4. We have been getting some comments about flavor drift, so that's something I'm turning my attention to starting immediately. I'm back in the US now, getting a new visa, so I'll be picking up old samples of all our flavors to have analyzed to ensure that our original flavors are maintained from now on.

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
I'll see what I can do on the RY4. We have been getting some comments about flavor drift, so that's something I'm turning my attention to starting immediately. I'm back in the US now, getting a new visa, so I'll be picking up old samples of all our flavors to have analyzed to ensure that our original flavors are maintained from now on.

Not sure if you have samples that old, but an original 555 sample would also taste (and smell) very different from current batches.
That's not to say that if some components in the e-liquid had to be changed for some reason that that isn't perfectly fine, and it's my all-day-vape, but the original flavor was simply uniquely memorable.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Will the fat batt charge using the existing usb charger? If so, that would be a big plus I think.

Thanks for all you do for us!

Yes it will.

Not sure if you have samples that old, but an original 555 sample would also taste (and smell) very different from current batches.
That's not to say that if some components in the e-liquid had to be changed for some reason that that isn't perfectly fine, and it's my all-day-vape, but the original flavor was simply uniquely memorable.

Yes, 555 is on my list for special attention, and I do have an original 5ml bottle left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread