THE OFFICIAL BLOOG "Hey Leaford, I have a question!" THREAD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
I got samples to check today, so see for yourself:

View attachment 35826

I like the shade of purple, but was looking for more of a royal purple. And it's too flat and doesn't have the lustre of the other colors. I think I'll have to reject this one.

View attachment 35825

But I do like the pink. Lusterous, dark and rich.

That purple is not up to Bloog standards. It looks generic. REJECT IT! :)

The pink is perfect. They need to deepen the shade of purple a bit (like the deep blue and deep red), and give it the 'luster' finish.

Sorry, that wasn't a question.

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal
I got samples to check today, so see for yourself:

View attachment 35826

I like the shade of purple, but was looking for more of a royal purple. And it's too flat and doesn't have the lustre of the other colors. I think I'll have to reject this one.

View attachment 35825

But I do like the pink. Lusterous, dark and rich.

Hey Leaford! Holy cow! I love the pink :wub: and that's not something you'll hear me say very often. It is more of a raspberry, not the pepto pink I was afraid of. I want one!!!
You're right about the purple though, a bit dull but not a bad shade... maybe could be a smidge darker.

Thanks for the preview!

Last edited:

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Thanks Leaford.
Also, I couldn't tell in the video, but the sheath part almost look like a stiff cowhide.
How would it be in something soft like a moccasin?
Just curious.

I honestly don't know how to say this without any possible double meaning. :)

The stiffness helps the e-cig slide in and out.

popeye79

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2011
WA, USA
Still wondering an approximate date for the website (I really want bloog juice).

Also.. concerning the mini pcc problem with peeling- I got one of the new ones (ordered a few weeks ago after they'd been sold out forever), that you said was supposed to have paint/finish from a new supplier; and it's peeling with VERY little use (just put it in my shirt pocket going to work).

Can you use the same rubber coating from the bats, on the mini pcc? That stuff would NEVER come off. :)

Thanks,

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Still wondering an approximate date for the website (I really want bloog juice).
Red, could you please ask Mike and Jason about that tomorrow?

Also.. concerning the mini pcc problem with peeling- I got one of the new ones (ordered a few weeks ago after they'd been sold out forever), that you said was supposed to have paint/finish from a new supplier; and it's peeling with VERY little use (just put it in my shirt pocket going to work).

Can you use the same rubber coating from the bats, on the mini pcc? That stuff would NEVER come off. :)

Actually, you're misremembering a little. We switched to a different painter/printer or whatever for the batts, to try to solve the black battery peeling issue. And I haven't heard any reports of that in a while so I think it worked.

The cases were originally coated by the same supplier as the batts, I don't know whether they switched with the batts, but I imagine they did.

But that issue is one of the things I'll be discussing this afternoon, so I'll keep you posted.

Hey Leaford,

If cracking issues persist with the clearomizers, any chance of going the tank route similar to Vapourettes? Seems like they might not be available in the U.S., so I don't have any experience with them, but you can find the website and a review below. Hard to say with no hands-on vaping, but it seems like an interesting idea. The Ovale Elips is similar as well and has a few previews out. You can find a link to that below as well.

Mini Tankomizer electronic cigarette

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/canada-forum/178629-mini-tank-review-vapourettes-com.html

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...s/179330-ovale-elips-tank-system-preview.html

beachpuff

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
Lost
Hey Leaford, I have another question.... A while back there was a discussion about Bloog cartos tasting burnt on a freshly charged non-regulated battery. I believe it had something to do with the ohms of the cartos plus the 4.2 batteries. I experienced this myself, and have since switched to regulated batteries and have had no carto issues until recently.

I found a couple of Bloog prefilled cartos in my stash, so I vaped them & refilled them, using them daily. They taste burnt initially on a freshly charged Bloog battery, including my old blue Bloog, which has never done this before. I still think my new Bloogs are not performing like my old blue, which would explain the burnt taste. But I'm wondering if this is a sign that old blue might be dying or somehow turning non-regulated?

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Hey Leaford, I have another question.... A while back there was a discussion about Bloog cartos tasting burnt on a freshly charged non-regulated battery. I believe it had something to do with the ohms of the cartos plus the 4.2 batteries. I experienced this myself, and have since switched to regulated batteries and have had no carto issues until recently.

I found a couple of Bloog prefilled cartos in my stash, so I vaped them & refilled them, using them daily. They taste burnt initially on a freshly charged Bloog battery, including my old blue Bloog, which has never done this before. I still think my new Bloogs are not performing like my old blue, which would explain the burnt taste. But I'm wondering if this is a sign that old blue might be dying or somehow turning non-regulated?

I really don't know, and I am still looking into that last batch. Production just started late last night on our newest batts, and I will be able to start some comparative testing on Monday. The voltage regulation, as I understand it is still integrated into the one chip, so I suppose yes it could be a sign of a bad chip. But it could also be a result of liquid damage, or it might have been individual inconsistancies in the old carto design we're fixing with MF V2 cartos. Or just random outlying anomalies.

beachpuff

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2011
Lost
I really don't know, and I am still looking into that last batch. Production just started late last night on our newest batts, and I will be able to start some comparative testing on Monday. The voltage regulation, as I understand it is still integrated into the one chip, so I suppose yes it could be a sign of a bad chip. But it could also be a result of liquid damage, or it might have been individual inconsistancies in the old carto design we're fixing with MF V2 cartos. Or just random outlying anomalies.

Thanks Leaford, sorry to be such a pain in the ...:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread