THE OFFICIAL BLOOG "Hey Leaford, I have a question!" THREAD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

analog

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Was it something I said?
Hey Leaford
If we wanted to test our own batteries, how should this be done? Just connecting a multimeter to the battery and blowing on it to activate will give us the voltage, I've done this before. IF it is above 3.7, this indicates a fault somewhere, right, presumably in the regulator chip? For this test there is no need to test this "under load", correct? The BMF should put out steady 3.7 (or 3.6?) regardless of load, right?

ETA I also have been noticing a foul taste on fresh batteries and some cartos on both my bmf's. I had chalked it up to the carto being dry, but I'm noticing that often these cartos that get thrown in the empty box aren't empty at all and vape fine after a bit of puffing...

ETA2, one of my batts tested at 3.7 fresh off the charger, other one is at baby-momma's house so I'll test that one soon...

Last edited:

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Hey Leaford
If we wanted to test our own batteries, how should this be done? Just connecting a multimeter to the battery and blowing on it to activate will give us the voltage, I've done this before. IF it is above 3.7, this indicates a fault somewhere, right, presumably in the regulator chip? For this test there is no need to test this "under load", correct? The BMF should put out steady 3.7 (or 3.6?) regardless of load, right?
Right.

ETA I also have been noticing a foul taste on fresh batteries and some cartos on both my bmf's. I had chalked it up to the carto being dry, but I'm noticing that often these cartos that get thrown in the empty box aren't empty at all and vape fine after a bit of puffing...
I can only speculate. Liquid may have flowed away from the wick during storage. Just kind of guessing, but warming up, and being held upright, may allowed a dry wick to wick some liquid up.

profection

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2011
Daytona Beach, FL via Minnesota
Hey leaford,

Looked back a bit but didn't see that anyone has asked this. I have one of my newer style 78mm bats that has a mind of it's own. It turns on and off by itself I have to take the carto off when I am not using it or it just sits there and comes on and crackles and then turns off. Still turns off and on with carto removed. Any ideas?

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Hey leaford,

Looked back a bit but didn't see that anyone has asked this. I have one of my newer style 78mm bats that has a mind of it's own. It turns on and off by itself I have to take the carto off when I am not using it or it just sits there and comes on and crackles and then turns off. Still turns off and on with carto removed. Any ideas?

Other than a bad switch? No. Contact cs@bloogplanet.com and return it.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
They offer the white battery with red LED. Would that work?

I have it. It's fine (although it definitely doesn't last as long as all my other batteries, but that's another issue), but it doesn't look like an analog from a distance. That's important to some people I'm trying to convince to switch to vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread