Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahomey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Illinois
Hi vegaschef21,

I've had a similar experience with The Cure. FOOB (for me, at least) it's a bit bland. But when I let it steep for 60-90 days it's a totally different juice. Just exquisite after a 60 day steep. I also have some of The Cure from 06/15. Right now, it doesn't taste the way it does after some steep time. I can tell you that there is a very noticeable difference in taste after 60 days. Maybe you should steep it a bit more? Hope this helps a bit.

M4rtin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
New Jersey, USA
I would e-mail nicoticket your order number and the batch number that is on the bottle. They would be the best at determining the problem you are having. They have always been great at helping me. I hope you are able to get your problem resolved.

email: contact@nicoticket.com

• Phone: 402-505-8482
  • FAX: 402-505-8730

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Hi everyone I have a question/concern with my latest purchase of the cure. The born date is 6/17/2015. And i just revived my order on mon 7/20. I have tried it in various tanks ( Monster v2, Atlantis v2, Triton ) and different builds from claptons, parallel, and a standard wrap with nickel, kantal, titanium, and even SS ) at around 35-45 watts on the ipv4 ( updated )well usually when I get a fresh bottles in (120ml this time ) I like to let it breath for 24-48 hrs and after I'd fill a tank and test her out. Well I don't know if it's I'm getting older and my taste buds aren't as sharp as they once were or what but this batch of the cure doesn't taste like the norm. It's very bland, I'm not getting " The Cure " that I'm used to. I don't know what to do next besides let it steep ? I'll usually let it sit for 5 -7 weeks, but I've never had a batch this week, it's just not its usual flavor very week like it's almost missing something wich I'm pretty sure it's not but something is definitely off. Any ideas, or suggestions ?? Thanks in advance, any info or suggestions will help at this point.

Believe it or not the glass bottles stop the juice from any steeping no matter how long they've been sitting. No exchange of air equals no steeping. Get some of the cure into a plastic bottle and it will steep far faster than in glass.

For instance I like my GCD steeped for months and recently decanted some into plastic bottles (yes, I reuse my old LDPE bottles for this...)

Left bottle is GCD from 9/14, right bottle from 12/14 kept in glass until decanted about a month ago. It's much darker now.

5spike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
WI
Believe it or not the glass bottles stop the juice from any steeping no matter how long they've been sitting. No exchange of air equals no steeping. Get some of the cure into a plastic bottle and it will steep far faster than in glass.

For instance I like my GCD steeped for months and recently decanted some into plastic bottles (yes, I reuse my old LDPE bottles for this...)

Left bottle is GCD from 9/14, right bottle from 12/14 kept in glass until decanted about a month ago. It's much darker now.

Agree 100% !
I always decant to plastic. Don't really like the glass bottles except maybe for long term storage. But my stuff usually doesn't stay in storage long!

StarreLabelle

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2014
Texas, Near Randolph Air Force Base
Hi everyone I have a question/concern with my latest purchase of the cure. The born date is 6/17/2015. And i just revived my order on mon 7/20. I have tried it in various tanks ( Monster v2, Atlantis v2, Triton ) and different builds from claptons, parallel, and a standard wrap with nickel, kantal, titanium, and even SS ) at around 35-45 watts on the ipv4 ( updated )well usually when I get a fresh bottles in (120ml this time ) I like to let it breath for 24-48 hrs and after I'd fill a tank and test her out. Well I don't know if it's I'm getting older and my taste buds aren't as sharp as they once were or what but this batch of the cure doesn't taste like the norm. It's very bland, I'm not getting " The Cure " that I'm used to. I don't know what to do next besides let it steep ? I'll usually let it sit for 5 -7 weeks, but I've never had a batch this week, it's just not its usual flavor very week like it's almost missing something wich I'm pretty sure it's not but something is definitely off. Any ideas, or suggestions ?? Thanks in advance, any info or suggestions will help at this point.
I've found that my taste buds change, even on the same bottle, when I vape the same flavor all the time. A friend of mine gave me a bottle of The Cure in 12mg, and I was vaping 6mg, and I noticed a big difference in taste. I like the 6mg much better, the added nicotine made it taste bitter, and since I'd never noticed this with other flavors I think The Cure just doesn't cover up the taste of the nicotine as well as some flavors.

vegaschef21

Verified Member
Jul 12, 2015
Thank you all for your help, all the information I have received from you guys will hopefully help in preserving the cure. StarreLabella I am VAPING at 6 mg of nice and always have. I'm waiting for NT go get back to me and hoping they'll help me with this issue thank you guys again and if anyone has any suggestions please feel free ! I'll keep you posted.

Augmented Dog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA

Perfect advice!

StarreLabelle

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2014
The last time I ordered Frenilla, a few months ago. I got it sent in one of the last plastic bottles, and I'd never seen it so dark unsteeped. It had to be because it was stored in plastic, because the bottle had not been opened. It honestly tasted a bit off, and I'm glad Nicoticket switched to glass bottles now. ☺
Does anyone know if they are ever going to start putting droppers in all the bottles? That sure would be nice.

StarreLabelle

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2014

That's very true! The plastic bottles will begin to steep, and I imagine that's why most vendors began using glass. Now that I know, I'm glad for the switch to glass. [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4]

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
That's very true! The plastic bottles will begin to steep, and I imagine that's why most vendors began using glass. Now that I know, I'm glad for the switch to glass. [emoji4] [emoji4] [emoji4]
And awesome for storing a big amount without worry. :)

Partspro

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Winneconne,WI,USA
Hi everybody, I need some direction. My 76 year old father was told today that he has Beurgers disease which is causing excruciating pain in his right hand. He was told that he MUST STOP SMOKING ASAP, or risk losing fingers to gangrene.
I was floored when my Dad asked the doctor for advice on quitting, and the doctor suggested researching a personal vaporizer and getting him started with that. His advise was that, in his experience, more people are successful quitting using a P-V than any of the other smoking cessation products available.
Now I have had no need for any new gear for quite some time now, and I could PIF the stuff I have to Dad, but I think he might do better with something that has replaceable coils. What is out there in a tank now that works well, is easy to fill and doesn't leak ?

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Hi everybody, I need some direction. My 76 year old father was told today that he has Beurgers disease which is causing excruciating pain in his right hand. He was told that he MUST STOP SMOKING ASAP, or risk losing fingers to gangrene.
I was floored when my Dad asked the doctor for advice on quitting, and the doctor suggested researching a personal vaporizer and getting him started with that. His advise was that, in his experience, more people are successful quitting using a P-V than any of the other smoking cessation products available.
Now I have had no need for any new gear for quite some time now, and I could PIF the stuff I have to Dad, but I think he might do better with something that has replaceable coils. What is out there in a tank now that works well, is easy to fill and doesn't leak ?
I am still using protanks and rebuild my own coils so not sure about all that but GO DOCTOR!!!! How much does he smoke? I would suggest try buying flavorless juice to start to get him off the smokes. Hit his nic cravings hard so it will show him that he can do this then switch to flavored juices when he is sure? I have a mini subtank but I only like the rebuild deck, not the packaged coils. Good luck to him and GO DAD! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :thumbs:

Reactions: Kent Brooks

Partspro

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Winneconne,WI,USA
I am still using protanks and rebuild my own coils so not sure about all that but GO DOCTOR!!!! How much does he smoke? I would suggest try buying flavorless juice to start to get him off the smokes. Hit his nic cravings hard so it will show him that he can do this then switch to flavored juices when he is sure? I have a mini subtank but I only like the rebuild deck, not the packaged coils. Good luck to him and GO DAD! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :thumbs:
Yeah, mind blown when it came out of the doctors mouth.
Dad is at least a pack/day and he knows it worked for me, so I think he is receptive.
I started with Protanks myself, had a couple of mini2's I believe? But I don't really think they were any better than my EVOD glass tanks. What do you like Megan?

Reactions: Kent Brooks

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Yeah, mind blown when it came out of the doctors mouth.
Dad is at least a pack/day and he knows it worked for me, so I think he is receptive.
I started with Protanks myself, had a couple of mini2's I believe? But I don't really think they were any better than my EVOD glass tanks. What do you like Megan?
I'm using protanks 1&2 with rebuilt coils. You can still get heads for these so he doesn't have to rebuilt them and at a pack a day 18mg would hit him pretty well, he just needs to vape whenever the cravings hit. It won't be long before he goes to 12 and he could stay there for as long as he needs. Smoking is what restricts the circulation. Now he can "smoke" by vaping and not lose his fingers! :)

For me getting off nicotine was nothing, it was the habit of reaching for something, the hand to mouth habit that kept me going back to cigs. Best of good fortune to your dad!! :D

Partspro

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Winneconne,WI,USA
I'm using protanks 1&2 with rebuilt coils. You can still get heads for these so he doesn't have to rebuilt them and at a pack a day 18mg would hit him pretty well, he just needs to vape whenever the cravings hit. It won't be long before he goes to 12 and he could stay there for as long as he needs. Smoking is what restricts the circulation. Now he can "smoke" by vaping and not lose his fingers! :)

For me getting off nicotine was nothing, it was the habit of reaching for something, the hand to mouth habit that kept me going back to cigs. Best of good fortune to your dad!! :D
Beurgers is actually pretty bad. It is the nicotine that is causing his problems. But like you mentioned, if he can continue with the hand to mouth, he stands a chance. Thanks for the help!

Shaneguide

Ain't Life Grand
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Saco Maine

If there is any gear that you think you may need, let me know...I dont have a ton of stuff, but if there something that I am not using that may assist your dad, consider it yours

Partspro

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Winneconne,WI,USA
If there is any gear that you think you may need, let me know...I dont have a ton of stuff, but if there something that I am not using that may assist your dad, consider it yours
Thanks Shane, I do appreciate the offer!
It's people like you that make this community special....

Partspro

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2014
Winneconne,WI,USA
Any update on this? How is he doing?
Hi Kent!

Dad is improving, when I saw him Saturday, he was down to 2 cigarettes a day. I set him up with an istick 30 and 3 eleaf GS air M tanks (LynnNC gave these a thumbs up) with zero nicotine liquids. He is vaping most of the day now. That and when he does smoke, I have him using his left hand as I don't think the absorption into his right hand was helping matters.
Now a different doctor has started him on Chantix even after hearing my objections and has pumped two rounds of Botox into his hand. He is going in weekly for these shots. Not sure I like the doctors treatments, but at least the pain is subsiding.

crixer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2011
Atlanta
I have come to ask for any advice. I love Gravity. Did I mention that I love Gravity...? It is by far my favorite juice. My problems are, I lose the taste of it so quickly. It gunks wicks and coils like a mad man. I love the taste in a kabuki tank at 10 watts with a nautilus 1.6ohm bvc coil. I originally bought my kayfun 4 in hopes that changing the wick/coil at half tank would keep it vaping with the taste.

Does anyone else have this problem or is it just my taste buds? If I don't vape it for a month, that first half tank is fabulous... then it starts gunking, taste changes and it isn't pleasant.

I wouldn't go to this much trouble for one juice, but I think it is the best tasting juice out there. What wattage do you gravity vapers vape at?

thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread