The ole switcheroo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieferz

Oct 19, 2014
Louisville,Ky
Ugh! Have any of you ever been to your local B&M store and tried out a flavor in their testers and it taste amazeballs and so you purchase it and get it home and try it in your (supposedly far superior) own set up and it taste godawful?!? It makes me so mad and frustrated! Money lost and makes me want to just get a cheap set up like they have for their testers just to be able to know what to expect. Grrr!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I recently worked at a vape shop that had a flavor sample bar, about 20 brands covering over 120 flavors. They used eGo Spinner batteries and clearomizer toppers.

You'll find that each juice delivery device and battery device will allow for some differences in flavor and vapor production. From clearos, cartos, RTA's to RDA's - all will change the flavor slightly. Even the type of processor (anyone recall the "Rattlesnake Effect" debates?) in regulated mods can affect the vape experience.

The smarter testers who made use of the bar would bring their own mods and RBA drippers to sample the flavors at the bar by direct dripping. Most of the sample flavors were in the 6 mg nicotine category. The less the nicotine, the more the flavor would shine through. Nicotine will "color" the basic flavor, as nicotine by itself has a peppery taste. So if you bought 18 mg, yeah it will taste different than the 6 mg that was at the bar.

When I began vaping three years ago, there were NO vape shops to sample flavors. You bought your flavors and e-liquids online based on the companies' descriptions and from word of mouth recommendations on the forums. And of course, recommendations are very subjective to individuals' personal tastes.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
When I began vaping three years ago, there were NO vape shops to sample flavors. You bought your flavors and e-liquids online based on the companies' descriptions and from word of mouth recommendations on the forums.

No testing in any shop near me. So, I guess that puts us at least 3 years behind times. :rolleyes:

I would have thought further behind, but that's just me.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread