Status
Not open for further replies.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Unit arrived this afternoon. As indicated in previous posts it fits nicely in hand and the brass accents with the wood make it look classy. Without the display this is more like the Kick than the Darwin but, an experienced Darwin user will be able to dial in the vape by taste. In line volt meter shows that like other Evolv gear when changing attys/cartos with different ohms the unit is compensating and delivering different volts to maintain wattage. It has a charge indicator light on board and I am charging the unit now. I have only danced with it for a few minutes but from what I have seen this is a nice addition to the ever growing Evolv arsenal down here in the man cave.

@jmarkus 510 connection volt meter and maxed out (not fully charged) several different ohms tried and mine seems to top out around 10.1 watts. For me this is fine since I never really go above 8.5 - 9 watts.

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
hey retired, i dont think theres anything negative about posting exactly what people are experiencing with the opus, if 12 watts isnt the max then it shouldn't be stated as such. $240 is a decent amount of bread, so expecting it to work as advertised shouldn't be viewed as negative. these posts might even be helpful in diagnosing a problem, if there is one, and if its a widespread issue or just 1 or 2 units.

maybe you we're talking about something else.

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Yup...There will be some delay. We have decided to put an additional heat sync into the updated and final release as they will go slightly higher in watts. The watts generated to actually meter 12 watts is slightly over 12 (somewhere around 13.7ish) becasue of the heat it will generate while generating 12 watts. Which we thought might casue excessive heat inside of a sealed unit with no place for the transferrence. That being said it will take a couple days for us to upgrade the production ,so we should be getting some towards the middle of next week. Thanks
Drew

DawnsFolly

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
Saint Petersburg, Florida
Yup...There will be some delay. We have decided to put an additional heat sync into the updated and final release as they will go slightly higher in watts. The watts generated to actually meter 12 watts is slightly over 12 (somewhere around 13.7ish) becasue of the heat it will generate while generating 12 watts. Which we thought might casue excessive heat inside of a sealed unit with no place for the transferrence. That being said it will take a couple days for us to upgrade the production ,so we should be getting some towards the middle of next week. Thanks
Drew

Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me .... Thanks Drew! :D

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
I also thought they sounded little high priced at the final tally, but these are not the average device. There are cheaply made box mods with hot glued internal circuitry for $175 after you buy batteries and chargers.
These are heavy duty milled, treated brass ends on, USA milled ,hand finished wooden sleeves, internal machined mounting brackets with dual 800 mah Li-poly battery packs and built in internal USB charging. That's allot for the price considering it has Darwin technology inside.
I would love to make. something this nice for less money but the reality of it is that it wouldn't be this nice and it would be impossible to offer the appropriate warranty. This will double the battery life of any 18650 mod on the market and triple the boosted VVs currently on the market with nothing to carry but a USB charger to recharge.
We have cut no corners here and wil make no excuses. Im excited about it and believe people will be impressed with the performance and rugged, elegant design...
I respect your opine( 2 cents) just the same and understand your concerns. Thanks
Drew
ps Once we catch up with the current demand we wil probably consider some color variations but I dont really see that happening too soon.

Last edited:

patch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
nyc
i regretted not having pulled the trigger on this when drew initially posted the opus launch. now i am happy to get the updated version--i'm afraid that 9 watts just isn't enough for me. in drips and drabs i have been reading that modders have had similar trouble with their DNA mods...wondering if this is just a coincidence?

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
FYI..It is my understanding that after the first run of DNA's a component "tolerance stacking issue" was discovered and they've widened the power range on all future DNA's which will result in reaching at least 12 watts, maybe even slightly higher. You all know Brandon's reputation for customer service, and Evolv's products, so I see no reason for concern....AND we all also know Drew...nuff said.....

i regretted not having pulled the trigger on this when drew initially posted the opus launch. now i am happy to get the updated version--i'm afraid that 9 watts just isn't enough for me. in drips and drabs i have been reading that modders have had similar trouble with their DNA mods...wondering if this is just a coincidence?

jmarkus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
CA USA
FYI..It is my understanding that after the first run of DNA's a component "tolerance stacking issue" was discovered and they've widened the power range on all future DNA's which will result in reaching at least 12 watts, maybe even slightly higher. You all know Brandon's reputation for customer service, and Evolv's products, so I see no reason for concern....AND we all also know Drew...nuff said.....

thanks retird!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread