Not open for further replies.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Problem is I try something new .............. but then grab an ole A7

and go
    That+sigh+of+relief+when+I+saw+Made+of+Bread+_45e2a61058ec90881410e855b27d1041.gif

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I seem to have an insatiable building addiction :confused: If I didn't I would probably only have like 4 Lemos and 8 Roses or something as those were 2 of my first 3 RTAs and I fell in love with them.

Part of this I blame on the Rose. Its so good I went on a bender to find out what else was that good. And became addicted to RTAs.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    I seem to have an insatiable building addiction :confused: If I didn't I would probably only have like 4 Lemos and 8 Roses or something as those were 2 of my first 3 RTAs and I fell in love with them.

Part of this I blame on the Rose. Its so good I went on a bender to find out what else was that good. And became addicted to RTAs.

I got sucked in to the RTA craze very briefly; bought a Smok RBST or RSBT, whatever -- not a genny, just a rebuildable tank with glass. Hated it; I ended up PIFing it to someone who apparently liked it a lot, so at least it got SOME use. But that cured me -- there ARE no "kayfun killers"; KFL+'s vape is EXACTLY right for me, for a tank.

I kept trying this and that RDAs; Magma is ok, but it has to stay at home due to its leaking and need to remain absolutely vertical. Got a Veritas then, hate that. That almost cured me of trying new RDAs, but then I heard about the Achilles, and people were fussing because the draw is SOOO tight, so that intrigued me. Even my first one wasn't too costly, $24.95, and I'm glad I persevered with trying RDAs, because the vape in that is really perfect for me, and it holds 2.5ml, so I don't have to do the constant or even every-half-hour (like the Magma) dripping.

So now that I've found my bliss... I pretty much ignore all new attys that come along.

Andria

ETA: if someone came up with a rebuildable carto that wasn't junk (like the FT version of the Diver) and a) doesn't cost $100+, and b) doesn't require NR-R-NR wire, I'd probably try it, just because I have some nice cartotanks that are going to waste.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 16, 2013
    @tj99959 I can tell you one thing I think you would like: a Prometey. Its kind of a carto/RTA cross and not fiddly at all.
    I have one incoming and can hardly contain myself! It's going on a Ti Mini Provari. I miss my Spheroid v3 - should try to pick another one up soon. Really excited to try the Prometey cause I have a lifetime supply of fluff!

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I have one incoming and can hardly contain myself! It's going on a Ti Mini Provari. I miss my Spheroid v3 - should try to pick another one up soon. Really excited to try the Prometey cause I have a lifetime supply of fluff!

You will probably love it. Its a 22mm Spheroid :)

Anything for 30mm Tootlers?

Eric

I don't have any 30mm attys, but check out the Big Buddha and Evil Eye from EHPro. They may be suitable.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 1, 2013
    Salem, OR
    I've noticed in the Rose, Taifun, and Erlkonigin threads a lot of people posting that their Kayfuns don't get much use anymore after vaping on those particular RTAs. I can believe it, as I have those 3 RTAs and love them, and it doesn't really make me want to even try a Kayfun. :D

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I've noticed in the Rose, Taifun, and Erlkonigin threads a lot of people posting that their Kayfuns don't get much use anymore after vaping on those particular RTAs. I can believe it, as I have those 3 RTAs and love them, and it doesn't really make me want to even try a Kayfun. :D

I've sold my Kayfuns. They aren't bad attys at all; I just have a lot of others I like more.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    My Magma never leaks, lucky me :)

See, I think there are like 30 Kayfun Killers :D I'm just not that big a fan of Kayfuns.

My Magma doesn't leak *much*... I put an o-ring under the AFC band, to make my airflow setting stay put, and that also seems to help with the leaking... but everytime I pick it up, I feel a trace of ejuice on my fingers. And it has to stay vertical or it leaks everywhere. I still use it... but not much. :D

If I'm going to use a tank, it's almost certainly going to be a KFL+ -- I have 4 of them. :D I do have some cartos and a few nice cartotanks, but to me, the flavor from those is just a tease -- more than you'd get from a BCC, but not nearly as much as you get from just about any rebuildable.

Andria

Reactions: David Wolf

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    there ARE no "kayfun killers"
    To me the Flash e-Vapor V3 is a serious Kayfun Killer, I can dry burn, rewick and fill it in less than a minute and a half... The FeV has excellent flavor, not Rose quality but very very good. It has a single side airflow that is adjustable all the way down to 1mm.

He builds an authentic with silica, but cotton and a Kanthal spaced or contact coil works perfectly too.

Here is one of the best Clones available.
    http://focalecig.com/Product/Flash-e-Vapor-V3-StyledRebuildable-Atomizer-by-HotcigSilver-22772

Here is the Glass tank which makes it look a lot less industrial. :)
    http://focalecig.com/Product/Flash-e-Vapor-V3Glass-TankSilver-by-Hotcig-24307

Eric Auer

ECF Veteran
    Dec 14, 2014
    PA
    Reactions: TrollDragon

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    I guess I prefer the Lemo to the KFL or 3.1 because it comes with a glass tank, has a larger build deck, and the airflow is very versatile so it suits a wide variety of vapers. Its also an inexpensive authentic.

The Kayfun 4, while innovative, is probably a disaster for anyone not mechanically inclined. Some people say, oh, well, you don't need to be able to break it down or put it back together. Um, yes, you do if you're ever going to clean it or have to replace or fix something. Whose going to throw away a $170 atty once its yucky or the counternut needs tightened? :eek:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    To me the Flash e-Vapor V3 is a serious Kayfun Killer, I can dry burn, rewick and fill it in less than a minute and a half... The FeV has excellent flavor, not Rose quality but very very good. It has a single side airflow that is adjustable all the way down to 1mm.

He builds an authentic with silica, but cotton and a Kanthal spaced or contact coil works perfectly too.

Here is one of the best Clones available.
    http://focalecig.com/Product/Flash-e-Vapor-V3-StyledRebuildable-Atomizer-by-HotcigSilver-22772

Here is the Glass tank which makes it look a lot less industrial. :)
    http://focalecig.com/Product/Flash-e-Vapor-V3Glass-TankSilver-by-Hotcig-24307

It's just too dadgum tall. One reason I like the "kayfun lite" style is that it's not so tall. And that's one more thing I like better about the Achilles, it's just a bit shorter than a kayfun lite. I really tried to like the Derringer, because of its extremely low profile, but it's just too airy for me; the side airflow thing again, and inability to truly restrict unneeded airflow holes.

Andria

Reactions: TrollDragon
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread