Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Funny how Lemos are "so yesterday" until a sale pops up. Then they fly out the door.

Yeah, that's happened to KFs as well, and how I got my stable to grow almost overnight from 8 to 20 :facepalm:

And found some KF4s for $5, so HAD to get 4 of those as well.... (While the top fill was interesting, and for me the glass tank wasn't needed, the parts count kept me from them, but......)

My first RTA was a Lemo, and it's still what I vape the most. I guess I'm not capable of vaping "progress." :) If only I could attach the juice-fill top of a V2 to a V1...

Well, if you're gonna count that way, I guess I have seven -- six v1s & one v2.

Vaping progress? Each day I progress to another day as an EX-smoker, all the progress I need! :lol:

Adding the kick turns the mech into a regulated mod, however.

But you still have a mech when/if that Kick fails. Have 3 or 4 mechs and a half dozen Kicks in the stash box. Semper Paratus.

O.C.D.MakesMeDoIt

Verified Member
Jan 9, 2016
Arizona
I have a couple of defenders scheduled to arrive today. If I like them I will buy more. If not then into the box they go. I still use my VV3's daily.
Keep us posted how you like 'em! We all wait with breath that is bated. Or is that baited? o_O My Defender will ship after China comes back to work when their holiday is over. Still thinking of tossing one of the Heatvape Invader Minis in da cart, same 70% off price as the Defender. :rolleyes:

My VV3 held up well for about a year and a half of constant daily chain-vape usage before it started not holding a charge very well. Considering it was my one and only mod at the time, that's not bad at all. It's now tucked away "in case of emergency".

O.C.D.MakesMeDoIt

Verified Member
Jan 9, 2016
Arizona
A 1.4Ω build, on a mech, would start at 12.5W and drop to about 8W by charging time. Never been a fan of mechs ONLY for this reason. A 12 or 15W kick will solve this problem, giving you the same vape throughout the battery charge (must keep build above 1.0Ω). Adding the kick turns the mech into a regulated mod, however.
Okay, so the amperage the battery is rated for is basically a really important factor there? (especially w/o a Kick)? Damn, I would find it terribly annoying having the power drop like that. Inconsistent vape and all.

Can definitely picture myself using a mech mod only if/when absolutely necessary.
(like in case of EMPs when all electronics suddenly fail -- in which case there would be so many other major crucial things to worry about that vaping might not even be a blip on the priority list)
:glug:

Last edited:

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
I can handle up to 10mm OD on a drip tip, but that took some getting used to. No way on these chuff cap type things. Awful :(

I cant do big tips either. The biggest one I have is a dotmod Petri. That is the max I will go too but that one is very comfy.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Okay, so the amperage the battery is rated for is basically a really important factor there? (especially w/o a Kick)? Damn, I would find it terribly annoying having the power drop like that. Inconsistent vape and all.

Yes, and that would be the CDR, aka Continuous Discharge Rate. Which may or may not be what's marked on the battery....

And yes again, that's always been the case with mechs. Carry spare batteries, when the vape starts to fall off, change 'em....

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
That's why its good to figure out the mech build that works for you. With the method I'm using (which took experimentation) I find the vape strong in the beginning for a bit, then about perfect for awhile, then a little weak at the end. However, when it feels perfect at the start, then it gets weak too fast for me.

O.C.D.MakesMeDoIt

Verified Member
Jan 9, 2016
Arizona
Yes, and that would be the CDR, aka Continuous Discharge Rate. Which may or may not be what's marked on the battery....

And yes again, that's always been the case with mechs. Carry spare batteries, when the vape starts to fall off, change 'em....
YIKES! So for let's say a 1.2ohm 10ish watt tootie puffer pretty much chain vaping... How many battery changes how often would you calculate? (no doubt there's a billion other variables to consider, but ballparkish?)

O.C.D.MakesMeDoIt

Verified Member
Jan 9, 2016
Arizona
That's why its good to figure out the mech build that works for you. With the method I'm using (which took experimentation) I find the vape strong in the beginning for a bit, then about perfect for awhile, then a little weak at the end. However, when it feels perfect at the start, then it gets weak too fast for me.
Do you use regulated or mechs the bulk of the time? And is there something about mechs you prefer being the reason why?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
YIKES! So for let's say a 1.2ohm 10ish watt tootie puffer pretty much chain vaping... How many battery changes how often would you calculate? (no doubt there's a billion other variables to consider, but ballparkish?)

About the same as a single battery regulated mod.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Do you use regulated or mechs the bulk of the time? And is there something about mechs you prefer being the reason why?

I use them both about equally. And I always use RDAs on mechs because I think leaking juice is the primary reason some have regulated mods dying left and right on them.

I like mechs for:
Longevity of the mod. Well cared for ones may last me for life.
Simplicity.
Small footprint in my vape stand and easy portability.
I think they're nice looking.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Kicked mechs deliver a consistent vape through the battery charge. A kick can be replaced economically, electronics in most mods cannot-- once they are dead, the mod is generally dead. Same principle as replaceable battery vs built-in battery. Like a VW bug, just shoehorn a new engine in.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
Kicked mechs deliver a consistent vape through the battery charge. A kick can be replaced economically, electronics in most mods cannot-- once they are dead, the mod is generally dead. Same principle as replaceable battery vs built-in battery. Like a VW bug, just shoehorn a new engine in.
I use a Kick in my Nemesis usually with a genny. They were pretty amazing back in the day and still are I think :) If Evolv came out with a 20w kick I would be all over it.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I keep 4 devices going at all times, I run two carto tanks on two Vamo5's and two Nautilus tanks on 2 iSticks.

What do I win for having the most outdated vaping equipment on this site?
now, now, I'm a carto user :) most problem free for me. I toy around with small building like on the sophia. I know i can get better flavor with rba's. but i just enjoy the ease of use and the consitant vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread