The Overlooked Tootle Puffer Gear Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Are the Prom clones Tobecco? I want to see the base disassembled because I used my Tobecco on a mech.
Yes its Tobecco
image.jpeg

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
I have a ni allergy, but ti has a cleaner taste to me than kanthal. Yet, it seemed weird to me at first because I was so used to kanthal.

Roxy's Guide to vaping (aka All the Things I've Learned, Including My Idiot Mistakes), complete with half finished video reviews with birdie mayhem.
I'd subscribe.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Yeah, that's the same as my base was. Do you not trust the insulators? Its not exactly a high power atty :D I built it 0.8-1.0 ohm for a mech.
There is nothing seperating the positive deck from the negative body except the 510 positive pin holding it down. Loosen the positive pin a bit and the positive deck will touch the side.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
actually I haven't placed an order for the wire yet. Thought I'd do some of my homework first. The SX won't make it to Cairo, Egypt for maybe a week or 10 days. Seems the Ti 24 is the way to go. Does it fit in the Rose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully TrollDragon knows since I haven't tried it, but I don't see why not.

I have not tried the 24g Ti in the Rose as I don't have any, I do know that 24g Kanthal fits it, so the Ti should as well.

As Roxy posted before, if the 0.3 ohm TC limit is not applicable to Ti mode then 26g or 28g might be a better option. The ideal thing to do would be to ask in the SX Mini TC thread for their opinion on the best choice for the SX/Rose combo. I would hate to suggest you get 24g Ti only to find out you need 70J to bring it alive, I should have picked up some 24g with my order.

Actually I should have got the 200' spool of SS430 for $5 when it was on.

Or order all three, 24g 26g and 28g to see what works best for you. ;)

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
There is nothing seperating the positive deck from the negative body except the 510 positive pin holding it down. Loosen the positive pin a bit and the positive deck will touch the side.
But it should be fine on my ProVaris correct??

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
All this time I wondered what a tootle puffer was and turns out I am one. Hahaha no matter what I do I can not wick a kayfun to save my life, but I do like my erlkonigin and squapes that I have. I like the look of the kanger sub tank so I use the Rebuildable head and make my coils about 1.5. I am waiting on a gem clone to see how that goes and a kraken v2 clone as well. But I do love my squape. Got my wife a kabuki the other day. She has found her nirvana now. It is awesome. Hate that it took me so long to find this tootle puffing thing.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Well my Prometey just landed as well and I had me a quick looks see. I must say that the threads were nice and smooth. Unfortunately I don't see this as my every day vape. It will do in a pinch but it only holds ~1ml in drip mode (probably less without leaking) and you have to unscrew the top to fill it as you can't drip down the DT hole. I don't see myself setting it up with the top wicking business. I will wick it up just to see what kind of taste it will throw (I'm betting it will be pretty full) but then I will probably Piff it. I have three Achiles and I like that design much better. I will keep my eyes out for a few more at a good price.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Well my Prometey just landed as well and I had me a quick looks see. I must say that the threads were nice and smooth. Unfortunately I don't see this as my every day vape. It will do in a pinch but it only holds ~1ml in drip mode (probably less without leaking) and you have to unscrew the top to fill it as you can't drip down the DT hole. I don't see myself setting it up with the top wicking business. I will wick it up just to see what kind of taste it will throw (I'm betting it will be pretty full) but then I will probably Piff it. I have three Achiles and I like that design much better. I will keep my eyes out for a few more at a good price.

Its super easy to set up with fluff. I posted a pic a few pages back showing how. Give it a fair chance :)

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Its super easy to set up with fluff. I posted a pic a few pages back showing how. Give it a fair chance :)

Because of your post, I really was going to give it a shot Roxy but they did not send any fluff with the addy and I really don't think that I want to order some just to try it. It just seems like one more "thing" and I am an active guy that unfortunately has to work for a living and I try to keep things as simple as possible with my gear.

Have you used its Titanium Mods sister atty the Achilles? Any comparison?

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I have a question for you mech aficionados. Have you ever heard of a Dovpo Safe Link. It's a little device that you screw between your mech and your atty. It gives you your ohms and your remaining battery voltage, plus it shows an error message when you have a short, so would give you short circuit protection. It's $2.99 on clearance at Vaporider, so I'm thinking of getting a couple for my mechs - unless you all know some reason why I shouldn't.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Because of your post, I really was going to give it a shot Roxy but they did not send any fluff with the addy and I really don't think that I want to order some just to try it. It just seems like one more "thing" and I am an active guy that unfortunately has to work for a living and I try to keep things as simple as possible with my gear.

Have you used its Titanium Mods sister atty the Achilles? Any comparison?

PM me and I'll send you some. I have fluff coming out of my ears.

I have a question for you mech aficionados. Have you ever heard of a Dovpo Safe Link. It's a little device that you screw between your mech and your atty. It gives you your ohms and your remaining battery voltage, plus it shows an error message when you have a short, so would give you short circuit protection. It's $2.99 on clearance at Vaporider, so I'm thinking of getting a couple for my mechs - unless you all know some reason why I shouldn't.

I'm not familiar. Will it fit in your mechs with the batteries you want to use?

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
All this time I wondered what a tootle puffer was and turns out I am one. Hahaha no matter what I do I can not wick a kayfun to save my life, but I do like my erlkonigin and squapes that I have. I like the look of the kanger sub tank so I use the Rebuildable head and make my coils about 1.5. I am waiting on a gem clone to see how that goes and a kraken v2 clone as well. But I do love my squape. Got my wife a kabuki the other day. She has found her nirvana now. It is awesome. Hate that it took me so long to find this tootle puffing thing.
I think i'm going to start adopting all abandoned Ehpro Kayfuns. They need love.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread