The Overlooked Tootle Puffer Gear Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Fluff is the most wonderful thing! The reason I love atties that use the fluff is they are absolutely leak free. Meaning - I fill them up and can throw them in a pocket, my purse - even left them in a hot truck and I live near the Bay in Mobile Alabama...NEVER a drop comes out of them.

They are even better now that I use ReadyxWick and can have a wick and coil last months without changing. Only run warm/hot water over the wick - burn off the water - all clean and ready to go in less than a minute.

Also, I rinse/clean my fluff! Don't laugh! It's easy. Get a paper towel - fold it - being gentle, unwrap the fluff from the chimney - lay it flat on the paper towel - run warm/hot water over it till it's clean - take another folded paper towel and pat the fluff to remove excess water. Then lay it flat on the counter. It dries very quickly.

Of course, as cheap as fluff is - this isn't necessary - but thought I would pass it on. Before DOMO shut down - I ordered 50 bags of fluff so I have enough for all my tanks for a lifetime lol

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
It actually screws into the 510 connection on the mod, then you screw your atty into it.

It's not clear to me whether it provides short circuit protection or short circuit notification:
"Short circuit protection: Show F2 and the backlight scintillation 10 times when short out, need to restart"

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
It's not clear to me whether it provides short circuit protection or short circuit notification:
"Short circuit protection: Show F2 and the backlight scintillation 10 times when short out, need to restart"

The way I took it is that it provides short circuit protection. If it didn't, I think your mod exploding would notify you of a short. :D It sounds like it gives an error message and closes off the circuit. It also warns you of a low battery. So to me, it basically provides the protections you would get with a regulated mod.

Last edited:

Woofer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2014
PA, SK, CA
Basically they are.

I would never have guessed where my vaping would take me. Sally's Beauty Supply, the vets for syringes and big spikes. The farm supply store for PG. The pet store for fluff. Never a dull moment. :lol:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
There is nothing seperating the positive deck from the negative body except the 510 positive pin holding it down. Loosen the positive pin a bit and the positive deck will touch the side.
Now you've got me nervous. I guess I'm glad I only bought one.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I modded the Origen, opened the large air hole to 2.75mm. Quite a diference :D

image.jpeg

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
Has anyone ever had coils look this clean after 4 weeks use? I'm trying to figure out if its the juice (Ohm's Vapes) or this atty. This is weird for me as at this point my coils usually look like crap.

Wow. That's an "after" pic? Mine don't even look that good later the same day. I've purchased from Ohm's before, but I don't recall anything about wick/coil wear one way or the other. I'm curious now, and I may try some on a new build to see.

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
Yeah, that's how they looked when I rewicked today. I took the pics because someone wanted to see the build, and then I realized they are just way too clean. They've been in there since I got that atty...4 or 5 weeks.

Is that kanthal? Sure you didn't accidentally pull something you've never used out of the vapocalypse box? ;)

This is like a Tide detergent commercial. By comparison, all my builds seem dingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread