Status
Not open for further replies.

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
Or is it The Flavor Apprentice? I'm sure the politically correct way to acknowledge the company regardless chances are you know who I'm talking about.

The first thing I love the most about their Pineapple Flavor is a little goes a long way. It's very tart, true to name in a fresh pineapple way. This stuff doesn't taste like "canned" pineapple.

The second thing about this Pineapple in particular is it's versatility. It has literately saved some other "fruit" type juices I have made. When there had been a juice that just wasn't popping in flavor right for me.... 3-4 drops of this flavor(to a 14ml batch of juice) somehow managed to make the other flavors in that juice come back to life. This may be sort of the "lemon juice" theory at play as well considering this is without a doubt quite the acidic flavor.

Two big thumbs up from me. This flavor is great in and of itself thus far. Been playing with it about 2 months. It's been a band-aid for juices I feared dead which makes it not only a flavor but a tool. If you love the taste of fresh pineapple I would say get at least a small vial. Perfumers Apprentice - Fruit and Vegetable Flavors

My go to pineapple recipe below

Pineapple Puff
:

TPA Pineapple 8%(may be bumped up if not strong enough to liking. I would not go past 11% personally)
Capella Vanilla Custard 2%
Flavor Art Vanilla Tahiti 2%

Razloz

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2012
Virginia Beach
I can't agree more. I just got into DIY about a week ago now I guess, and the Pineapple from TPA is by far my favorite. At the moment my go to blend for it is 8% mango 2% pineapple as the pineapple is such a powerful flavor it really goes a long way. Also loving their double chocolate (clear) truly a nice flavor. Still experimenting and loving every minute of it :D

Funny how you say it's your "band-aid" flavor, I was just thinking about adding a couple drops to some other straight flavors I made to test out (in 5ml batches). They're really weak flavors like pear, apple, etc. Two big thumbs up from me as well ^^;

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
I do love their prices. When I can afford more flavor though I'm not gonna lie though... I'm probubly going to splurge about 50$ on Capella flavoring. Capella is absolutely the BEST flavor I have ever tried.

The thing about TPA I've noticed is when they do a flavor right (pineapple) it's out of the park, great, beyond expectations. Many flavors I've found are in the middle. Good, but need other flavorings to help them stand on their own. Then there's a variety of ones I just don't like(may just be me, flavor is subjective as always) It's iffy with them but due to prices worth the gamble. It's also important to note that TPA also supplies "flavorings" or "aromas" for perfume sooo it's to be expected there may be duds not to your taste buds liking if something is actually meant for your nose.

Last edited:

Razloz

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2012
Virginia Beach
Something odd happened with the TFA Pineapple I have. I'm not sure if it went bad or my taste buds just did a 180 on me but it tastes awful now. Even the smell is pretty bad. I've only had it about 2 months so not sure if it can go bad in that time, maybe it's the plastic bottle it's stored in...I dunno but pretty sad that I can't use it anymore. So just a heads up if you get it maybe store it in glass?

Smileylb

Dec 11, 2012
California
Glad I found this thread before I was about to ask the question..."anyone know if the DIY flavors at TPA are any good?" lol. I just got my three flavors shipped to me earlier today...I can't wait to try and mix my very first juice...but my bases are probably arriving tomorrow. Out of the three I have,(Banana Cream, Cheesecake, Butterscotch), the banana cream is something i'll probably try first with chocolate from another brand..If anyone can tell me beforehand of any of the three flavors I've mentioned--would be awesome. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread