BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Just a reminder:

You may never ever ask for anything via PM that was not offered to you out on the open forum.
You may not ask for anything on the open forum unless it's got a monitary value of $7 or less and only on the Want thread. (wants thread closed)
Once you accept an offer from someone on the open forum, you may not ask them in private message to change it or add to it .

Taking advantage of PIF's good will is a bannable offense.

No money in PIF.

Last edited:

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Worth repeating, if I do say so myself:

I would like to add:

What PIF is and isn't:
PIF is a fantastic group with some incredible members. Truly some of the finest people I've had the pleasure to get to know, in real life or on the Internet. It's also a great place to discover new e-liquid flavors and vendors and trade this gear for that gear and to meet some of the nicest people on all of ECF. I'd like to see the few veteran member friends that I have left here STAY here (or even come back here). And I'd like to see the new members, new vapers that truly need help, get the help they need and eventually become more active members within the group. PIF is not a free supply of gear and liquids. It's a place to give and take, to help you help yourself and then when you're able, you give back to a new member in need (or even a veteran member going through a rough spot), bringing it full circle. Maybe I'm a dreamer, but this is my view of what PIF is...or what it should be.

We need YOUR help:
We try really hard to watch everything, but sometimes things get by us. We need YOU to report what you see happening if it's raising a red flag to you. And we need you all to do your giving and taking out in the open forum where it can be seen so that no one is taking advantage of anyone. It's just a fact that if things are done all hush hush for whatever reason, people get taken advantage of. Period. Sad, but true.

Being rude on the PIF Thread (taking advantage of PIF's good will):
New members (besides reading the rules and following them) need to be a little more gracious with their taking. If you're on the PIF threads and you're taking offers left and right in a matter of just a couple of days, you're doing it wrong. If you can only offer back into the thread a piece of blue foam and some empty carts, that's perfectly fine for one offer. Take that offer, offer back what you have, then be done until you ship your part of the deal and get your part of the deal. You can sample what you got, then come back and take another offer and you'll be able to offer back more this time. Taking large offers and offering very little over and over again is just rude. Maybe the first few times you did this, some very kind/nice person came behind you and added to your offer. That was aweseome! But if you're doing it again and again and again, you're wrong for doing it and if you don't stop on your own because it's the right thing to do, we will stop you to protect the very generous and loving members of this group that are trying very hard to make up for your rudeness.

The intention of this group is beautiful. I still believe in what PIF stands for: Person A helps person B and then when person B can, they help person C and so on. And there is fun to be had, friends to be made and good karma points to rack up here. I will always say "Long live PIF" because I love this group and it's members. That is all.

Prism

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wisconsin
BUMP.gif

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Time for another bump: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...st-read-these-rules-before-you-post-here.html

And a big reminder on rule 3. READ IT PLEASE. Nothing acquired from PIF can be SOLD. It defeats the purpose of PAY IT FORWARD. Trading is cool, but selling isn't and it's been in the rules for a long time now.

Abuse of the PIF community will not be tolerated, and will lead to being banned from PIF, if not ECF all together.

What constitutes abuse:
1. Taking advantage of PIF's charity.
2. Not being honest about your real needs and circumstances when asking for special help when PMing a PIF mod for an Emergency Needs request.
3. Attempting to make monetary profit from items you've acquired from the PIF social group. Nothing recieved from the group may be put up for sale in the ECF classifieds...this is a bannable offense.
4. "Fishing" for gear/juice. Posts in any thread such as "I want that, but I don't have anything to offer" etc. will be deleted and a warning will be sent. If you have a true emergency need, you have the option to PM a PIF mod to request a mod approved post in the Emergency Need thread and this thread is the only thread that asking for gear/juice is allowed. Otherwise, items must be traded for in the Swaps thread or acquired from the PIF threads or the Treasure Chest thread. No exceptions.

Last edited:

Prism

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wisconsin
As Lox so eloquently stated

We love new members,:) each and every one contributes in their own way to keep the community alive and thriving.

As more and more people join the PIF group it becomes more important than ever to have rules and guidelines in place. Although the members here have always gone out of their way to help new members become a part of the group and navigate their way through the forums and threads, they also helped write the rules and guidelines. The rules are there mainly to help avoid confusion, they are there for your benefit. It is incredibly rude to others to just jump in, post improperly, derail threads, go off topic, randomly chat, and otherwise cause confusion. The moderators as always are here to help with any questions or problems you may have. Please feel free to contact any of us via PM for help – preferably before you cause a problem. The moderators (contrary to popular belief) didn’t write the rules just to have an excuse to have a job, delete posts, move threads, and issue infractions. Some of us even have personal lives they would rather attend to. :p
Please read the rules, ask questions if you don't understand something - have some consideration for others - after all its the polite thing to do.

FYI the rules are here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ules-updated-clarified-all-things-sticky.html

Prism

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wisconsin
:):):):)

We love new members,:) each and every one contributes in their own way to keep the community alive and thriving.

As more and more people join the PIF group it becomes more important than ever to have rules and guidelines in place. Although the members here have always gone out of their way to help new members become a part of the group and navigate their way through the forums and threads, they also helped write the rules and guidelines. The rules are there mainly to help avoid confusion, they are there for your benefit. It is incredibly rude to others to just jump in, post improperly, derail threads, go off topic, randomly chat, and otherwise cause confusion. The moderators as always are here to help with any questions or problems you may have. Please feel free to contact any of us via PM for help – preferably before you cause a problem. The moderators (contrary to popular belief) didn’t write the rules just to have an excuse to have a job, delete posts, move threads, and issue infractions. Some of us even have personal lives they would rather attend to. :p
Please read the rules, ask questions if you don't understand something - have some consideration for others - after all its the polite thing to do.

FYI the rules are here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ules-updated-clarified-all-things-sticky.html

:):):):)

Prism

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wisconsin
  • Deleted by Prism

Prism

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wisconsin
It has been awhile since this one has been brought to the top

FYI the rules are here:

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
  • Deleted by Vchick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread