The Posse that cooks together...Recipe Thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
I'm hungry.

*takes a jar of Peanut butter down from the cupboard*
*gets a small bowl and uses a spoon to put peanut butter inside it*
*takes some honey out of the cabinet and pours it into the bowl*
*whips the peanut butter and honey together to absorb all liquid honey*
*spreads peanut butter and honey combination onto two pieces of bread*

Here you go FV... should keep you moving until the end of the day! ;)

morri

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Texas
And because bacon is a Posse weakness...

Recipe: Bacon Strip Pancakes | Budget Savvy Diva

Screen-Shot-2011-12-25-at-4.52.52-PM-300x222.png

OMG that looks soooo yummy!
hungry now, grumble grumble. lol
:blink:

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
OMG that looks soooo yummy!
hungry now, grumble grumble. lol
:blink:

I have seen a couple of other recipes that are similar.

The first has you cook the bacon and then crumble it into bacon bits that are mixed into the batter. You then pour the batter out and make the pancakes normally with the bacon bits mixed throughout.

The second is to do the same thing but with sausage. Both of them are really REALLY good! ;)

Coryac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Tulsa, ok

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
I'm wondering if there is still powdered cake mix still on it? Doesn't seem like the sprite mixed all the way....

Mine had very little.After I poured the soda on i picked up the pan and shock it a little to distribute the soda evenly.It was yum even with caned fruit.were going to finishes it off tonight.10 more pounds added thanks to BLISS.:lol:

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
Here are several more breakfast recipes... do you catch a theme here? Breakfast and grilling is what I like to make the most! ;)

Sausage Rolls

4 cups flour
1/4 cup corn meal
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons baking powder
1 tsp. salt
2/3 cup oil
2/3 to 1 cup milk
two pounds sausage

Mix the flour, corn meal, sugar, baking powder, and salt; blend in oil. Add enough milk to create a stiff dough.
Thinly roll out dough on lightly floured board in 2-10 by 8 inch rectangles.
Spread sausage on each rectangle and roll up lengthwise.
Chill well.
Slice roll in 1/4 inch thick slices.
Bake in oven at 350 deg. for 15 to 20 minutes.

Enjoy!!!:party:

Attachments

• Sausage Roll.jpg
    Sausage Roll.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

bliss12897

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'm wondering if there is still powdered cake mix still on it? Doesn't seem like the sprite mixed all the way....
It actually was like the crumble topping if that makes sense. You are just supposed to pour the soda on top, if you mix it together the instructions say it turns the whole thing more cakey. I was worried when I took it out of the over but it was very good! Or you could bounce the pan like drott did :)

violetvoo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Down the rabbit hole..
My grams use to make sweet bolona gravey and boiled potatos.How I miss her cooking.
that sounds good..never heard of it though

I miss my Granny's cooking too...that women could cook..
I still have never tasted a better piece of pie...lord knows
I've tried a lot of pies since then..:laugh:

Drottwiler

Old Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Drott's Dog House
One of my childhood memories. I rember setting around the kitchen table with a flat rock and a hamer,cracking black walnuts.:lol:Any way heres the recipe.

Black Walnut Cake
Ingredients:
1 c. butter or crisco
2 c. ground or chopped black walnuts
3 c. sifted all purpose flour
2 tbsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
2 c. white sugar
4 eggs
1 c. milk
2 tbsp. vanilla extract

Frosting:
½ c. butter
2 T. vanilla extract
8 C. sifted confectioners’ sugar
2/3 c. heavy whipping cream
2/3 c. black walnuts (prepared in cake recipe

Directions
Grease and flour 2 9” cake pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift flour with baking powder and salt. Cream remaining butter in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add sugar; cream at high speed of mixer until light and fluffy. At medium speed, blend in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each. At low speed, add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk and vanilla extract, beginning and ending with dry ingredients. Blend well after each addition. Stir in 1 1/3 c. black walnuts. Pour batter into pans. Bake for 25 – 30 minutes, until cake is golden brown and springs back when lightly touched in center. When cool, spread frosting between layers, on sides and top.

Frosting:
Cream ¼ c. butter in mixing bowl. Add vanilla extract and blend well. Alternate add 1 c. confectioners’ and part of the heavy cream, mixing well after each step. Add black walnuts. Beat until smooth and of spreading consistency. If necessary, thin with additional cream.

nogrin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Nashville, TN
blackcaverns.net
Even though my wife is a baker, this is my favorite cookie recipe that i whip up! (it's so easy, even i can do it!)

1 chocolate cake mix (my fav is Devil's Food)
2 eggs
1/3 c. oil

Mix everything together with a mixer. Will be thick and leave sides of the bowl clean. Roll teaspoonfuls into balls, then roll in sugar. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 for 10 minutes or until cracked open on top.

You can make these with ANY cake mix... so the flavors are endless. Some other favorites: Spice, Strawberry, Lemon, Butter Pecan. Also, instead of rolling the batter in sugar before baking, you can just bake them and then top with cream cheese icing once they are cooled off! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread