The Price Match Policy is a bad joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraderX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2015
Philly Suburbs
I put in my price match request on 9/14/15. I received an e-mail notification that they had received it. The online chat said I would receive an answer no later than 72 hours, which in itself is a ridiculous wait for a customer ready to place an order right "NOW". As of 9/22/15, still no response to my price match request. Did I mention my price match was for less than .40 cents on an item. I was very simply attempting to consolidate a large order with one vendor, rather than ordering from several vendors with the best prices on individual items.

You don't need a business degree to know that if the price match is for less than $1.00 it should be automatic if customer service matters at all to the company. You don't need to a business degree to know that this long of a waiting period is simply horrendous business practice.

Bottom line is that since the price match policy cannot be done in a timely manner, it should be done away with, rather than having it simply irritate and aggravate customers as it does now. Somehow Walmart with millions and millions of customers and hundreds of thousands of products makes the price match work immediately. How do they manage this? The on duty manager makes a simple one second judgement call, that's all there is to it.

Sad state of affairs at ecigexpress indeed.

Reactions: ibndevilish

ibndevilish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Torrington ,CT
I put in my price match request on 9/14/15. I received an e-mail notification that they had received it. The online chat said I would receive an answer no later than 72 hours, which in itself is a ridiculous wait for a customer ready to place an order right "NOW". As of 9/22/15, still no response to my price match request. Did I mention my price match was for less than .40 cents on an item. I was very simply attempting to consolidate a large order with one vendor, rather than ordering from several vendors with the best prices on individual items.

You don't need a business degree to know that if the price match is for less than $1.00 it should be automatic if customer service matters at all to the company. You don't need to a business degree to know that this long of a waiting period is simply horrendous business practice.

Bottom line is that since the price match policy cannot be done in a timely manner, it should be done away with, rather than having it simply irritate and aggravate customers as it does now. Somehow Walmart with millions and millions of customers and hundreds of thousands of products makes the price match work immediately. How do they manage this? The on duty manager makes a simple one second judgement call, that's all there is to it.

Sad state of affairs at ecigexpress indeed.

I also did this and got a email I do believe 8 days later but they said I would have to call the order in on the price match then it went on to say it was for the 10 ml bottles of flavoring but they would do it this one time. Nowhere on that site does it state just for 10 ml bottle. So needless to say I went elsewhere and will shop with them if I have to. It should not take that long for them to make contact. I was ready to have a big order with them but they lost a $100.00 order

Reactions: TraderX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread