RDA The pros of using an RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
Agree.

I was at a meeting with Mike another vaper. I was vaping my Kompact Kayfun and blowing clouds

Mike asked to see the screen abd he was speechless when he saw i was vaping at 10 watts and blowing as big clouds as Mike was and hus Coolfire4 was pegged at 40 watts.

If you want clouds use high VG Juice. I was using 70% VG Juice abd he was vaping 50/50.

I vape high VG because i hate the taste of PG

A big part of it is heat flux, the thicker wires have a lower heatflux and a slower ramp up time. My little 26 gauge dual coils have a high heatflux and vaporize more liguid with less power. Then you have chamber size, airflow and technique.

Reactions: Verb

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
A big part of it is heat flux, the thicker wires have a lower heatflux and a slower ramp up time. My little 26 gauge dual coils have a high heatflux and vaporize more liguid with less power. Then you have chamber size, airflow and technique.
I also use 26 or 28 gauge.

Have some 25 but too slow to ramp up.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
I find flavor is better where the chamber is small. I just want to vape what is coming off the coil, not a lot of excess air.

So rather than 22 or 25mm wide RDAs, I prefer the 16 to 18mm sizes. Same for squonking.
See i think it has more to do with vapor density:chamber size. While one can get a similar/same flavor vape off the proper ration size can vary to whatever degree so long as the ratio remains the same/similar. For me dual 4mm coils on a 18.9mm deck produces great flavor. When i am sick/tired early morning i have to open the air flow allt he way to not choke on the flavor but during the day close it some:D but i also vape an RTA and not RDA but my deck is identical to many RDA's

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Dripping is just a PITA to me. I like my tanks. I have a few very dusty RDAs.
Exactly! its bad enough i let my tanks get empty as fast as they do :p i cannot imagine dripping, talk about annoying :p not to mention just about any build in a normal size dripper i can put in my rta and wick great. :p

Reactions: Eskie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
Dripping is just a PITA to me. I like my tanks. I have a few very dusty RDAs.

I can't be bothered carrying around a jug of juice, put a bit in the RDA vape then repeat within a few vapes, its too troublesome. They are also a mess if you put in too much juice or not watching how much juice your putting in. I've been building since the first month I began vaping and able to build coils for my clearos, protanks, kayfuns, TFV4's and now subtanks that gave me enough satisfaction that dripping wasn't necessary. I vape to quit smoking, making clouds is a yuppie thing that I'm way to old and have nothing to prove. Granted rewicking a RDA is easier but filling a tank then vaping most of the day is a much better option for my needs and lifestyle.
For me its the same work to build up a subtank to try a new flavor as it is to build a RDA.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Flavor is always consistent. Vape action is also consistent. My vape ALWAYS kicks a##.
I can dial in the vape I want with a little vape knowledge and pennies for wire and wick.
I can change wicks in minutes. Changing flavors is easy too, I usually just drip over what in there and away I go.

The Velocity is OK, a good starter RDA, IMO, its not the darling some claim it to be, but it is good. Can be a leak/weep feast I prefer anything with the name Kennedy on it. :?)

BOL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Verb

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I cannot use an RDA, as i am a chain vape'r which is why i use my Griffin 25+ IMHO better than any RDA ive ever used anyway (yes ive used them as my bro in law is a cloud chaser)
I have vaped several RTAs that simply blow tge doors off many RDAs.

Here is my top attys for flavor.

Darang RDA
Deadmodz v2 RDA
Silverplay Nano RTA
Goblin Mini RTA
Freakshow Mini RDA
Rogue RDA
My Kompact Kayfun see avatar
Orchid v3 RTA
Regular Kayfun

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
No. The FDA is trying to destroy Vaping.

If the Deming regulations stand 99% ofvall vape gear will go away ( in the US) August 8, 2018.

We are hopeful that Congress or President Trump will stop them.

We are hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. Getting ready with nicotine, mods, attys so we can continue to vape rather than going back on cigarettes.

I seriously doubt the Trump administration is going to do anything meaningful if anything to benefit vaping. Even if by some miracle he puts the FDA in it's place there's still the State's. Bottom line unless you want to go back to the Stinkies you need to have a stockpile.

Now the debate between RDA's and Tanks, Apples and Oranges. Chamber size affects flavor just as size of the Chimney and RDA's you're right on top of the coils. Dripping is easy and advantage's are a number of them from flavor to being able to jump around in flavors. Tanks, you're stuck with one flavor until you empty out the Tank. Get you're wicking right you get a number of pulls from one drip, I average amount 15 or more pulls per drip. That's enough to satisfy me. You also have squonking, which is nice and a number of advantages.

Bottom line I like both and it's nice to have a variety.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
I find these threads interesting as so many people claim they don't use RDA's because they are a PITA, but I use them exclusively because IMO they are the simplest delivery device going.

In general, no leaking issues, no wicking issues, no fears or cracking a tank if dropped, fewer parts, no faff of filling, quicker to re-wick and you can change flavours as many times as you like. And, in general, I find them to produce a far better vape. Wins all round if you ask me.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I seriously doubt the Trump administration is going to do anything meaningful if anything to benefit vaping. Even if by some miracle he puts the FDA in it's place there's still the State's. Bottom line unless you want to go back to the Stinkies you need to have a stockpile.

Now the debate between RDA's and Tanks, Apples and Oranges. Chamber size affects flavor just as size of the Chimney and RDA's you're right on top of the coils. Dripping is easy and advantage's are a number of them from flavor to being able to jump around in flavors. Tanks, you're stuck with one flavor until you empty out the Tank. Get you're wicking right you get a number of pulls from one drip, I average amount 15 or more pulls per drip. That's enough to satisfy me. You also have squonking, which is nice and a number of advantages.

Bottom line I like both and it's nice to have a variety.
We can hope that congress Ir President Trump will do the right thing.

Its ok for us to try to influence our representative, Senators or President to do the right thing.

I never said to stop our prepping and wait for them to do the right thing.

Reactions: BackDoc

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I find these threads interesting as so many people claim they don't use RDA's because they are a PITA, but I use them exclusively because IMO they are the simplest delivery device going.

In general, no leaking issues, no wicking issues, no fears or cracking a tank if dropped, fewer parts, no faff of filling, quicker to re-wick and you can change flavours as many times as you like. And, in general, I find them to produce a far better vape. Wins all round if you ask me.
It works for you but not for me.

I like the rebuilding; but like tge convenience of a Tank. So RTAs are right for me.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
IVe been a dripper since I got my first RDA 2 yrs ago. I love them, I dont squonk and doubt I'll ever get into that aspect of it. I prefer them for all aspects of my vaping style. When I started I used mechs exclusively. I still use mechs primarily but I do have some regulated mods. I found RDAs worked much better for mech mods as you can always monitor your build. I find them easy to build, rewick, and maintain. I own 2 tanks, one is my old aspire nautilus that I will always have on hand, and the other is my brand new Avocado24 RDTA(not really a tank, but given my other attys it kinda counts lol)

My vote is now and always will be for RDAs!

Gaolegejun

Mar 13, 2017
I find your discussion rather interesting, I myself only really vape with RDA's I have used the kennedy 24 2 post and I currently use a Troll RDA which i just love, loads of space to build and loads of wicking room, I have used some tanks before, tried the TFV8 and a bunch of others I can't even remember, I think RDA's are like the mac of the computer world, it's just a personal preference. I will chain vape in work on my little "vape breaks" and afterwards I'll go back to the office high as a kite (just nic buzz) ready to plow on. I also mostly use mechs now. I was using the RX200s before but it just felt wrong having such a big mod and just a tank, I think if I could get the same feel and flavour from a tank like i can with an RDA I would have but I think the more airflow they are given the more clouds they produce but also the less feeling you get. I too don't squonk and I was kinda shocked to see how popular it was/is, for me walking about town with a couple of bottles of juice and one or two mods is not an issue. I do live in China though and here you can basically vape anywhere....but when I was back home in England I felt people were looking at me and my HUGE clouds and thinking omg you heathen.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA

One must master the art of Dripping-N-Driving before they experience true enlightenment :D
As for me, I enjoy the simplicity of using rdas. That's all I've used in almost three years.
To each his/her own, don't knock it before ya try it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread